• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Request for more prominent warning about use of AA in lieu of vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sorrry to offend anyone with the word "improving". I chose the wrong word. It was not meant in a negative way.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
None of this thread was meant I am sure in a "negative"way but it was not done with the best intentions and it has only caused nothing but mayhem in its wake. We have been so happy and satisfied with the service this wonderful site has given us and I regret the words of a few who lets face it have been on the site just a case of five minutes to make us feel so upset about it all. I for one was quite satisfied in how it was so wonderfully dealt with in the past and cannot see how it can be improved much more than it is. We all want to move forward and do the best for our birds and without this site mine would be in a much poorer state.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Wow!!! Even I can read the disclaimer. I LOVE IT!!!

Ginger

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
That definitely sticks out:D

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I really like the idea that someone put up of having a warning/disclaimer, something you need to read and agree to before you can enter and post in the 911 forum.

I am unsure of software capabilities, so if it is not viable on this forum software then I guess the solution lies elsewhere. But another forum, which is vBulletin also, I am on has a certain area which you need to agree to the terms and conditions of that certain area before you enter and it is applicable every single time. Is this something the admin have looked into or are able to see if it is something that can be applied? As I said, I am not admin on vBulletin software so I don't know if it is an option or a "hack" to get it done.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
No sorry, I don't think anyone who's here in panic should have to wade through anything more than what's been posted. They certainly can see it, but to make them "sign something" could defeat the purpose of having them come here for help. I do like that it's in giant letters though so that there is no chance of anyone misunderstanding about what happens here.

Ginger

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
IMO having to agree to a disclaimer will only discourage new people from posting and asking questions. We can not force people to seek medical attention for their birds :shrug:

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's a fair enough point, I am also of the opinion like others have also said, that people who haven't an intention to take a bird to a vet won't be reading through the relevant information that is supplied anyway and will just post a question regardless looking for a miracle. :(

I do think that these people though are in the minority and the vast majority do the right thing.

For what it is worth as a fairly new member, those resources are extremely valuable and I did read through them when I first joined, so they do work. :)

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Thank you sincerely, Chris, for agreeing to disagree and creating a more visible warning. :hug8::dance4:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
We will continue to work on making the appropriate notices more visible and encourage everyone to please contribute to the vet listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.