• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lucy attacked Angel

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hey tricia.
Can we get pics of angel? Gotta see that sweety again!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Sure! He's in bed now but I'll take some tomorrow. He's all over the place now. I'm so happy he's recovering like a champ! He sat on the window sill while I was gardening today. What a hoot! He kept yelling out the window at me. I can't wait until I can put his harness on again and have him outside with me!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
He sat on the window sill watching me garden the whole time I was out there! After all, someone has to supervise!
Watching you plant this coming winter's food!
Making sure your growing everything.
And I have to say, wow, nice bird room. I'm in awe!! Very creative.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thanks Michael! I just wish it was bigger. It's only 11' x 11' but my mom moved in with me so she has the much bigger extra bedroom. The boys never have their cage doors shut so they do have plenty of room to play and roam around in. I used to have a big live willow tree in their old room, but it's too big to fit in this room. Lucy loved to chomp up those !eaves! I think at one point she'd taken a bite out every leaf!
Angel likes the boing. This was the first time he's been on it since his accident! I'm sure he missed it. I got an email from a friend in the Motor City breeders club today. She said Angel is at least 20 years old. I couldn't believe it. She said he's the same bird whose first owner trained him to talk and do all his tricks so he could take Angel into bars and "perform" so the old man could get free drinks! Then when he passed away his grandson got Angel. That's when he was allowed to drink booze and have pot smoke blown in his face. The grandson posted pics online of this and the SPCA stepped in and confiscated him. That's when I adopted Angel. It's sounds crazy but the grandson story is exactly what I was told when I went to pick Angel up the night he was confiscated. I'm going to talk to our vet about it next time we see her. Maybe she can determine if Angel really is that much older than I was told.

I always figured Angel was trick trained. Birds generally don't do the things he does on their own, not to mention him making appropriate comments between tricks. That's another reason I think Angel probably is the same bird named Angel that went bar hopping for free drinks!