• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Possible New Lil Monster

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I really do like her so far and am hopeful that she works out :)

Bobber wasn't truly happy here, and stressed out my whole family, and I let guilt over rehoming Bobber keep him possibly from a better home. He died in part because of my reluctance. I want her to stay, but if it's not a good fit for whatever reason, I am a stronger person now that can be okay with being a stepping stone vs the end all.
It WILL work out! You just have to get that Vet visit over with and then love on her! The end. :jardine: If you need any samples (food) (treats) let me know I can round some up!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It WILL work out! You just have to get that Vet visit over with and then love on her! The end. :jardine: If you need any samples (food) (treats) let me know I can round some up!

Thank you :) Just a few days! I have no idea currently what she is going to want to eat lol. Do you have any samples of Harrison's High Potency coarse or Power Treats by any chance? Totally okay if you don't :) Regardles, I need a loaf of Momma's Harvest Loaf to get some vitamin A in this girl!!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You old softy!!! :hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I really do like her so far and am hopeful that she works out :)

Bobber wasn't truly happy here, and stressed out my whole family, and I let guilt over rehoming Bobber keep him possibly from a better home. He died in part because of my reluctance. I want her to stay, but if it's not a good fit for whatever reason, I am a stronger person now that can be okay with being a stepping stone vs the end all.

You are stronger. Also wiser and that much more experienced. :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most of the time the lady says "my husband will kill me if i bring home another bird". Your spouse is a great guy!

The first part of the conversation did not seem like it was going my way :lol: But I felt the need to fight for this one and I won. :p He usually has very good reasons (we do have a handful of animals already!) but this time I was being led by the heart and you can't argue logic with that. He really is a great guy though! I am very lucky to have him to share my life with! :heart:

You old softy!!! :hug8:

I saw this just now and I think it sums it up perfectly :heart:

I got too much love to give and can't keep it tied up in the past.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

You are stronger. Also wiser and that much more experienced. :)

If I don't rebuild myself every time something knocks me down and figure out my weakness, I will just keep tumbling down ;)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie

If I don't rebuild myself every time something knocks me down and figure out my weakness, I will just keep tumbling down ;)
You got that right! I can't see a better way than with the help of a little birdie to dote on. :heart:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
The first part of the conversation did not seem like it was going my way :lol: But I felt the need to fight for this one and I won. :p He usually has very good reasons (we do have a handful of animals already!) but this time I was being led by the heart and you can't argue logic with that. He really is a great guy though! I am very lucky to have him to share my life with! :heart:

I saw this just now and I think it sums it up perfectly :heart:

I got too much love to give and can't keep it tied up in the past.

Well, that certainly made me tear up. It's so beautiful - and so true.

I am so immensely happy for you, Shawna. This sweet little being needed you and your love. I think it was meant to be. :heart:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
She does the cutest little whistles and squeaks you guys lol.

And she purrs!

I don;t think I've heard a bird sound out of her yet LOL
You're melting...pretty soon you'll be a puddle of love...

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Shawna...not much more I can add here..but I also am so happy for you. And your son...how sweet - he knows you needed another "Gizmo" :)
And all of us here know that our hearts will be broken again but only because we have so much love to give. Congrats - :hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
And all of us here know that our hearts will be broken again but only because we have so much love to give. Congrats - :hug8:
That pretty well says it all...:heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
IMG_20180810_111751_031.jpg
She was offering her foot but kept giving me crazy eyes when i tried to give her my hand lol.

Finally got her out...she wanted out badly but is having issues navigating the cage
20180810_110757.jpg

Yesterday she only ate sunflower seeds and safflower seeds. Today she ate some quinoa and carrot! So she isn't a total lost cause :lol:

I don't think she can fly. Or doesn't know how. She had a lot of problems going from playstand to cage so I had to give her a bridge. She acts like she needs permission to go anywhere

20180810_112207.jpg

She keeps whistling at the neighbors dog and then dancing when she gets confused :lol:
20180810_123354.jpg