• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lucy attacked Angel

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you so much! It's been a rough time for us for sure. Angel is doing pretty well now. Once we get the ok to ditch this come he will be much happier. He actually has climbed around a bit a couple different times in the last 24 hours which both frightened and delighted me at the same time!
When one of my fabies has a foot injury or lost part of a toe they'll just start using their beaks more when climbing. I've found the fids adapt better to an injury than we humans do.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
When one of my fabies has a foot injury or lost part of a toe they'll just start using their beaks more when climbing. I've found the fids adapt better to an injury than we humans do.
Ah! That makes total sense! He's very chipper this morning, calling loudly for breakfast with the rest of the crew. I've been reorganizing everything to make it easier for him to climb around.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Angel went to the vet today to get his stitches out and a checkup. He's healing wonderfully! No signs of infection anywhere!

I'm to start doing foot reflex exercises with him so he doesn't stiffen up and in time should have a better range of movement. He can balance on a thick perch pretty well, but he's avoiding any that are too thin. Am going to pad and vet wrap them so he can get around easier and be comfortable.

Under his wing is still very tender. He does NOT like anyone going near it. The skin is so thin looking right now. But he can still fly...got from the scale to my shoulder like a champ!

And best of all, No More Cone!!!!

We want to thank every one of our AA family members for all the help, advice, and support. It has truly meant the world to us. Blessings to each of you!!!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Angel went to the vet today to get his stitches out and a checkup. He's healing wonderfully! No signs of infection anywhere!

I'm to start doing foot reflex exercises with him so he doesn't stiffen up and in time should have a better range of movement. He can balance on a thick perch pretty well, but he's avoiding any that are too thin. Am going to pad and vet wrap them so he can get around easier and be comfortable.

Under his wing is still very tender. He does NOT like anyone going near it. The skin is so thin looking right now. But he can still fly...got from the scale to my shoulder like a champ!

And best of all, No More Cone!!!!

We want to thank every one of our AA family members for all the help, advice, and support. It has truly meant the world to us. Blessings to each of you!!!
:yah: How absolutely wonderful!! I'm SO happy!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Super happy that Angel has his stitches out. And no more ' cone of love' and that makes a happy birdie. When we were working with macaw at clinic on range of motion exercises, for his balled foot. Dr Tony had us warm up our hands before we started. His theory was warm hands help the bird relax their muscles. I would wash dishes first, then help out. He would let you know when it felt good with a macaw purrrrr. He was such a sweetie, a rescue that went to loving caring home, after weeks of PT.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Super happy that Angel has his stitches out. And no more ' cone of love' and that makes a happy birdie. When we were working with macaw at clinic on range of motion exercises, for his balled foot. Dr Tony had us warm up our hands before we started. His theory was warm hands help the bird relax their muscles. I would wash dishes first, then help out. He would let you know when it felt good with a macaw purrrrr. He was such a sweetie, a rescue that went to loving caring home, after weeks of PT.
Excellent idea Laurie! No one wants cold hands on them!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Great update!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's wonderful news Tricia. Your vets must have done a yeoman's job on his surgery and, of course, you are no slouch as a nurse.
You can relax a little now and Angel can too.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That's wonderful news Tricia. Your vets must have done a yeoman's job on his surgery and, of course, you are no slouch as a nurse.
You can relax a little now and Angel can too.
Thanks Mary Lynne! You don't even realize the major weight you're carrying until it's lifted!

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What great news! I bet he will look forward to his PT sessions with you!:xflove:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
We want to thank every one of our AA family members for all the help, advice, and support.
And I want to thank you for sharing all this and doing everything right so he could heal as good as he have. ♥
I feel a special kind of love to people that loves their parrots and always let them comes first.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best