• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rhaegar is gone ....

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I hope you have good luck soon. He's out there somewhere.
The only time I lost dogs, I used my other dog to find them. When they were 2ish, Bear and Pete pulled a complicated escaped from their pen while I was at work and went on an adventure. Shadow was in the house (because he was well behaved) and led me a couple miles down remote back roads we'd never been on... right to them. But it was the same day, he wasn't mourning, and he was a clever dog who seemed to know what I was asking him to do.

So I wonder, what would happen if you put Nymeria on a long lead/rope and took her to one of the places he's been sighted most recently? Maybe she can lead you to him via scent?
I think it might be worth a try anyway, the worst that can happen if she's on a lead is you don't find him and come home.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I do worry about that even though we live in a rural area cuz we have two highways near by , a back road that idiots like to speed on and a train that runs by the town ...I am hopping that he is staying in the fields or will come back to the town ...I just feel so helpless and hopeless right now ...I miss him terribly and then there is watching my other dog already mourning him ..it so sad :sad1:
Is he neutered, the reason I ask is because, if he is intact, and a female is in heat, he could be busy with an in heat female.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I hope you have good luck soon. He's out there somewhere.
The only time I lost dogs, I used my other dog to find them. When they were 2ish, Bear and Pete pulled a complicated escaped from their pen while I was at work and went on an adventure. Shadow was in the house (because he was well behaved) and led me a couple miles down remote back roads we'd never been on... right to them. But it was the same day, he wasn't mourning, and he was a clever dog who seemed to know what I was asking him to do.

So I wonder, what would happen if you put Nymeria on a long lead/rope and took her to one of the places he's been sighted most recently? Maybe she can lead you to him via scent?
I think it might be worth a try anyway, the worst that can happen if she's on a lead is you don't find him and come home.
I tried that Sunday morning with her and thought we were on to something but it turned out to be nothing and then she refused to come out with me until tonight..I had to trap her in the house to put a leash on her ...we were out for an hour and abit until it started to rain again .... I think because we have had so much rain any scent must be gone by now ... :sad1:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Is he neutered, the reason I ask is because, if he is intact, and a female is in heat, he could be busy with an in heat female.
He is neutered for sure ...I ran into a friend of mine who has been training her dogs in the East field the past 5 days and she said she hasn't seen him at all but there is a very aggressive group of coyotes that are running in that field and North of it...so that doesn't sound good to me at all since Rhaegar was first seen in the North West field Sat night ... :shakehead:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Went to all the farm houses and acreages yesterday to hand out fliers got a possible siting in a near by camping ground which is South East of my town so my mom and I went down there with Nymeria and gave out fliers to all the campers .... but no luck ...every day is full of sadness for me ..we fixed our fence so Rhae cannt have a go at the neighbors dogs like he likes to do ...but I was like whats the point we may never find him it been 6 days now ..the chances of him coming home are very slim now ..but I will still go out every day more than likly twice a day for a few hours to try to find him ...I miss him so much my heart hurts ....Nymeria is more willing to go out with me now maybe she feels like getting out of the house is better than staying there waiting for him to come back ...her sorrowful howling hasnt stopped though ..I have never heard anything so sad before ..well thats not true she did this when we lost Godrik ....she stays most of the time in her dog house instead of out in the yard still and Im still having to sleep on the couch with her at night ... at this point I dont know what else to do to help find him ....I call all the numbers every 2 days and look at websites and facebook all the time ..nothing ...am at a loss as to what comes next :shakehead:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
What do you guys think of Animal Communication ....a scam or something to look into ..it has been suggested to me to use Claudia Hehr Animal Communicator, Author & Coach to try and see what has happened to Rhaergar ..I have heard nothing but good things about this woman from a person whom I trust ...and I do believe somewhat in the fact that there are certain people out there that have this ability with people but with animals Im not so sure ..even though I believe that animals have souls ...am I just grasping and throwing my money away ..or could this be a viable way to find my baby ....:blink:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don't believe in this kind of things when they are doing it for money.
But you should not listen to me, do what you find is the best. If you believe that it can bring you Rhaergar back then it's right for you. :)
I'm so sorry that he still is lost! :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
What do you guys think of Animal Communication ....a scam or something to look into ..it has been suggested to me to use Claudia Hehr Animal Communicator, Author & Coach to try and see what has happened to Rhaergar ..I have heard nothing but good things about this woman from a person whom I trust ...and I do believe somewhat in the fact that there are certain people out there that have this ability with people but with animals Im not so sure ..even though I believe that animals have souls ...am I just grasping and throwing my money away ..or could this be a viable way to find my baby ....:blink:

