• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Senegal Parrot vs African grey

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I want to get a smart parrot for training and learn and not only talk.

Which? Senegal parrot or African grey? or you recommend other species.

Bulldogs&Birds

Meeting neighbors
I myself have never had a Sengal or a African Grey, but from what I’ve heard, they are both very smart. You would also have to put in different factors too, not just the birds ability to learn and smartness. Also, every bird is different, like my bird Ricky is a sun conure, and they are known for being loud. But I barely hear a peep from him.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What's happened to CoCo?

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I myself have never had a Sengal or a African Grey, but from what I’ve heard, they are both very smart. You would also have to put in different factors too, not just the birds ability to learn and smartness. Also, every bird is different, like my bird Ricky is a sun conure, and they are known for being loud. But I barely hear a peep from him.
I heard Senegal is calm But I want to get a very smart parrot to learning.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You've only just lost CoCo - keep searching.

And if you don't find CoCo, don't jump into getting a new parrot without thinking about whether you can care for it properly. African Greys are considerably bigger than cockatiels and need a larger cage and more toys. You also need to think about how you can prevent future escapes.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
You've only just lost CoCo - keep searching.

And if you don't find CoCo, don't jump into getting a new parrot without thinking about whether you can care for it properly. African Greys are considerably bigger than cockatiels and need a larger cage and more toys. You also need to think about how you can prevent future escapes.
I'm angry when CoCo is escaped. He saw me and didn't come to me. I say CoCo CoCo come come but he didn't care.
Why? He leaves me and I need a parrot that doesn't leave me.
Of course, I'm searching for CoCo. I have given my phone number to some people in local and I'm waiting for their call.
CoCo has his home forever.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If CoCo got out, he was probably terrified and too frightened to come to you.

We've been trying to tell you that birds aren't like dogs - they don't have thousands of years with humans. Birds are still wild animals and need a good reason to come to you. Teaching a reliable recall to a bird is hard because flocks don't work like that.

Until you understand that, it doesn't matter how intelligent the bird is. You need to learn how to communicate with it and understand it.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm angry when CoCo is escaped. He saw me and didn't come to me. I say CoCo CoCo come come but he didn't care.
Why? He leaves me and I need a parrot that doesn't leave me.
I am struggling to find words.
How can you be angry at him? He must have been so scared.

I do not recommend either a Senegal nor and African grey. I think you should step back from birds for a while, keep searching for Coco.
Maybe a dog is a better fit for you, they are more inclined to do as they are told.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
Ugh... my gut tells me someone was kicked out to make way for the new ¨thing¨. I feel awful saying it.. but this thread has really thrown me.
I have spent all day thinking about Coco after reading He doesn't obey if go to the busy place like lunchroom. | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum and now I see this :(
I don't have a human child. CoCo is my child. CoCo is first my pet. I ask some page in Instagram and they aren't sharing his photo yet.
I don't know What does CoCo feed? CoCo is live or die. I'm very sad when thinking about him.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that CoCo has flown away. Hope that you find him. There are stories of birds escaping from their homes and surviving in the wild and then finding their way home again so don't give up.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm very sad when thinking about him.
But are you thinking about him?
Or are you here deciding your next bird?

Did you advise police and fire services like I said?
If he is your child, then take more action. Do more. Don´t stop. Print posters and stick to the street lights and show everyone you see.
You are wasting time on your computer deciding a new bird, when you could be looking for Coco.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I am struggling to find words.
How can you be angry at him? He must have been so scared.

I do not recommend either a Senegal nor and African grey. I think you should step back from birds for a while, keep searching for Coco.
Maybe a dog is a better fit for you, they are more inclined to do as they are told.
I'm searching for CoCo. I don't know. Maybe I'm a bad guy for CoCo. I feel I'm alone. I don't know what do I do. CoCo back to me, please. Back to home. I want to get expensive food. You can bite me. You can do everything you like. Just back to me.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
But are you thinking about him?
Or are you here deciding your next bird?

Did you advise police and fire services like I said?
If he is your child, then take more action. Do more. Don´t stop. Print posters and stick to the street lights and show everyone you see.
You are wasting time on your computer deciding a new bird, when you could be looking for Coco.
Here is difference with your local. I saw CoCo in the apartment last time. I go to the apartment and most owners leave home for travel because Iran celebrates the new year. I'm waiting for back them and I guess CoCo go to their home.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
So sorry that CoCo has flown away. Hope that you find him. There are stories of birds escaping from their homes and surviving in the wild and then finding their way home again so don't give up.
Thanks for worrying.

Kodigirl210

A dog might be a better solution for the OP as far as training goes but dogs are illegal in Iran. The owners are subject to huge fines and up to 20-lashes if caught in a public place with them. They are also often times stolen from owners and put down under the guise of getting them vaccinations to be registered with the state. It’s a sad situation.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
A dog might be a better solution for the OP as far as training goes but dogs are illegal in Iran. The owners are subject to huge fines and up to 20-lashes if caught in a public place with them. They are also often times stolen from owners and put down under the guise of getting them vaccinations to be registered with the state. It’s a sad situation.
Here is the difference between the US or Canada or Europe completely. Human thinks a bird just a bird and not any more. I have many challenges for rescue CoCo. You know nothing about my situation and you think I'm a bad guy for CoCo.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Here is the difference between the US or Canada or Europe completely. Human thinks a bird just a bird and not any more. I have many challenges for rescue CoCo. You know nothing about my situation and you think I'm a bad guy for CoCo.
I don’t think anyone thinks you’re a bad guy for coco. It’s just hard to understand why you immediately jump into wanting another bird even though coco just escaped. Give him time. Birds are difficult and complex creatures. You can’t demand anything from them. They have to want to do it. They are not obedient creatures by any means.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you're able to find Coco.