• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The story of how two crossed over the bridge....

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Not this :crycry: but this :swoon: Thank you for taking her in, sounds like you both are kindred spirits, full of love and compassion.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
"So I made a deal with her Dad in my head, he can take care of Bea for me and I will take care of Cyd for him. "

That sentence broke me. <3
I really believe that, I don't think Bea sent Cyd to me, I think the Dad did. I feel more connection to him, then Bea or Cyd. I still don't understand why Bea had to die :sad1: I try and figure it out but I can't come up with one. I still don't know why she nearly died twice in surgery, only to die 3 days later :( Maybe I had to see that she, was suffering for me to feel okay with letting her go, maybe I needed the goodbye. I wish she didn't die, she was my little warm light in my heart, my best animal. :( The vet spent two overnights with her, trying to save her. The third night she called and asked how Bea was, the tech said, she thought she was okay, Bea meowed at her. :( That was her last word.

Sometimes little feathers fall in front of my face, little floofies, I think they are her, or I hope they are.

You know, Tuchis TAG is such a trouble maker and loves to cause chaos with the other birds...only certain ones, but he and Clancy CAG don't get along and I'm sure if Aspen CAG would ever be brave enough to venture out of his cage, Tuchis would make him a prime target too, but they all love to just chatter back and forth and one of the things that Tuchis loves to say over and over again is "CLANCY BIRD!" LOL! There's no doubt in my mind that the greys would miss each other if they didn't have each other to sit and chatter at and beep at!
I am thinking that is why he is screaming, it didn't really dawn on me until yesterday.

I am certain Bea put Cyd in your path. Someone else to love who desperately needed someone after her daddy passed on. Bea knows you could love someone and since your home is so wonderful, she sent you Cyd. Clearly Cyd adores you already. This was meant to be.

:sadhug:
I hope so, I look at it like I am honouring her Dad's life by making sure she is cared for and loved.

I'm not much of a crier, so I'm not in the process of building Mount Tissue right now like many other people on this thread, but this is very touching.
:hug8:
:lol:

Danita, I think you write very well...your words are full of emotion and from your heart. You have expressed so much telling us about Cyd. So many tears in this thread already - sadness for the loss of Bea and happiness for you and Cyd. I think we can all feel it :hug8:
I cry when I read it too. I had to write about Bea, before I could share this.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh wow...congrats and most importantly, thank you for opening your heart to her. :hug2:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I could really feel the love she had her whole life, and it was very sad to me, that her future may not have the love she craved. So I made a deal with her Dad in my head, he can take care of Bea for me and I will take care of Cyd for him
:sad7:

You're the best!

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I really believe that, I don't think Bea sent Cyd to me, I think the Dad did. I feel more connection to him, then Bea or Cyd. I still don't understand why Bea had to die :sad1: I try and figure it out but I can't come up with one. I still don't know why she nearly died twice in surgery, only to die 3 days later :( Maybe I had to see that she, was suffering for me to feel okay with letting her go, maybe I needed the goodbye. I wish she didn't die, she was my little warm light in my heart, my best animal. :( The vet spent two overnights with her, trying to save her. The third night she called and asked how Bea was, the tech said, she thought she was okay, Bea meowed at her. :( That was her last word.
Having a wonderful person step up and give our babies a loving, full life for as long as they can when we die... that means everything. the scary part is we can't be sure of it, save if a known family member/friend agrees beforehand.

I lost my german sheperd Stevie on sunday. it was very sudden, I am completely devasted, I am looking for answers, for reasons. I feel guilty, the most probable cause was an extemely allergic reaction to a medicine called clavamox, which in less than 24 hours stole his life.... I read and look at photos of your Bea and I am flooded with my memories of my Stevie. Of how they are gone so soon, of anything we could have done differently, of how time passes so quickly... of everything. I can't even describe properly all things i feel inside.
It hurts.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Danita, how wonderful!
I am so glad you felt Cyds dads presence and his need for you to care for her. She looks like an absolute doll.
I can't wait to hear stories from you once she's moved in :)
:hug8:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Wow, it goes full circle. You and Cyd were meant for each other and her Dad and Bea made sure to tell the Doc to introduce you. A Wonderful new adventure, friendship, and healing can begin:hug8: I'm fighting back tears as I type but this just also made me so happy for both of you.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
You had to start a blubber thread! First thread I looked at after work today, now I've these stupid tears on my cheeks.

I am so, so happy for you! I've always felt that at times fate places in your reach exactly what you need. I'm so glad you reached for it.

I love how you see Cyd's dad caring for Ms Bea, and you caring for Cyd.

I hope you have many happy years with this little one.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Cyd's dad can now rest in peace knowing Cyd will be well cared for and loved. And Bea is sitting next to him saying, I told you she is the best.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
AWWWW Danita-I did not mean to make You cry:hug5:

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I cried too, reading your story. She has such a sweet face. Melts my heart.

♡♡♡♡

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Awww this is wonderful. You needed one another :heart: I can't wait to get to know her better and hear stories about her once she's home!