• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(sad update) Preparing for a sick Budgie

MyAussieFriends

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
You did your best, and you did amazing work with her, so do not blame yourself for this.

She was incredibly lucky to have spent the last part of her life in your care.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh. :( What a shock.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did an AMAZING job. :hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:cry3: :cry3: :sorrow: :hug9:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
I am so very sorry. I have been watching this thread and cheering every change in her. THANK YOU for giving her the love and care she should have received from the beginning. You did everything possible for this little sweetheart, be proud of that. You gave ger a chance but sadly she was just too weak from the prior neglect. Many hugs and thanks for giving her a chance and for caring. You are a good, kind person. Hugs

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry . She was very lucky to have had you in her life, if even for a short time.
:hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no...i am so sorry :sadhug2:

Alyse

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyse
:loveshower: You worked so hard and cared so much for her, and she knew that. Bless you for making her last days her best :angel6:

Naomi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Naomi
Sorry to hear your news Amy, may he fly free now and forever.... :sorrow:

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Diggy has been so lonely since Breighlee passed away. Luckily a lady with budgies said she will give me one of hers to keep him company :) Hopefully I will get the new one next week!
I'm just looking for some advice on how to go about introducing them, and if a male or female would be better. I definitely don't want any little budgies in the future so I'm leaning more towards a male but I'm not sure if I would then risk fighting, etc?

Diggy sits by his mirror all day, making cute little noises at it. He isn't tame so I can't handle him to give him the attention he needs, although I do sit and talk to him. He seemed to like it when I was raising the mannikins and had them nearby, and he would sit at the bottom of the cage and talk to them too.

I miss Breighlee so much and wish she was still here with me :( My heart hurts to think about her but I know she was so much more comfortable and healthy in her last few days with me. A lady I spoke to who has dealt with scaly face before thinks she was very old, and was surprised she had made it that long in the condition she was in. I'm so glad I got to know her though :xflove:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
actually getting two males is ideal...a male and female are good too b ut since you do not want babies...two females will usually fight. of course you would have to quarantine at least thirty days..then see if you can put them in side by side cages at first and the same cage..also budiges love lots of toys to play with so that may help..thank ou for helping little Breighlee in her final hours.

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
Oh Amy, i'm sorry about Breighlee. I hope you'll get a nice young and healthy fried for Diggy. Poor fellow is probably very lonely. Keeping him company always helps. :hug8:
Let us know about the new arrival! And pictures pictures pictures!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Amy, you did incredible work to help Brieghlee. to make him or her more comfortable in her last days. Fly High and forever free little one. whom ever had her b/4 should be reported for neglect.
rocky's mom

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Thanks so much everyone :hug8: I'm looking forward to the new arrival! Originally, Diggy was supposed to go back to his first owner while I treated Breighlee, so that he wouldn't be in contact with the scaly face mite. The lady also wanted Breighlee back once she was treated, although she originally contacted me to have her put to sleep. When I heard that Digs would be going in someone else's aviary, I managed to convince her to let me keep them (besides, I was already attached, and there was NO way I was ever letting Breighlee out of my sight!). She also couldn't tell me where she had gotten Breighlee from, saying she had her for only a few months, and that she had paid R50 for her before seeing that she was in such a terrible condition. I'm not sure if maybe she knew the person she got her from quite well, which is why she "couldn't" tell me who they were, because I said I wanted to report them. Or maybe Breighlee had even been with her longer than she said, and she was worried I would report her for neglect. Unfortunately, I just didn't have enough info or proof to report the case

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh I'm so sad...... Just reading this now, and when I first saw the starting photos I actually screamed. I was/am really angry at the people who lived with that baby and did nothing!!! (even relatives and friends who visited and did nothing to intervene.) I am SO grateful that you stepped in and loved Breighlee. I'm positive she knew you were helping her... ((((HUGS)))))

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What a very sad story. I am so sorry you lost this precious soul. But I am sure the angels have taken her up high to watch over you and your flock. May she RIP. Thanks for giving her comfort and love in her final time on this earth.
Heart hugs to you and Digs. Congrats on your new baby. :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Here's my new pretty girl! It isn't a very good pic of her as I don't want to be too intrusive while she's still settling in :)She's a little bit nervous but doesn't try get away from me when I go near the cage! We've given her the name Daffy, because she looks like a daffodil :xflove: :heart:

Attachments