• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
@Mitchan Do you happen to be poicephalus on Tumblr? If so, I Love your blog! :)

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
That aviary looks so lush @Mitchan ! I have been looking to do a similar set up in the back yard but have limited flat land. Where did you get yours? And is it easy to move/deconstruct? I live in Michigan where it's cold most of the year, so looking to see if there any set ups for 3-4 months (then into storage)

Mitchan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
That aviary looks so lush @Mitchan ! I have been looking to do a similar set up in the back yard but have limited flat land. Where did you get yours? And is it easy to move/deconstruct? I live in Michigan where it's cold most of the year, so looking to see if there any set ups for 3-4 months (then into storage)
I got mine from VidaXL, I believe they have a webshop in the US too but I'm not sure if that exact aviary is available over there. I think it shows up on Ebay every now and then though! It was VERY affordable though! :)
It's not too sturdy though so for an outdoor aviary I'd only recommend supervised playtime. It's.... technically easy to assembl, but I found it takes at least two people and some creative thinking lol :D Pretty easy to move though, and wouldn't be too hard to deconstruct either! :joyful: It's cold most of the year here too so I'm also going to keep it in storage during the colder months.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks for letting me know @Mitchan ! I overlooked that you lived in Sweden and thought maybe yours was the aluminum one I see on Amazon.com :)

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Current set up for our galah. Still want to add another perch, and we have a few more toys to go in. Just not sure where to put the toys....

Attachments

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Looks good Kelley, are you sure you even have room for more toys :wacky: LOL

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Looks good Kelley, are you sure you even have room for more toys :wacky: LOL
Pretty positive there's no more room for toys. I'm keeping them on standby. The husband still wants to add a perch to the back wall though, so we'll be on the hunt for a good one. I'm thinking that the toy hanging in the back right corner might just last 6 month (or 6 days?) It's about 10lbs+ and 3 feet long.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Perhaps a short perch on the front door Will please hubby:D Wil make it easy for her to get out of the cage(go to perch and swing door open) and back in, you could even add a side mounted toy next to it:p

MojoIRN

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarah
I do have budgies too...currently have two in this tiny cage as they insist on sharing...got new one on order but it taking centuries to arrive. They do come out for hours every day I just prefer bigger cages!

MojoIRN

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarah
Ferplast Planeta Aviary for 2 budgies. Don't recommend it. It is terrible. lol Only thing I like is the size. I'm currently waiting for new full length perches in hope it stops collapsing if try and move it! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
Not really proud of mine right now but the birds at least have the run of the room. They are rarely locked in.

For right now space at my parents house is limited but I'll be upgrading soon!

Attachments

suparnovajuice

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
I moved home last year and for the first time in ages I have a garden. So in Feb I dug up the garden, put down some concrete slabs, and ordered a 6 ft by 8 ft shed and a 5 ft by 8 ft aviary flight. It took ages to get it how I wanted (first hampered by snow, then by my lack of ability at DIY and then unusually hot weather for the UK) and there are still a few things to do, but at the end of July it was done enough to get the birds out and let them enjoy the space. For a month or two anyway, I still need to sort out electric so I can put up a light and have a radiator for heat. So this is only a summer residence right now, in a few weeks they will have to come back inside to the bird room. But this is currently home to four budgies and three bourkes:

P1.jpg

Unfortunately so far only one bird seems to use the flight, the rest like to stay inside (part of me despairs, the other part is secretly happy that they are inside and totally safe). Its also a small space so hard to take decent pics.

P2.jpg

I got a bit carried away with the wallpaper. It's hard to actually see the birds sometimes.

P3.jpg

Camouflage birdies:

P4.jpg

If anyone is thinking of building a shed/aviary for their birds let me know, I can tell you all the many things I did wrong, had to re-do, and what I'd do differently. I've never built anything before that didn't come from IKEA with instructions so this whole thing was a huge learning curve. If it falls down I don't think I'll be putting it back up!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I moved home last year and for the first time in ages I have a garden. So in Feb I dug up the garden, put down some concrete slabs, and ordered a 6 ft by 8 ft shed and a 5 ft by 8 ft aviary flight. It took ages to get it how I wanted (first hampered by snow, then by my lack of ability at DIY and then unusually hot weather for the UK) and there are still a few things to do, but at the end of July it was done enough to get the birds out and let them enjoy the space. For a month or two anyway, I still need to sort out electric so I can put up a light and have a radiator for heat. So this is only a summer residence right now, in a few weeks they will have to come back inside to the bird room. But this is currently home to four budgies and three bourkes:

View attachment 284477

Unfortunately so far only one bird seems to use the flight, the rest like to stay inside (part of me despairs, the other part is secretly happy that they are inside and totally safe). Its also a small space so hard to take decent pics.

View attachment 284478

I got a bit carried away with the wallpaper. It's hard to actually see the birds sometimes.

View attachment 284479

Camouflage birdies:

View attachment 284480

If anyone is thinking of building a shed/aviary for their birds let me know, I can tell you all the many things I did wrong, had to re-do, and what I'd do differently. I've never built anything before that didn't come from IKEA with instructions so this whole thing was a huge learning curve. If it falls down I don't think I'll be putting it back up!
It turned out great!

hanee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Judit Hannak
I just did a little rearrangement today with the cockatiels’ cage and around. I have no picture of the ‘before’, but it is just a bit different now. I also created a few new toys to them. I only use natural things in their cages.

D13B66AB-9D11-4180-AB23-AB6115CA9CD3.jpeg

A5565A43-355B-4E2B-B7C9-C3CFE730041C.jpeg

4F0F8C0A-84A9-432B-9A7A-D781364D21DD.jpeg

D0F0B1A0-3420-4E12-88D7-E5543A4ED2AD.jpeg

3976B486-FFB7-4877-8ED8-2A626582B503.jpeg

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I have posted before, but here is my most recent set up as I only have one bird now... I have a Rose Crown Conure.

Zoey's Cage w/ Door Closed
upload_2018-9-3_23-31-41.jpeg
Cage w/ Door Open
upload_2018-9-3_23-32-42.jpeg
Zoey's Play Stand!
upload_2018-9-3_23-33-30.jpeg
Zoey's New Travel Cage! I just purchased this item on Amazon.ca!
upload_2018-9-3_23-34-21.jpeg upload_2018-9-3_23-34-33.jpeg upload_2018-9-3_23-34-45.jpeg
And a Picture of Zoey Just because it's fun!
upload_2018-9-3_23-35-14.jpeg

suparnovajuice

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
She looks very happy with her set up :) Wow that's a smart looking travel cage, is it heavy?