• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poll : is your bird/birds hormonal right now? (And some community support if you need it. Lol)

Is you bird hormonal right now?

• Total voters

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Just curious who else's bird is going through this right now? Please vote yes or no.

I spoke too soon when I mentioned in another thread that even though Blu is hormonal again, I thought he was being pretty manageable. But actually it's been really hard. He is possessed and honestly a little hard to live with.

Every time he acts like this I always question whether or not he'll ever be sweet again and it always does eventually get better. But boy, oh boy, it's a hard thing to go through. Probably for both of us. :( I'm sure we'll get through it but in the meantime I guess it helps to hear others are dealing with the same

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thankfully, Java isn't but he's been a lot more vocal lately, so I'm expecting his beak to change at any moment and the hormones to kick in. He may already be in season but the meds have him mildly sedated.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Sydney, my rescued CAG, is always in the mood, as is my ekki. These two out of my 13 are always hormonal. The rest are either too young still or aren't bothered by hormones.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Taco's hormones are finally here in full force, and it's a good thing I'm not afraid of being bitten because hooo nelly, is he ever being a snarky beast.

He's still a big baby, but his sweet moments are, at the moment, far outnumbered by his tantrums. I still haven't been struck by him, because I can (blessedly) read that boy like a book, but it's definitely not for lack of trying on his part. Nutcase.

He's channelling his ancestors.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
My fids are still hormonal lol! Have been at it since summer last year.. but well, other then an insane amount of feeding Each other and mastrubating, no ill effects for me:) Very glad about that, Henkie used to be over bonded to me and could give me a run for my money! Now they have Each other, they are ‘angels’, aka they behave as good as it is gonna get I think:D I think part of why their hormonal stage is so long, is because this is Fëanor’s first real hormone season and Henkie’s first hormone season with a sexual mate. They are finally calming down a bit and starting to play more and Henkie has been coming for cuddle time again:heart:
Xena is not hormonal at all as far as I can tell, the ducks are not at it yet either.
I wish all those with hormonal birdies an easy hormone season!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Not yet. It's still -30c.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Uchtred and Jellybean have been sassier than usual but nothing crazy. Papaya I have never (knock on wood) had hormone issues with. Lennerd... I can never tell with Lennerd he is always a raging jerkface. Screenshot_2019-01-11-16-09-02-1.png

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia is starting to make sexy Pi noises. Last spring was rough on her and she ended up hormonally plucking. I really hope this year is easier.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes Ripley is always trying to put the moves on me and we've had a few arguments about him getting nesty and lunging at people as they walk by. I had to rearrange his area a bit so he can still do what he wants but keep Nikolai out of bite range.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Joey has been doing his goofy stalking thing.

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Kai is ready to kill his least favorite humans for the past two weeks. He’s been screamie and intense. To make matters worse our AC is out so we have to keep the windows open. The neighbors are getting an earful. Between screams and intense screeching he does this smoke alarm battery noise REPEATEDLY for hours to the point I think a neighbor is going to knock on my door and Hand me a pack of 9 volt batteries :chillout:

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Dora is ready to Lunge at, scream at, and bite anyone who happens to want to touch the light switch or the a/c switch (except for me :p).

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Niko finished laying seven eggs a little over a week ago, but things seemed to have mellowed out now. I hope it stays that way, she also had eggs last July. My other two girls are acting normally thank goodness. I don’t want them getting any ideas!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Rupert gets noticeably nippy (he also likes to chew on flesh more so during this time) and often tries to regurgitate on me. I can usually ignore him or tell him if he's going to be naughty, he can't spend time on me. He burns off extra energy with flight sessions or roughhousing with his jingly balls.

Sherbie, on the other hand, there's little we can do for her. She'll scream all day (normally she only screams when she needs something) but no one in the house is willing to provide the kind of services she wants. :arrested: She nailed me on the arm the other day and left a painful little welt. She's like a ping pong ball with a beak. :blink: