• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The story of how two crossed over the bridge....

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Ms Bea | Page 2 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

The Dr. told me there would never be another Bea.....
No there wouldn't, but there are always special friends along the way.

Two weeks after Bea died, I got a call from the Dr. She wanted me to come and meet a grey.
I was kind of done with birds, as a matter of fact, I didn't want birds anymore after Bea died.

I went to the Vet, to see her grey, she tried so hard to save Bea for me. I needed to do that, she wouldn't have called if she thought it was a bad idea.

There was a tiny little grey, she is 26, her name is Cyd. Guess what? Her Dad died :( She had been with the same man her whole life and was loved very much, spoiled. He was apparently very kind and gentle.

Her and I sat together, she was a little nervous. I was too! I had enough bites for the day. She was nice enough, but I wasn't love struck.

Then I went the next day, she needed attention, I felt so bad imagining how it would feel to find someone for your companion bird knowing you were on your last days.

Then she wanted me to pet her. I heard from everyone at the clinic how sweet she was, super sweet and loved to cuddle.

Well after the third visit, she RAN to me, I mean she saw me and RAN to the door :lol: Then she crawled right up under my chin and snuggled for an hour. Quietly, snuggled and wanted to be held. I needed that too. Every time I visited her, she got more and more attached, now she kisses my whole face when she sees me and makes the kissing sound. She settles right under my chin and relaxes. I have to say this really is the nicest bird I ever met, she doesn't bite, she cuddles, I have never encountered a bird without issues :eek: Now, she practically eats me up when she sees me, super sweet. The girls at the clinic said they have never seen her like that, she chose me.

I could really feel the love she had her whole life, and it was very sad to me, that her future may not have the love she craved. So I made a deal with her Dad in my head, he can take care of Bea for me and I will take care of Cyd for him.

Some birds do have a charmed life, and that is okay, it makes me feel good to see this. It isn't always sad, they all aren't victims at some point, they are loved always.

Maybe one day, if I have to find a home for mine because I am on my last legs, someone like me will come along and make sure all their days are safe and they feel loved.

She will come home with me, I couldn't bring her home with all these SWS orders, I need to finish them, then she can move in. Until then, I visit her every day :) She is super petite and has bedroom eyes.

Here are some pics of her. See how she just sucks into me? She is like that the whole time!
cyd2.jpg cyd3.jpg cyd4.jpg

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I am so excited for you. She does have a sweet look in her eye. I usually don't like the look of the grey's eyes but she is giving you the love look.

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
That is such a touching story and a wonderful way of thinking about how Bea will be with him. Brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad she found someone she can love as much as she loved her Dad, and someone who will love her as much back. Lucky birdy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my goodness- now you have me crying again. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure Cyd's dad is looking out for Bea for you- along with Anne and the other AA birdies who have crossed the bridge and I'm sure he's sending you hugs from heaven for taking in Cyd. She is just beautiful and I'm looking forward to reading more about her. :)

:heart::heart::heart::hug8::heart::heart::heart:

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
:hug8:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Holy crap! Talk about kismet :smileflower: How wonderful :swoon: Now, where are the Kleenex :sad7:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG Danita! What an incredible story! Have you ever thought of writing a book? Cyd is the luckiest little grey girl ever and so is Bea! I think I'm going to have to cry now for everyone! I'm so happy for all of you!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is absolutely wonderful, Danita.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Oh Danita...:sad7: Wishing you and Cyd much happiness. :hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
When I hold her, I tear up a little, at least once. I try not to, I don't want her to feel sadness from me, but maybe she feels like she needs to take care of me too?
Weird too, I always look for signs and symbols in everything.

So, Bea was BEA
Cyd is CYD

ABCDE

Weird, a new beginning with two lives intertwined, actually four lives.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Awwww. Funny how it just works out like that sometimes. I'm sure one day you'll be looking back and feel so glad you took her in.

On another note, are there a lot of greys available over there? I've only seen one or two here over the past few months o_O

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Danita, you really need to write a book!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Here's to new beginnings, Danita! I'm so happy that you've found each other. It was truly meant to be.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
On another note, are there a lot of greys available over there? I've only seen one or two here over the past few months o_O
I don't really know what she has. If you are interested in adopting a bird, let her know. If you have a relationship with her, she will surely come up with a bird that could possibly be suited for you :)