• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(sad update) Preparing for a sick Budgie

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She is lovely, congrats. However, I do have some concerns. It appears you are not doing any quarantine with this new bird, away from your present bird?
My other concern is the rust showing on this cage. This could cause issue with heavy metal toxicity.

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
@waterfaller1 she is in quarantine, and been moved to a bigger cage. She seems to be settling in well and is preening at the moment, although I do get the impression she is looking for other birds! (she is used to being around a lot of other budgies!) The smaller cage is her owner's and was just used for transport :)

MyAussieFriends

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
Here's my new pretty girl! It isn't a very good pic of her as I don't want to be too intrusive while she's still settling in :)She's a little bit nervous but doesn't try get away from me when I go near the cage! We've given her the name Daffy, because she looks like a daffodil :xflove: :heart:
I love lutinos :budgie6:

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
She is just too pretty for words :xflove: I want to take her out and cuddle her but I have to restrain myself and allow her to settle in first ;) I will be making a new thread for her, I feel this one should still be dedicated to Breighlee :heart:

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
Awwwwww cute Amy!!!!! Congrats!!!!! She's so beautiful and i love the name!:p
Keep us updated on the progress of the two!