• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
@sparklepupp What is that on your windowsill? Looks like a hyacinth, which are toxic to birds
Yes I'm aware we have a few toxic plants, they are my mom's and this is pretty much the best spot for them unfortunately, and I doubt she would want to give them away, but I always supervise Charlie very closely when he is outside his cage :) I have already moved a few plants away so he can't access them & this spot isn't problematic for now since he still has clipped wings and doesn't climb on the sides of his cage, but if that changes i.e when he will be flighted I will do my best to move them away/find them another spot. I honestly can't wait to move into my own appartment one day so there will be no plants or pans or uncovered windows to worry about! My mom loves Charlie but she isn't so big on adapting her environment for our pets since "we never had an issue with our other birds before" :( At least she let me put a few ribbons up our windows lol. Anyhow, thanks for the reminder, I'm keeping those plants on close watch ;)

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have some Sansevieria.. Some places list them as toxic others don´t so I just assume they are. I keep most outside but I have 1 snake plant in the hallway. My birds never stop in the hallway, they just fly through it but like you, I´m always thinking about it :)

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
JLcribber that is AMAZING!! What lucky birds you have!!! :D

I just moved so I haven't set up the rest of his stuff, but here's Archy's cage (he decided to come out and model it for everyone :p)

Where did you get that cage??? I love it!
Do you have a link to where I might purchase one like it?
Thanks,

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
My shots are not the best but here ya go;

farliecageA.jpg

farliecageB.jpg

The cage is from Petco and is very dangerous for small to medium sized birds. It is poorly constructed with 'toe traps' that can break a bird's toe or leg. I have done my best to fix the problem areas but will be buying a new cage in the near future.
Inside the cage are grapevine perches and natural wood. I do not use those smoothe dowels that usually come with a new cage.

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
Just got Porter his new setup today and upgraded everyone.
Everybody is in a plenty big cage now xP

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Don’t know how I never noticed this thread before! I LOVE seeing bird setups / play rooms :heart:
Here’s “my” room... just getting started as I’ve only been a bird mom since April. Once my babies flight feathers grow back, I plan on putting the tree stand across the room and adding lots of ropes, branches up high for them to fly to! I’ll also “open up” the inside of the cage more, I have alot of perches in there now to accommodate their lack of flight :(
The little play stand normally comes on our bed when they’re out, I have another one but I’m still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer on what they used to dye the wood...
My favorite thing by far is the tree stand. I went out to our woods behind our house, searched for the perfect “bird safe” tree, and did everything except the base myself, so it came out exactly how I wanted :dance4:

Attachments

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
I’ll take a close up of the individual cages tomorrow but for now...

Still a work in progress, would like to get some more things hung up from the ceiling ... and the desk is a mess/temporary lol. But it’s what I have so far and we’re in a rental so somewhat limited as well. But we’re both spoiled because the room is HUGE so lots of flight space and freedom on that regard...

Second cage is for a to-be announced addition. :D

The big branch is from our apple tree. Recently hacked a few branches off and that was the largest one... still need to let the smaller ones dry off to drill into them to make perches.

(And yes I have a mini museum in my cabinet :o: )

Last edited:

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Where did you get this?!
Koda got a cage upgrade this weekend, and Chappie also inherited an upgrade in the process as well!
[/url]

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Where did you get this?!
That member has not been on the forum in more than a year and a half, so you will most likely not receive an answer.