• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Queen of Bavaria emergency Blue Pearl, Tampa, Fl

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We are all praying for Baily to make it. :hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8: sending lots of prayers.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Send lead paint testing to Louisianna state university. They are the best and vets from around the country have sent paint testing there.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

ddy13

Walking the driveway
So sorry, NAME the Stupid cage. Please, I hope you are both OK.

ddy13

Walking the driveway
I'm so sick and so angry! I don't know my recourse but it will be ugly, trust me. Sad to put Bailey threw all this because this company doesn't follow guide lines. I am in the process of finding out where to send sample of paint for diagnostics of lead and or zinc. Bailey is still in :( critical condition and won't be coming home today.
Companies do not care, bottom line, Refund or they just consider Bailey property no recourse. :hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
:hug8: Keep fighting Bailey.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Ok I picked Bailey up tonight. He is weak and will have to be kept quiet, no flying, very anemic! He is in good spirits and glad to be back with us. One week and more testing until his gizzard is clear. Xray showed 1/3 lead and or zinc has gone threw in gizzard as of today. I WILL WAIT FOR ONE WEEK OR TEN DAY TO RETEST! Test will show if any liver or kidney damage was done, hopefully NOT! Animal Environments cage is on the way and until it gets here he will remain in a tub or travel cage. He is limited on exercise due to his condition. He has compounded meds given by mouth or beak should I say 2 X daily. I will also be giving him formula to try and put weight on him as well. Wish me luck! I will be posting soon the manufacturer of his cage, trust me. Very well thought of cage, as I did my homework thinking it would be ok as a temporary cage! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His cage is made in China. I will be contacting small Mom and Pop store where I bought it from to let them know what has happened and take it from there! I am actually in the process of having a Stainless Steel Cage (Animal Environments) made for my Timbrado Canary as well even though I know Elvis probably would never strip paint off of his cage, by the way the same manufacture of Bailey's Cage! I WANT TO THROW ALL THE CAGES BY THIS COMPANY IN THE STREET!!!!!!! I'M NOT SURE WANT CAN BE DONE AT THIS POINT PROBABLY NOT MUCH BUT I WILL DO MY BEST! The Avian Vet has treated in the last 15 years or so 1000 cases of this!!!!! Testing out of China or should I said NOT testing, SUCKS!!!!! CRIMINAL! CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Last edited:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Companies do not care, bottom line, Refund or they just consider Bailey property no recourse.

I will contact this Mom and Pop store, nice people but we will see. Cost of the cage the cost of the Avian Vet, the estimate of about $3,000.00 would be my guess but the thing is I hope Bailey will be back to normal with no Kidney or Liver problems due to this crap! Money cannot buy his health due to the criminal act of this company. I AM SO ANGRY! :hug8:

ddy13

Walking the driveway
I hope they understand and stop selling that sort of things. I always ask where they get the supplies and food they carry and also check on line.

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I am glad to hear things are looking up!

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Thanks, I am so happy to have my little man back. I wil be waking him in an hour or so to give his meds. I'm sure after all the needles he is going to hate me for it. I have missed him so much, can't wait to hear him talking in the am like old times! Thanks for everyones support and thanks for all the kind words. Who will be next? Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else but I know I am not the only one. So many die with no diagnosis. Thank God I didn't wait one day longer or Bailey wouldn't be here today!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am sorry to read about Bailey and hope that he will make a full recovery. It's great that he is back home! Sending positive thoughts your way for his continuing recovery.
Please post the cage manufacturer soon.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am so glad to hear that he has a good chance at making it. Can you email the manufacturer of the cage about your experience and vet findings? I would include that in your vet's professional opinion this was caused by ingestion of paint chips from the cage. Also include that paint chips were found in the bird and that the toxicology report came back positive for high lead levels/lead poisoning. If the cage co. is an American co. that contracts the building of these cages with a Chinese factory, they may not know that there is lead based paint on the cages. They may in fact believe otherwise. It is possible that they are being mislead. I do think they should be made aware of this and that other birds will likely become ill and die.

Please continue to let us know how your bird progresses. I am so sorry you are going through this.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Yes, I am trying to find out information on this company, well known Company made in China. Just email address given but looking into if it is owned in the United States. Information not readily available. Full Dr report and very specific to cause.