I believe there are people with many gifts that some people do not or cannot understand... check your inbox for a private message :)

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
You mentioned something about Raegar, and your neighbors dogs, did he fight with them,? I hope your neighbors didn't let out Raegar. Just my suspicious mind...leaving no stone unturned.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
You mentioned something about Raegar, and your neighbors dogs, did he fight with them,? I hope your neighbors didn't let out Raegar. Just my suspicious mind...leaving no stone unturned.
Yes they did fight back and forth ...my neighbors have 5 dogs all very aggressive labs if you can believe it ..they are the aggressors in all the fights ...Rhae never starts it ...he just is very protective of Nymeria when the other dogs start in ....I dont think they would open my gate ..they know their dogs are the bad ones ...there was a rottie that was believed to be let out on Sat by a group of teens earlier on in the day just down the block from my house ..luckily he was found and returned home ...the teens were found laughing while the owners/friends were looking for the rottie ...and they (the teens) live in the same neighborhood as I do ...so maybe they let mine out as well ... I talked to the friend of the rottie that was let out and she thinks my dogs could have been let out "by mistake" cuz we live next to the dogs that bark all the time and maybe they were trying to let the 5 labs out instead of mine ....in any case it doesnt matter my boy is out there some where and its killing me that I cant find him ... :sad5:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Day 8 and nothing ..no sightings or anything ...mom and I scented an area in the field that he was last seen ..we tied strips of Nymerias and his blankets and my dirty teeshirt on barbed wire fence and left a kennel with some of my dirty clothes in it ..to hopefully bring him closer to town so he can find his way home ..I check it twice a day on my rounds while looking for him ...Nymeria is still refusing to go out with me unless I catch her in the house or trick her somehow to leash her ... thinking about getting her a puppy ...with her being a wolfdog she bonds more to the dogs in the house and since there are no dogs in the house to help her this time I think she will need a friend to help her get over Rhae and if he comes home at some point then we will just have 3 dogs ...I hate to even think about it but I have to do whats best for her ...so I have started looking at rescues for pups ...it should be a fairly long process so we have some time to grieve... but I will never stop looking for him ..hes my boy and always will be ...:sad5:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
:sadhug2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you think your dog was stolen? I have used a very good animal communicator in the past. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am very sorry some slimeball opened the gate. People can just be completely nasty.
I hope he comes home soon.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Do you think your dog was stolen? I have used a very good animal communicator in the past. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I don't know ...he wouldn't just go to anyone but with food someone could get close enough to nab him ...I have joined a couple of animal communication groups on face book just waiting for a reply ...and a friend is talking to another animal communicator on my behalf so we will see what that brings ...I really just want him home :shakehead:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I am very sorry some slimeball opened the gate. People can just be completely nasty.
I hope he comes home soon.
Yeah I have no idea what the intentions were ..its sad that people do that sort of thing for what ever reasons ...they have no idea what harm they have caused to my family :darkcloud:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well its been over 3 weeks and no sign of my beautiful boy ...I have posted fliers ..put them in mail boxes ...taken them to farm houses ...posted him on all the sites I can think of ...called all the vets ..counties..dead animal pickups ...towns and rescues I can think of ...I have talked to animal communicators ... I am so sad that with everything I have done I cant find him ...you would think I would hear something ..anything ..but there is nothing ...I walk around my town with Nymeria hoping I will see him behind a fence or she will pick up his scent but still nothing ...I miss him so much ...I feel like I have failed him ...I feel so guilty for letting him get lost ...I feel like there is nothing left to do but leave it in Gods hands :darkcloud:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Well its been over 3 weeks and no sign of my beautiful boy ...I have posted fliers ..put them in mail boxes ...taken them to farm houses ...posted him on all the sites I can think of ...called all the vets ..counties..dead animal pickups ...towns and rescues I can think of ...I have talked to animal communicators ... I am so sad that with everything I have done I cant find him ...you would think I would hear something ..anything ..but there is nothing ...I walk around my town with Nymeria hoping I will see him behind a fence or she will pick up his scent but still nothing ...I miss him so much ...I feel like I have failed him ...I feel so guilty for letting him get lost ...I feel like there is nothing left to do but leave it in Gods hands :darkcloud:
Did you post a reward, ask the kids in the area they are good at scoping stuff out, especially if it is a money reward.