• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Queen of Bavaria emergency Blue Pearl, Tampa, Fl

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Wings spread out, crashing when trying to fly, head bobbing, not eating and heavy breathing ? They have Bailey in the back and waiting for Dr to come in. I think he might have ingested a part of a toy but not sure. Dr Lightfoot is on call if we need her. And the answer is yes Dr has been called in. They have him on oxygen. Bailey is less than a year old. OMG! Scary. Could be upper respitorory. Who knows? He has never had any issues. :(

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
It does sound scary, hopefully the vet figures it out quickly.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: plus :angel1: :angel1: :angel1: :angel1: plus :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8: Hoping he is okay!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no! Sending prayers!! :hug8:

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any update?

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Yes stomach full of paint chips, new cage can't reveal brand but will keep you posted. Life strengthening made in China and well thought of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very upset because all my birds are in stainless steel cages but this one which was temporary waiting on custom cage. This cage was new and Bailey has been in it for 6 months. I did notice him peeling away paint the last 6 weeks but it was suppose to be leed free and well thought of cage, NOT!!!!!!!!! I am not at liberty to tell you the brand but trust me I will. I left Bailey tonight and hopes he makes it. I am so very upset and I know many at risk as I am right now! I will be calling first thing tomorrow AM to inform the pet store that sold me this cage what's going on. I ordered a stainless steel cage back June 4, 2013 and haven't received the cage yet, very disappointed in deed. Cage to shipped next week, to late it seems!!!!!!!! I love Bailey so much and noticed his decline overnight! I am sick with grief!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many other's are at risk????????????

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry...

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Yes all bad! I am so sick to my stomach, I spare no expense and this is what happens. Companies putting our love ones at risk with poison paint. Companies in China cannot be trusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well know company, I am sick with grief, I will take this as far as need to be!!!!!!!! I just hope Bailey makes it!!!!!!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:( :( :( Sending good energy to Bailey. Please share so we will all know what to avoid. Sending hugs to you. :hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Prayers coming your way.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Sending prayers for Bailey. Praying it's not too late, and your vet can save his life. You must be so heartbroke. Hugs for you. :sadhug2:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Bailey I have had since 8 weeks old. My very favorite of all my birds. The love of my life. I am so upset right now words can't say what I am feeling but not good! Bailey was born May 10,2013, so very young!!!!!! Not sure he will make it! Left him but with the very best Avian Vet I know, Dr. Lightfoot in Tampa, Fl.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so very sorry! Sending prayers that Bailey makes a full recovery! :hug8:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Fluids and 15 shots in the next 10-12 hours and just heard from Dr that she will be calling first thing in the AM. Bailey was dehydrated and giving fluids round the clock!

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I am so sick to my stomach. Just hope other's are not far behind. The fact that Bailey decided to start peeling the paint off his cage just the last couple of weeks, go figure. I just thought no problem, the paint was safe. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a new cage but one week maybe safe tested but just know NOT!!!!!!!!!! MY Bailey may not make it!!!!!! China regulation's cannot be trusted!!!!! Who is at risk, all of our love one's. I have spent a lot for cages for my other birds but JUST for temporary cage thought it would safe, NOT!!!!!!! I am so sick right now and just pray my Bailey makes it!

Last edited:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Praying for Bailley :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: