• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Actually, I'm done for the night. I can't read one more thread. I'm just devastated for this poor little bird. I can't even think anything because I'm muddy with tears. God love you Hrafn for opening your heart and doors.

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Thank god he found his way to you. I hope that he will be able to have a good quality of life with you and Terre, his ground buddy. Them being grounded together is almost perfect, but the horror of what he’s lived through...I’m amazed the vet chose not to euthanize him. Poor angel.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just have no words. That little soul did not deserve this. None of those budgies did. :sad10: Thanks again @hrafn to be willing to take these special budgies.

Poor GCC, too, but good that the vet took him in and is providing for him. Except for the beak he looks good.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
After the Three Musketeers comes D'Artagnan... Well, you were waiting for a Mer/Ocean, so I guess you have it now.
It's sick what the little one has been through... I hate cats.. :wtf:

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Omg... poor baby... I hate it when people are irresponsible with birds and other pets. If anyone can give him a chance at happiness and life, it’s you. It’s a miracle that he’s alive.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
He is already an AA budgie and has friends waiting for him. Why are people so careless with the life of a bird? We see this over and over again. How many times do we write Predator and Prey do not make bedfellows.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
..what an excellent name suggestion. :yes3:
I like that too :)

Why are people so careless with the life of a bird?
I´m thinking the exact same thing.

I have just caught up the last 2 pages and read about the new bird (I refuse to even type that awful name they chose).
I´m sat here open mouthed. I just can´t believe it.
I don´t even want to imagine the horror this little one experienced because it is too upsetting.
I´m just so amazed and glad he is alive, I´m really rooting for the little guy. I will be thinking of him and wishing and hoping.

I will remember this. I don´t think this thread will leave my mind ever.
I think I will save this picture so I can share it with the next person who says ¨ah it´s so cute when my cat plays with my bird¨ or ¨my bird chill on the cats scratch post, it´s fine¨ and ¨oh, my cat would never hurt the bird, she´s a good cat¨ etc etc etc Truth is, this is the reality. No ones cats are bad. They are just doing what is natural to them and people with multiple species of animals need to respect that.

A picture paints one thousand words.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Little Arbre D'Artagnan is still alive this morning, but very very weak. He may not make it through the day, but I'm not giving up hope.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am in tears over the budgie and really just at a loss for words. You are a saint, hrafn.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
C’mon Arbre!! We’re all rooting for you here!

I don´t even want to imagine the horror this I think I will save this picture so I can share it with the next person who says ¨ah it´s so cute when my cat plays with my bird¨ or ¨my bird chill on the cats scratch post, it´s fine¨ and ¨oh, my cat would never hurt the bird, she´s a good cat¨ etc etc etc Truth is, this is the reality. No ones cats are bad. They are just doing what is natural to them and people with multiple species of animals need to respect that.

A picture paints one thousand words.
That’s a really good idea, it’s the tragic truth :(

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
He is already an AA budgie and has friends waiting for him. Why are people so careless with the life of a bird? We see this over and over again. How many times do we write Predator and Prey do not make bedfellows.
On the other hand, if he'd had a proper cage with the proper space bars, he couldn't have been drawn through by the cat and it would have been fine.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm appalled how these heartless owners simply dumped him at the vet after he was horribly maimed as if he was a piece of trash. What is wrong with humanity these days?
I am praying for a miracle for this poor suffering little baby.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm appalled how these heartless owners simply dumped him at the vet after he was horribly maimed as if he was a piece of trash. What is wrong with humanity these days?
I am praying for a miracle for this poor suffering little baby.
I try to give them the benefit of the doubt since they at least surrendered him to a vet instead of posting an ad on Kijiji (like Terre's old people), but I mean...dang. They actually surrendered him to be euthanised because they said it cost too much, but he was fighting so the vet decided to give him a chance. He's doing a bit better now, but he has to be hand-fed formula and pedialyte because he can't shell seeds or eat pellets or anything on his own yet. They tried offering some formula and soft food in a dish but he can't navigate at all and hasn't been bold enough to venture out of his safe space in the corner, and is afraid of the dish when it's placed beside him. He's a mess.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
On the other hand, if he'd had a proper cage with the proper space bars, he couldn't have been drawn through by the cat and it would have been fine.
A woman near me left her bird cage outside so her budgies could get some fresh air and sunshine. Bar space was good. A hawk came and massacred all 4 budgies from the outside of the cage. So I don´t know, maybe it would have helped, but who knows.

He may not make it through the day, but I'm not giving up hope.
Every hour that passes is one hour closer to healing :)

He's a mess.
Not surprising :( He won´t trust anyone or anything, I don´t blame the little fella. So heartbreaking what has happened to him.

I have faith he will be ok ❤

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've just caught up on this thread and I'm HORRIFIED. That poor, poor little budgie. He must have been in agony.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Now you have an even number of birds, if he makes it. Does the new one require any surgery? He is a cute little Piper!