• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Senegal Parrot vs African grey

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Unless the OP is a child, I am having a real hard time with this post.

No,I don't think you are a bad person, and you are right, none of us know your situation; but this nonchalant attitude of yours regarding Coco's disappearance, not to mention the unrealistic expectations you piled onto that bird, are telling all of us that another bird is the last thing you need.

AviaryByTheSea

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael
You should consider getting yourself a pet that doesn't fly... like a nice cuddly rattlesnake or something else fun.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I don’t think anyone thinks you’re a bad guy for coco. It’s just hard to understand why you immediately jump into wanting another bird even though coco just escaped. Give him time. Birds are difficult and complex creatures. You can’t demand anything from them. They have to want to do it. They are not obedient creatures by any means.
I know. I'm angry because nobody helps me. You can't understand me. Nobody cares about CoCo. I'm sad. I'm alone now. CoCo isn't an animal for me. I love animal and I love to live them.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
Unless the OP is a child, I am having a real hard time with this post.

No,I don't think you are a bad person, and you are right, none of us know your situation; but this nonchalant attitude of yours regarding Coco's disappearance, not to mention the unrealistic expectations you piled onto that bird, are telling all of us that another bird is the last thing you need.
I'm strange feel. I don't know which things right and which things bad. I'm alone now and Maybe I get a strange decision.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
I am hopeful that maybe you will find Coco. And it’s sad that you are having a hard time finding him. If you insist on looking for another bird, please stick with a Senegal. It’s smaller, more likely to bond to you and won’t stick out like an African Grey will. A male will talk. The females do not. And Senegals are very trainable. The best solution though is getting Coco back home.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I love that have a dog, bird and cat. I love I get up the bed and feed them. I love all of those. I'm not a bad guy for the animal. I'm a friend of all animal.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I am hopeful that maybe you will find Coco. And it’s sad that you are having a hard time finding him. If you insist on looking for another bird, please stick with a Senegal. It’s smaller, more likely to bond to you and won’t stick out like an African Grey will. A male will talk. The females do not. And Senegals are very trainable. The best solution though is getting Coco back home.
Thanks.
I spend much money on buying a Senegal and find Senegal is very hard in Iran. But I accept all challenger because I need a friend. I share my time with him. I don't have a lot of human friends. But I like to have many animal friends.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
If you couldn't keep a Tiel from escaping then a Gray is not for you. They are masters at figuring out how to get out of a cage or the house. The minute someone knocks on the door or looks like they are heading to the door my Gray is at the door in seconds. I have had to put up a curtain to keep him from the front door.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
We have a culture difference here. Educate, dont condemn.
The op seems to care, but not in our taught way.
A little patience and guidance is what is needed.
If he gets another bird, let us be here for him.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I want to send SMS to people in the local. This is the last chance.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
A very thoughtful and empathetic response.

There is also clearly a language barrier that is preventing the OP from fully communicating his story and feelings.

As the American-born child of immigrants, I also think we need to show some understanding here.

The OP is not the first and will not be the last person on this forum to lose a bird to escape or an accident (often due to human error) — and then also get a new bird. I’ve read plenty of escape/accidental death stories here.

There are also plenty of people with multiple birds, and we all certainly would like/prefer certain behaviors from our birds rather than other behaviors when/if possible. (How many threads do we have about addressing/how to “fix” X, Y and Z behaviors?)

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I can't understand.
Do you mean I'm not a good person for animals?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Armin, everyone of us have made mistakes. One thing to remember is most of us won't tell others these mistakes, we'd be ashamed or afraid of censure.
Also many of us are from the US and we make our pets our children. Not always the best idea, but you get the point.
Many other countries think we're nuts, but it's how it is. We treat our pets better at times than family.
So you understand this is one of the reasons members here are saying the things they're saying.
As long as you have your bird's best interest at heart, and love and care for it to the best of your abilities, most here will end up welcoming you.
Just realize we'll also let you know what we believe is the best way to care for your bird.
Bare with us.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
Armin, everyone of us have made mistakes. One thing to remember is most of us won't tell others these mistakes, we'd be ashamed or afraid of censure.
Also many of us are from the US and we make our pets our children. Not always the best idea, but you get the point.
Many other countries think we're nuts, but it's how it is. We treat our pets better at times than family.
So you understand this is one of the reasons members here are saying the things they're saying.
As long as you have your bird's best interest at heart, and love and care for it to the best of your abilities, most here will end up welcoming you.
Just realize we'll also let you know what we believe is the best way to care for your bird.
Bare with us.
I only have you for birds. Nobody helps me except you. CoCo is my child. I'm angry when somebody says me just a bird and not anymore. You should understand my situation.
most of the member here know I care about CoCo and his food. they know I can't find pellet for CoCo here and I try to make handmade food.
I think many people think like you when CoCo escaped But No.
I believe CoCo want to back me. I believe. I'm sure.

Kodigirl210

Just focus on the positive. Holefly things will look up soon. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending positive thoughts your way that Coco will return.

Sylvester

Hit the Road

I agree. But cultural differences are not the same as an attitude that reflects the selfish notion, that somehow, Coco was a throwaway bird.

Armin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Armin
I agree. But cultural differences are not the same as an attitude that reflects the selfish notion, that somehow, Coco was a throwaway bird.
say clearly. I can't understand what do you mean.