• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thumbs down

Tom B

Walking the driveway
And we thought we were going to need a thumbs down button to stop people being mean! Not here! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
And we thought we were going to need a thumbs down button to stop people being mean! Not here! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think the moral of the story is not to get your panties in a wad. If you can walk through life, you gotta be able to handle an internet board. If you are the sensitive type then I don't know what to say. If you are helpful and not attacking someone you are a good person. If you are someone who tends to be rude, you might want to look into a mirror depending upon what you are being rude about. Other than that, everyone enjoy your Sunday and have a margarita! :patrelax:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Sometimes those big girl panties just fall off. •It is then that it is time to block someone or leave for a while and cool off. •Then you realize that this is just a board and they are just a rude poster and in the scheme of things is pretty low. •Others do notice and do take note.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
:eek: :eek: I'm gonna have to call the big guns in on this one! MERLIE!!! Where are you??? Lets remind Kristen exactly WHO shares horrible, scrap-your-eyes-out-with-a-dull-spoon links!!!
Gonna side with Danielle on this one Kristen. You know about some really .. umm .. "odd" things. Things ... well, that I often wish you hadn't shared, as I would have preferred to remain blissfully ignorant. :lol: I think Danielle and I will always suffer from PTSD from a few links you sent us! :eek:

I think the moral of the story is not to get your panties in a wad. If you can walk through life, you gotta be able to handle an internet board. If you are the sensitive type then I don't know what to say. If you are helpful and not attacking someone you are a good person. If you are someone who tends to be rude, you might want to look into a mirror depending upon what you are being rude about. Other than that, everyone enjoy your Sunday and have a margarita! :patrelax:

Woot!! Cheers!! :drinks42:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I don't think that's the moral.

I think it should be about being nice and people are nice back.

People shouldn't have to fear coming to this great forum and getting a rather mean and disgustingly rude PM.

Personally, if someone is going to PM someone crap, they're cowards as they didn't say what they wanted to say so the public can read it and see what kind of person they really are.

I'm alright about everyone needing Big Girl Panties when posting on the forums. But PMing people rudeness is just plain..rude. And cowardly.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Mercedez, I have been around since 2009 with a great core of Peeps. As the years pass by and new come and old go there have been times I have watched some attack others like in lynch mob fashion. Those episodes are very rare. Like I always say I either live under a rock, or I am away most days during the height of the posting when something does go down. Or I simply don't pay enough attention to all posts it is impossible unless you can be online each day all day. Like I said everyone should just enjoy a margarita today! Back to work I go today, be back later for my Marg and some AA reads probably 10 hours from now. :cool1:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh I agree. Those threads and times appear as rare. I was just replying to the big girl panty part. Or to "have a pair" mentality when posting. I think its appropriate for the most part unless its PMing. Then its personal.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen

Gonna side with Danielle on this one Kristen. You know about some really .. umm .. "odd" things. Things ... well, that I often wish you hadn't shared, as I would have preferred to remain blissfully ignorant. :lol: I think Danielle and I will always suffer from PTSD from a few links you sent us! :eek:
Excuse me?! :eek: Your arguement is invalidated by the fact you two shared a room at TASC. She corrupted you. :( I'm sorry, Merlie, there's no saving you now. You're tainted.

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Excuse me?! :eek: Your arguement is invalidated by the fact you two shared a room at TASC. She corrupted you. :( I'm sorry, Merlie, there's no saving you now. You're tainted.
Where is your proof :mad: None of us saw any evidence of any wrong doing by Teresa ;) Your secretive ways are coming back to haunt you Kristen :yahoo:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
:omg: How on earth can you even say that?!?!?! You're a mini-me! You have to agree with what I say. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I have only every left 1 forum and it was not because someone did not agree with my parronting it was because there were 3 or 4 people who thought the sun came out their own and the other people in that cliques bums and every thing they did was amazing and faultless and if anyone disagreed they might as well leave so I did :)
I knew I had met you before! ;)

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
There is no corrupting a sweet, innocent, happy person such as myself! :D I am innocent and I've been proven not guilty!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
My poo never stinks. :D

InvaderNugget

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vickie
While it could be satisfying to down vote a comment that we don't agree with, I think it could add potential anxiety to sensitive people posting.

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I think I wasn't around for whatever drama prompted this thread. :confused: IOW, I think my hands are clean, for once. ;)

For myself, I don't mind bluntness, at all, but I have a pretty low tolerance for passive aggressiveness. It's cowardly, as are attacks via pm.

Heck, several good friends of mine are people with whom I went toe-to-toe when we first encountered each other.

I think a *dislike* button would be a disaster, on a number of different levels.