• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Budgies don't produce dust like cockatiels do, but they are quite messy for their size just to warn you. So they might still produce respiratory symptoms with out frequent cleaning up after or ventilation, especially in warmer conditions.

Edit: By the way, I am really glad there are people like you who are willing and able to take in unwanted birds. You have a big heart, and I wish you the best. Just remember not to bite off more than you can chew and to take care of yourself first and foremost. :)
Mess is fine by me. :D I'm already extremely obsessive about cleaning, since I foolishly have a macaw and a grey in the same house. Air purifiers run 24/7 and everything is wiped down at least thrice a day. I'm just unwilling to further endanger my New World fids with more dusty birds, so I'm glad my budgie trio won't add to the dust to a noticeable degree. That's a relief!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no, Soleil has lost vision in her other eye. :sad11: She's completely blind right now.

Please let her vision come back! :sad3:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Oh dear, what a sad update. Poor little guy :(

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I find my two budgies can be quite dusty around molting time which seems to be long in the warmer weather. But, I have English budgies which are larger than the budgies you have so less feather mess. I would bring up this question to you vet. Do you have a good air filtration set up now?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I find my two budgies can be quite dusty around molting time which seems to be long in the warmer weather. But, I have English budgies which are larger than the budgies you have so less feather mess. I would bring up this question to you vet. Do you have a good air filtration set up now?
I have two hepa filters in the New World room, two in the Old World room, and one in the hallway between them. I'm hoping to get a Rabbit Air soon-ish.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh no, Soleil has lost vision in her other eye. :sad11: She's completely blind right now.

Please let her vision come back! :sad3:
Hopefully it will at least some, but if it doesn't I think she'll surprise you how well she manages, especially with friends. :) We think Harley could barely see & she learned her cage really well and could get around easily and bash her bell ball like nobody's business. o_O

Ciel's surgery got bumped up! It's happening in an hour! :eek:
Good luck to Ciel!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I hope all goes well for Ciel, sending you all some love ❤

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ciel made it through surgery and out of anaesthesia without a hitch!! :D He's still pretty drowsy, but he's back in his oxygen chamber with some cute vet wrap over his surgery site and a big dish of treats! Brave little munchkin.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So your vet works on Sunday. How great is that. Praying hard here. Those feathered babies have been through so much.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I vacuum around my two baby budgies at least twice a day sometimes more. They are very messy little rascals with seed hulls everywhere and tiny bits of chewed up stuff, hehe I find it so cute how tiny the chewed up bits the budgies make are.

There is a bit of dust that I find I need to also wipe up with a damp cloth a few times a day but no where near as much dust as Burt makes daily while he is constantly moulting.

I am so paranoid about their dust affecting Burt even though they are at the other end of the house and the vac lives next to them lol....my budgies will eventually go out into the aviary once the warmer weather comes. I couldn’t put them straight out in the aviary as I think they would be freezing due to only being housed inside so I will keep up the extra cleaning and distance till the warmer weather arrives.

I have no doubt you will do fine keeping the dust levels down. :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So glad your e little troopers and doing well. Hope its going to be home we go soon. @hrafn are you getting enough rest yourself?