• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So this may be happening...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Wow, I just went back and re-read most of his story (I skipped to the part where you brought him home, so I wouldn't start cursing & get my blood pressure up:shifty:) but your little Bowser has come so far! I'll bet he doesn't even remember anything before his fun, safe house with his adoring family. :laugh: All he knows is love and birdie bread now thanks to you! Whenever I need a feel-good pick-me-up I just come and "Browse the Bowser" and I'm never disappointed. :D

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love that bat bird shot :batnana:

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Nothing better than hanging upside down!

When I first got Kalea she was a scared little girl too. If she heard a truck at the other end of the block she was on alert and scared but I just kept telling her over and over, that everything was fine, nothing was going to hurt her. It did take a long time (as in a year or two) but she is not like that really anymore, just the 'usual' when they see an animal in the back yard or some strange person coming to the house. Just keep being his solid rock he can rely on and things will continue to get better for him.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Bump.

Just because.....

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Bump.

Just because.....

OMG look at that first picture.... I bet given the choice he would endure all that pain and suffering again to end up where he did. :D
He lives a charmed life now. :laugh:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

OMG look at that first picture.... I bet given the choice he would endure all that pain and suffering again to end up where he did. :D
I was sad yesterday. The bump was just because sometimes we need to remind folks there are happy endings in life.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I was sad yesterday. The bump was just because sometimes we need to remind folks there are happy endings in life.
♥♥♥

And to rescue a bird should always be the first choice because those birds deserves to be loved and well taken care of.

To give a bird in bad condition or/and are abused is in the end giving you the best journey in your life.
And the day when trust is their you will have someone that loves you in a way words can't describe.

Thank you all for doing whatever it takes to bring a rescue bird home. ♥

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Just reread the whole thread. Bowser is living the good life now, and that makes me very happy. Also flairs up my "allergies ".

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Bump.

Just because.....
Thank you for the bump. :heart:
I hadn’t seen these pictures from the beginning in a long time. It’s bittersweet to see the pics of Bowser so damaged, but happy to know he didn’t let that stop him from becoming amazing.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa

I almost cried at the first pics. Such a brave little thing :p. Warm/nice food and good toys put some energy into his spirit, and it’s still what works today. :heart:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Just reread the whole thread. Bowser is living the good life now, and that makes me very happy. Also flairs up my "allergies ".
Thanks @Clueless for bumping this thread. Bowser had such sad beginnings but he has flourished with so much care and love from @MiniMacaw :heart::heart::heart:
Thank you. :heart: Plenty of “allergies” have happened over here too along the way :hilarious:.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
@MiniMacaw I hope you enjoy your baby. I think those who rescue older birds are entitled to a baby bird at least once. (I say that because I want a baby bird so badly but I just go to CL and find the older ones.) And he is already smiling at you. Do you have a name picked out?
I agree, had many older birds and 4 of them passed now. So my grey I had since he was a clumsy chick, and has been my baby for 7 years now.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
My husband found this guy for sale locally...well two hours away but still... and we are considering getting him next week. The thing is I have to decide by tomorrow or these people will be opening up the possibility of shipping him to whoever wants him. He's had it rough, his beak got caught in his cage and frantically trying to free himself he did a good amt of damage. He also had a toe swell up and that was removed. I feel like he's not in a good environment being in with a large amt of breeders and no one on one attention so my heart is pulling me in the direction of getting him. I have the money (just paid off all debt woohoo) and time but it's such a huge decision. I want to just go buy a huge cage and tons of toys and bring this little guy home but I'm trying to be rational...however I don't know that I can leave him there to be one of hundreds of pieces of "merchandise" Any words of wisdom are appreciated. View attachment 235871
Awwww what a sweetie!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Bump.

So many sad things lately in my human world. And yes, in the Avian Avenue forum world too.

Any chance for an updated photo of Bowser for a reminder that good things happen?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bump.

So many sad things lately in my human world. And yes, in the Avian Avenue forum world too.

Any chance for an updated photo of Bowser for a reminder that good things happen?
I'd like to second this please :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Oops, forgot to tag @MiniMacaw ......

:banghead:

@Macawnutz can we have one of these guys doing a face palm? Or is it there already and I'm too old to see it....

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thank you, found him!:facepalm: