• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lucy attacked Angel

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
And I want to thank you for sharing all this and doing everything right so he could heal as good as he have. ♥
I feel a special kind of love to people that loves their parrots and always let them comes first.
That is so sweet!!! If I have one important take-a-way from all this it's Set up an an Emergency Medical fund! When the vet told me what needed to be done and how much it would all cost it would have killed me to say I couldn't afford it. But the relief in my heart to just say Do It is something I will never forget.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is so sweet!!! If I have one important take-a-way from all this it's Set up an an Emergency Medical fund! When the vet told me what needed to be done and how much it would all cost it would have killed me to say I couldn't afford it. But the relief in my heart to just say Do It is something I will never forget.
My emergency fund has saved my babies SO many times. Especially Taco and Kamara; those two love to give me scares. The ability to just say yes to any and every procedure and treatment is the best feeling in the world when my kids are hurt. :xflove:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
My emergency fund has saved my babies SO many times. Especially Taco and Kamara; those two love to give me scares. The ability to just say yes to any and every procedure and treatment is the best feeling in the world when my kids are hurt. :xflove:
Exactly! I know precisely what you mean!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Such good news to hear! You are one awesome birdie Momma! More hugs for healing! :hug8:
Thanks Claire! I'm just so very thankful Angel is recovering nicely and is still here with me. He needs to have his face washed and get a good bath but he's not into baths, sprays, wipes, etc. But I've been making him do so many things lately that he doesn't like so I'm just going to let him be happy for a while!

Last edited:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Just got back from the clinic. Angels stump was all swollen and stitches were pulled tight and starting to ooze. They gave him a shot and fixed him all up again. When I went to give him the 6pm Gabapentin dose it looked much fatter than his other one. When I touched it, it felt very warm too. So I got him back in the carrier and off we went. At least this time I was able to go to their Rochester clinic 5 minutes from my house instead of their Novi clinic an hour away. I've been extremely diligent about cleaning the areas, swabbing the sulpha cream on, and giving him the oral meds around the clock. The vet said it's not infected but he's trying to use it like he always has and that is causing it to become inflamed and swell. They upped his anti-inflammatory to help get it under control too. So we're back on track again folks. My nerves are shot...
EkkieLu, am I reading this right that you're in Metro Detroit?! I'm in Fowlerville! Please never hesitate to reach out for help!! I'm of course a newbie at all of this, but having an extra set of hands can be invaluable!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thank you so much Chelsea! I live in Shelby Twp! I really appreciate that and feel free to do the same!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Thank you so much Chelsea! I live in Shelby Twp! I really appreciate that and feel free to do the same!
I've spent my morning reading this whole thread..What an ordeal! Sounds like you're all on the road to recovery. We has a cat lose a leg years ago, and while he used to fall often and get frustrated, he's so good now that I often forget that he's differently abled than his kitty siblings. Animals are incredible! We're all here for you, please keep us updated on Angel! ❤❤

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I've spent my morning reading this whole thread..What an ordeal! Sounds like you're all on the road to recovery. We has a cat lose a leg years ago, and while he used to fall often and get frustrated, he's so good now that I often forget that he's differently abled than his kitty siblings. Animals are incredible! We're all here for you, please keep us updated on Angel! ❤❤
I certainly will! Angel is showing progress every day and I'm so proud of him. Last night he even pulled his favorite bedtime stunt. Angel is almost back to his old self! I gave them all their bed snacks and Angel always sits on my shoulder while I do this. I make sure each baby gets a little special attention and i hand feed them goodies. I went to put Angel back on his cage for the night and he did his act where he pretends to fall off the cage and I have to catch him, he rolls over on his back to get his chin scratched, and then I have to literally lay him on his cage to go to sleep. It's hysterical to watch! I was laughing, Angel was laughing, and it took me over half an hour to put him to bed tonight! I was so happy that he is up to playing like this again!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I certainly will! Angel is showing progress every day and I'm so proud of him. Last night he even pulled his favorite bedtime stunt. Angel is almost back to his old self! I gave them all their bed snacks and Angel always sits on my shoulder while I do this. I make sure each baby gets a little special attention and i hand feed them goodies. I went to put Angel back on his cage for the night and he did his act where he pretends to fall off the cage and I have to catch him, he rolls over on his back to get his chin scratched, and then I have to literally lay him on his cage to go to sleep. It's hysterical to watch! I was laughing, Angel was laughing, and it took me over half an hour to put him to bed tonight! I was so happy that he is up to playing like this again!!!
Wonderful news! :)

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Great news!!! I'm sure he's happy to be rid of the cone!

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That is so cute! How wonderful it must have been to hear him laugh and see him be so playful! :heart:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That is so cute! How wonderful it must have been to hear him laugh and see him be so playful! :heart:
I missed his crazy antics so much! I was working in the garden today pulling weeds and trimming things up a bit. Angel was yelling at me out the window Hurry Up! Come on, Hurry Up! I was laughing my head off at him!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so, so happy for both of you! What a joyous relief that he's doing so well! You're an amazing parront and birdie nurse. :heart2:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thanks! Angel still needs a bath really badly as his feathers are all stained. So I got an indoor bird fountain! I hope they like it. I'm going to set it up for them tomorrow and see what happens. Double take uses this for his babies and they love it!

20190520_202947.jpg

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I tried that one (and some others) for my finches. They just poop in it too much, it had to be cleaned every day filter and all. Hopefully yours will work out!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Angel hates baths! I was hoping he'd see the others enjoying it and give it a try. The vets cleaned him up a bit, but he still has rusty colored smudges all over the place.

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
:) Goodluck with your smooth recovery, Angel!