• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Possible New Lil Monster

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Well after thinking Ripley can't fly, she proved me wrong and ended up on the floor and then beeped at me until I rescued her. This was the first time we trusted each other with a step up so we were both nervous. Then she made herself at home...

View attachment 283535

Was there about 5 minutes before she decided to go to the couch lol.

One thing the close distance showed was she definitely has something respiratory going on :( Raspy breath right after her labored flight. She had no lift and flew like she's clipped. Once she regained her breath the raspy sound went away.
Glad you have a vet appt scheduled. I’ve fostered birds that were in tiny cages and never got out and every time I’ve needed an antibiotic and time for them to recondition their muscles and respiratory system to be able to handle much flying. As I said before, she looks at home.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Glad you have a vet appt scheduled. I’ve fostered birds that were in tiny cages and never got out and every time I’ve needed an antibiotic and time for them to recondition their muscles and respiratory system to be able to handle much flying. As I said before, she looks at home.

Yeah she needs a beak trim too. I think we were home 20 mins before I had the vet on the phone! Taking a rat, a bird, and a 3 year old kid on the 1.5 hour car ride Monday LOL. Luckily my sister is coming to help

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Yeah she needs a beak trim too. I think we were home 20 mins before I had the vet on the phone! Taking a rat, a bird, and a 3 year old kid on the 1.5 hour car ride Monday LOL. Luckily my sister is coming to help
Oh my. That should be an interesting trip! I hope all checks out well!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's gorgeous and sounds like a sweetie! Good luck at the vet - and with the drive!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
When I lost Nerd after 31 years growing up together I was devastated and didn't know and couldn't afford another bird even if I wanted to. My lil sister knew better and found me Lurch on KiGi just before Xmas 2009. Family kicked in the money and I met him and took him home Christmas eve 09. I didn't know it but we needed each other and with much biting and time we became buds. He was clipped when I got him and when his flights grew back he started doing panic escape flights and would circle till he ran out of steam and then he'd pant and rest and sleep for a hour afterwards. He was totally out of shape and not used to flying. 5 years later he loved me and zipped around the house like a fighter jet. She already likes you so now it's time to let her slowly get her strength and stamina back and I bet in time she'll be the same. Hope her checkup goes well and then it's up to her to get a workout if she's physically OK. :highfive::xflove:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Eyeballing breakfast - Volkman 15 minute Soak and Serve, Sprout People Mid bird mix, and Harrison's bird bread. I've never seen a bird have zero interest in bread before, but the sprouts at least caught her eye

IMG_20180811_114646_924.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I've never seen a bird have zero interest in bread before,
She's never seen it before...it'll probably take time for her to realize that it's something to eat, rather than something that might eat her...;)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Make a big deal of pretending to eat it and make yummy sounds, maybe it will intrigue her and give her the idea if she can't see your other birds happily eating it. Lurch was ornery so I'd tease him with whatever new food and he'd get mad and bite it. Then shortly after you'd see him working his beak like hey, that was good, then he'd nicely start asking for more. Nerd would see us eating things till he couldn't stand it any longer and he'd try it. Dobby eats anything that will go in his beak...:facepalm:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Cage is great, awesome size and all the toys she can have! Beautiful bird, for sure!

It may take a few days of seeing and trying before you know her likes and dislikes. Very promising she's looking lol

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Oh wow, she's real pretty! :jawdrop1: Sorry to hear that she's I'll, though. I hope it's nothing too serious.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:fairy2:

Beak looks ok...been worried about Pennys beak as it looks long but vet did not mention it & that was 6 weeks ago...could not have grown that much???

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
:fairy2:

Beak looks ok...been worried about Pennys beak as it looks long but vet did not mention it & that was 6 weeks ago...could not have grown that much???

It's overgrown and slightly scissored, so definitely needs some help.

I'm a slave now... I've been forced into scritches and kisses for 20+ mins now

Officially a slave.

20180811_162946_1024x1365.jpg

20180811_162958_1024x1365.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
She is very sweet. I think you need to remove the word "possible" from the title of this thread. :) ;)

Yeah I think you're right lol

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She is definitely not going anywhere. You have been tamed.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
She's fearful of toys, even skewer fillers. I think she assumed this was an almond but I'll take it!

IMG_20180811_172656_584.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just didn't want to set my expectations too high and be disappointed I think. Ripley decided to heck with that nonsense :lol: