• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
You guys. Oh boy.

My vet just called me. A friend of hers, who works at a vet clinic outside of the city, had a budgie surrendered to her clinic after a cat attack. Said budgie has no wings, no upper beak, and no eyes. I wish I was kidding. Apparently the cat pulled him through the cage bars and had him for who knows how long while the owner was gone.

My vet heard the story, and asked me if I want him.

I'm sure you all know what I said.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You guys. Oh boy.

My vet just called me. A friend of hers, who works at a vet clinic outside of the city, had a budgie surrendered to her clinic after a cat attack. Said budgie has no wings, no upper beak, and no eyes. I wish I was kidding. Apparently the cat pulled him through the cage bars and had him for who knows how long while the owner was gone.

My vet heard the story, and asked me if I want him.

I'm sure you all know what I said.
Poor baby! Will he or she still be able to eat and drink without their upper beak or will you be doing hand feeding and giving drinks with an eye dropper? What a horrifying ordeal. I'm sure you will move heaven and earth to make this angel's life as normal as possible.

Having two feet is at least one thing they have going for them, but they won't be able to climb much without an upper beak. Could one be 3D printed and attached? That would make a world of difference. Or ramps instead of regular perches; good for Ciel
too.

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor baby! Will he or she still be able to eat and drink without their upper beak or will you be doing hand feeding and giving drinks with an eye dropper? What a horrifying ordeal. I'm sure you will move heaven and earth to make this angel's life as normal as possible.
He's still out of the city so I haven't been able to see him yet, but I'm hoping he has at least a little beak left. If not, I will be more than happy to hand feed! I feel so bad for the little guy.

His old owners named him Chicken Soup. What a terrible irony.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...oh my. :(

More good thoughts going out...

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Omg! When does the horror end??

The poor little thing, I can’t believe he made it through all that.

You know you are an animal angel don’t you?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
So it turns out that Chicken Soup (new name to come) was found in the cat's water dish, so he also suffered from near-drowning and hypothermia. What a horrible day for such a little bird!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg :(

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor budgie. I hope he makes it and has some quality to his life. At least he is in a good place now where he will get the help he needs. Then you will be there for him when he gets released from the vet's.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
warning.png WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES warning.png

The vet out of town sent some pictures to my vet, who sent them to me. I honestly don't know how this little budgie is alive. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Omg. That poor little baby.

I can’t believe what I have just seen. How is this little trooper even standing after such an event?

Fingers crossed and lots of loving and healing thoughts being sent your way little one :heart:

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
My vet has a GCC without an upper beak. Someone brought it in to be euthanized and he would not do it and kept him. He has had him for 10 years and he is happy and healthy. I see him whenever I go there

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
So much pain and terror. I just can't imagine. :sad11: I'm glad he's cleaned up and on glorious pain meds now. Maybe God spared him because one of your budgies in meant to be his life- long friend.
My vet has a GCC without an upper beak. Someone brought it in to be euthanized and he would not do it and kept him. He has had him for 10 years and he is happy and healthy. I see him whenever I go there
There is always hope. :) And even though he hurts now, I think I see a bit of top beak still. :fingerscrossed:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so worried about him! Just as the Three Musketeers began to start really improving, and my heart had finally begun to settle down...

Terre being attacked by a little dog was terrifying enough, but a cat is a whole new ballgame. Especially since the cat had this little one for a good long time and was surely batting him around, while the dog only got one or two good chomps solely on Terre's wing. Internal injuries are certain, not to mention pasteurella, his hypothermia, and the shock from such brutally painful major injuries. He's gonna be on more medications than a hypochondriac.

So much pain and terror. I just can't imagine. :sad11: I'm glad he's cleaned up and on glorious pain meds now. Maybe God spared him because one of your budgies in meant to be his life- long friend.
There is always hope. :) And even though he hurts now, I think I see a bit of top beak still. :fingerscrossed:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if he and Terre bonded? They could be my two green meanies. :D
You're right, I think there's a wee bit of mandibe left! She said his lower beak is cracked too, but will be repaired in surgery.

Thank you so much for telling me that! That's such a massive relief to hear.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Found a picture of him on their site. His name is Christopher Robin. I was wrong, he has been there for 15 years. He is very friendly and active. I have had the pleasure of holding him. This is the result of a dog attack

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Oh my god. That poor bird. Well, I'm glad that he's found his way to you. It's honestly nothing short of a miracle that he's still alive. If he comes out on the other side of this, he'll be the strongest budgie there ever was! Sending all my good thoughts to you :hug8:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I just have no words. Blessed are those who go above and beyond to help some of God's smallest creatures. Wishing comfort to all the little one's needing help.