• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poll : is your bird/birds hormonal right now? (And some community support if you need it. Lol)

Is you bird hormonal right now?

• Total voters

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The day I went to pick up Taco and bring him home, one of the things his old owners told me, that really stuck with me, was that he so hated them that he would reach through the bars as far as he could with his feet to grab at them and try to bite them.
So when I brought him home and his honeymoon-state self was sweet and gentle as pie, I thought to myself, "wow, they really must have been nasty to him for him to want to bite them that badly".

No.

He was just being a hormonal dickbag.

And now I'm the poor fool he's grabbing at.

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Emery is officially in hormone mode. She has been screaming a lot lately and is extra clingy. She also keeps trying to tuck herself under my sweater. Oh, and did I mention she bites? She's very nippy and less patient with me than usual. She likes to tell me she's upset with a bite, when she normally never bites. Is hormone season over yet? :scared5:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think my little girl is getting some spring fever. Gigi is getting even more protective of her cage and play gym.
1 1/2 ounces of terror. Ooh, I'm scared. No, I really am.

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
She's still screaming hours later. :sad14: Just trying to hang in there until her bedtime. I tried everything from toys to giving her a bath, a healthy dinner, lots of attention, treats, and she still won't stop for more than a few minutes and goes right back to screaming.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
She's still screaming hours later. :sad14: Just trying to hang in there until her bedtime. I tried everything from toys to giving her a bath, a healthy dinner, lots of attention, treats, and she still won't stop for more than a few minutes and goes right back to screaming.
Hang in there , hope it gets better soon.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

I think I´d rather have flirting over an egg and an aggressive hen :(
Honestly that's the sort of behaviour I'm dreading. Thus far this spring, Kamara has been my only mature bird who isn't being a hormonal beast, and her sudden interest in me is making me anxious about her getting frustrated with me for being an unsuitable "mate" and becoming aggressive like my boys. She's also the only adult female I've ever had so the potential for eggs is also very worrying.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Dora has been bowing and talking to me and I've been replying. Little did I know he was courting. He tried to "get it on" with my hands today.
I've encouraged it so much to the point of him courting me every time I walk by and talk to him. Scratching his head does turn him off and get him to sleep, but, I don't want him to associate breeding with scratches.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My wife is really hormonal at the moment. She yells at me every chance she gets and... oh sorry, you mean fids? Nah Pilo is rarely a prob! :fairy:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My wife is really hormonal at the moment. She yells at me every chance she gets and... oh sorry, you mean fids? Nah Pilo is rarely a prob! :fairy:
:lol:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My wife is really hormonal at the moment. She yells at me every chance she gets and... oh sorry, you mean fids?
I wonder what she does if she see those words?
:whip2::mariesshed:
I hope you will survive this, if not, it was nice knowing you. :meet:
:lol:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I used to be a lot of fun but the hormones made me bat scthit crazy.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Left my stuff for one minute, I think I can say hormones are Raging over here:lol:
94FF8955-F2D0-4F19-B81B-6A6EC10A4521.jpeg
That, and the fact that I keep losing them because they have found a way from the back into my closet:wideyed: It has a kind of open back with a void, they love that spot:rolleyes:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Seriously considering medical intervention for my psychopath mac. His hormones are only getting more intense and his aggression more violent, and I can't interact with him at all anymore. He wants me dead, he wants Réy dead, he wants every inanimate object he comes in contact with dead, and he wants himself dead. He has ZERO CHILL and eventually there will be bloodshed.
Been there, done that with Henry. Ugly, nasty, dangerous. Chilled pretty much for the last two years and I'm seeing subtle hints of distance and more lean to threats. He went from sitting on his perch as I walked over to his cage to open the door this morning to climbing up on the bars in full display with amazon googly kill ya eyes. I did NOT open his door. I always do but not today. I let him chill all day in his cage. He was much calmer in the late afternoon.

Jobot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jo
Here hormones are in full swing. Flynn tore out all his feathers again, keeps trying to feed me when he sits on my shoulder for more than a few minutes, and he's ragingly jealous of my chapstick. He bit me on the lip today, he was so mad I was using it. This bird becomes a hormonal hellbeast at the slightest provocation.

But surely I can't be the only person whose bird is like this multiple times a year, right?