• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
She looks very happy with her set up :) Wow that's a smart looking travel cage, is it heavy?
Thanks, she is LOVING IT!. I find the travel cage not to be too bad, but it is about 15-20lbs I would say! I love it though as I can have her out in the living room with it and she can be with us and it safe from my dog and cat as it's too heavy for them to damage. If she's out there I will be right beside her.. She usually stay's in my spare bedroom as I have an animal gate on the door, so the door can remain open, but she remains safe.

Last edited:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Okay, here’s my cage setup for my little guys! Great setups so far, everyone. Makes my setup look like nothing. LOL. :o:

21F70C4D-4393-45BA-8383-7BA72FED5CD0.jpeg
There are several smaller toys that are harder to see. There are several at the bottom of the cage, too. My birds prefer flying around than playing with toys, so I made sure to give plenty of toys while giving plenty of space for flying and hopping from perch to perch. There are actually about 16 toys in there at the moment (two of those sixteen are store-bought, the rest are homemade). A large majority of them are smaller so don’t take up much room. MY favorite one is the one on the bottom left by the lowest natural wood perch. It has sola wood chips and wooden beads, slid on to metal wire and attached to the cage. But, of course, the birds haven’t even laid a beak on that toy yet. :rolleyes: Oh well, maybe one day.

The Budgie boys have that triangular seagrass mat sleeping hut at the top. I was always worried about those fabric ‘snuggly-hut’ things or whatever they’re called, because I heard horrible stories. But I wanted to give the birds a nice, comfy place to perch at night. So I made that. :) No fabric or strings involved. I used zip ties to attach it to the cage. I just put a homemade cardboard foraging box in there on the hut if they want to play with it.

The cage setup is still a little bit of a work-in-progress. I have plenty of materials from California Bird Nerds left, so I’ll be making and adding things as I come up with ideas. I’m also working on a play area over and on the top of the cage.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
These are Luna’s, Scallywags and Cottons cages. Not pictured is Grimms.

“Edited because I pushed post before adding photos”

Attachments

Leanna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leanna B
Here's Milo's cage. I probably have too many toys, but he doesn't seem too mind. It's 40 in wide by 30 in deep and 72 in high so he has plenty of room. He never goes lower than the dowel perch though.
IMG_20181207_132032[1].jpg

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
First, the budgies. This cage is opened at lunchtime for my guys to have some freedom around the flat, and gets closed as soon as they go back in to eat (this time will be extended as we get into training). Full spectrum lighting of course, and trust me they use every inch of the space.

And Sid's bachelor pad. It's opened at breakfast, but in this case it gets closed at bedtime. He'll go in his cage on request. Not so many toys but they aren't really needed in a 'bedroom' so they"re all over the flat instead. Full spectrum lighting again.

It"s cleaning day today. :mop:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
@AbnormalAvian This set up looks awesome! You really make the most of that nice height of the cage! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get that wooden perch in the upper right hand corner that seems to stretch up and across? It kind of looks like grapewood maybe? I would love to get my hands on a perch like that one!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java's setup. For those who don't know, he lost a leg in a raccoon attack and his remaining leg has tendon entrapment, which leaves him with no range of motion in his leg.
20181215_084208.jpg 20181215_084133.jpg 20181215_084139.jpg 20181215_084144.jpg 20181215_084151.jpg 20181215_084204.jpg

AbnormalAvian

Meeting neighbors
@AbnormalAvian This set up looks awesome! You really make the most of that nice height of the cage! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get that wooden perch in the upper right hand corner that seems to stretch up and across? It kind of looks like grapewood maybe? I would love to get my hands on a perch like that one!

Thanks! I got that perch at a nearby bird store where I bought my bird. It's called Adventures in Birds. I don't really know what wood it's made from, but Jedi seems to really like it.

And he uses every inch of that cage! He has a few toys on the bottom that he likes to throw around, and I'm working on getting things into the middle portion. I'm letting his primary feathers grow out, so I'm hoping he'll use some of that room to fly a little.

AbnormalAvian

Meeting neighbors
Okay, here’s my cage setup for my little guys! Great setups so far, everyone. Makes my setup look like nothing. LOL. :o:

View attachment 288014
There are several smaller toys that are harder to see. There are several at the bottom of the cage, too. My birds prefer flying around than playing with toys, so I made sure to give plenty of toys while giving plenty of space for flying and hopping from perch to perch. There are actually about 16 toys in there at the moment (two of those sixteen are store-bought, the rest are homemade). A large majority of them are smaller so don’t take up much room. MY favorite one is the one on the bottom left by the lowest natural wood perch. It has sola wood chips and wooden beads, slid on to metal wire and attached to the cage. But, of course, the birds haven’t even laid a beak on that toy yet. :rolleyes: Oh well, maybe one day.

The Budgie boys have that triangular seagrass mat sleeping hut at the top. I was always worried about those fabric ‘snuggly-hut’ things or whatever they’re called, because I heard horrible stories. But I wanted to give the birds a nice, comfy place to perch at night. So I made that. :) No fabric or strings involved. I used zip ties to attach it to the cage. I just put a homemade cardboard foraging box in there on the hut if they want to play with it.

The cage setup is still a little bit of a work-in-progress. I have plenty of materials from California Bird Nerds left, so I’ll be making and adding things as I come up with ideas. I’m also working on a play area over and on the top of the cage.

I love your setup! It's nice to see budgies with large cages, as they're often put into ones way too small for them.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Finally found a set up that works for Charlie! :D Still have to get him more toys and build him his playstand, I can't wait! :heart: I also hope to be able to get a bigger cage from King's one day, theyre so expensive new but they're soooo well made, practical, sturdy and pretty too! :xflove:

12A5AD82-1CE6-4526-867E-502B200B44CB.jpeg D6BA74B5-66DC-4B86-841C-77EFDE0516AA.jpeg DBFD2993-5FC2-4FBF-BD69-6A3577EB07A2.jpeg 4256253A-5C9C-458D-8D3B-FEB8AB7CE4CB.jpeg B47BFBD4-B61F-4B49-ACA8-72E5B94CE872.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@sparklepupp What is that on your windowsill? Looks like a hyacinth, which are toxic to birds

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks, I´ll look and see if I can get something like that. Adelie might like it :)