• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of good clearance on Drs. Foster & Smith!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Was going to post and you beat me to it so thanks for posting. Probably going to purchase a few more items.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I missed out on all the fun the last time with all those amazing prices!! Thank you for the code, I picked up a few items with it :dance4:
Supreme cotton tail preening toy, Groovy blocks 12 pack, Spiddy medium, Fiesta handbag! Thanks for the code!!!
Nothing much left. So you won't be surprised, the picture of the Spiddy is not the medium but the extra large one. I have the XL one. If you get the one pictured then that's a great purchase because that sells for about $40-50. Zoo-Max bird products manufacturer. Search

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Nothing much left. So you won't be surprised, the picture of the Spiddy is not the medium but the extra large one. I have the XL one. If you get the one pictured then that's a great purchase because that sells for about $40-50. Zoo-Max bird products manufacturer. Search
Whoa look at all those Spiddy's :laugh: will let you know if i get a teeny tiny Spiddy or a humongous one :hehe:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whoa look at all those Spiddy's :laugh: will let you know if i get a teeny tiny Spiddy or a humongous one :hehe:
I almost ordered one based on the photo but then I saw the size. That wouldn't last long at all here unless I gave it to one of the 'tiels. Still a good price compared to the MSRP.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I almost ordered one based on the photo but then I saw the size. That wouldn't last long at all here unless I gave it to one of the 'tiels. Still a good price compared to the MSRP.
It's for Sunny, he would like either size....though now I hope it's the XL :p

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I keep debating buying something but the only thing I am going to need in the next month or two is Nature's Miracle cleaner and Oxbow rat food (which is not eligible for additional discounts)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I want to purchase some Lafeber products but none of them are eligible for promotional discounts. It's strange that can't get discounts on Drs. Foster & Smith but can get them at other places such as Petco and mybirdstore.com. The one advantage with Foster & Smith is the minimum for free shipping as compared to the minimum at mybirdstore. Last time I ordered Avicakes from Petco online they were very soft and mushy and I had to go to 2 different stores to find a package with a decent expiration date so I could exchange them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I want to purchase some Lafeber products but none of them are eligible for promotional discounts. It's strange that can't get discounts on Drs. Foster & Smith but can get them at other places such as Petco and mybirdstore.com. The one advantage with Foster & Smith is the minimum for free shipping as compared to the minimum at mybirdstore. Last time I ordered Avicakes from Petco online they were very soft and mushy and I had to go to 2 different stores to find a package with a decent expiration date so I could exchange them.

Technically they aren't supposed to be giving them on Lafeber either, but I don't know how well that is regulated.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Technically they aren't supposed to be giving them on Lafeber either, but I don't know how well that is regulated.

Yes but they have been doing it and it's helpful. Lafeber didn't use to have that set pricing.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
So its 12Am 7/25...is it over?

Have gloves in the cart but don' realy need more & nutriberries but no discount on those..
So its 40 cents off on each pair of gloves so I won;t die but they are so cheap for full length nice strong gloves!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Any store, company can sell any product for whatever they want since wholesale to distributor is one cost.

When I look at other pricing around the web, I am in line at and many times below FS and many others.

I cringe when I see Amazon pricing of $24.99 for Hagan Tropimix parrot 4lb when pricing on that shouldn't be more then $16 to $18! I never shop on Amazon, can't stand the pricing fluctuations and having to shop around. One not knowing the source, the freshness etc.

Nutriberry pricing should be $7.99 on most 10 oz. The Senior cost more.

Proud that I am not a rip off store, that I can price great products at a fair price. I too am and was a cost conscious Consumer.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
here was the statement from lafeber may 2017

Hello everyone ! We have an important announcement to make regarding the pricing of Nutri-Berries in the US. This is a very recent change, and we value your loyalty as customers so we want to explain exactly what prompted the change in price.

No one likes higher prices, and we would keep them low if it was possible to also provide your feathered family with the highest quality ingredients. We would like to emphasize we are not earning more in profits, which is explained in detail below by our president, Dr. Lafeber. This is an excerpt from an email sent to an inquiring customer that Dr. Lafeber felt would be best to also be shared with you:

Dear Facebook community,

Thank you for your business and for supporting us to continue creating premium food for your feathered companions. As a bird owner myself, I understand wanting to provide high quality food to our bird family members.

We have changed the price of Nutri-Berries so we could continue to make the high-quality food that our beloved feathered friends need.

For the last couple of years, online businesses continued to drop the pricing until the pricing was not sustainable. Many pet stores, including online ones, had stopped carrying Nutri-Berries. Being a small family company, this was difficult for us. Finally, the pricing became so low that our remaining customers were demanding large discounts from us or they too would drop our line.

We found this year 3-lb bags selling as low as $19 to $21 online. The $19-$21 online price was not sustainable because distributors sell 3-lb bags to the pet stores for $18-$20.

There was no way to continue making the high-quality Nutri-Berries and give any additional discounts. So a decision had to be made: either we make Nutri-Berries with low-quality, nonhuman-grade ingredients, or we limit the discount price on our food. We could not maintain our integrity or provide your birds with a healthy diet if we made a low-quality food. The decision was made to limit the discount level and continue making healthy bird food with the best ingredients possible.

We are not making more profits from the distributors or the pet stores, because we did not increase our prices to them. In fact, the new prices will most likely decrease our current sales and profit because good customers will be upset and feel that we have become greedy, which is not the case.

The decision to opt for minimum pricing was not done lightly. No one likes higher prices, and I knew that some people who previously bought deeply discounted product would be shocked. This pricing change was done solely to keep us in business so we could deliver the high-quality product that our customers expect and their birds deserve.

The health of your birds and of all pet birds is our primary focus. I hope you will continue to feed your birds Nutri-Berries. If not, I respect that, but I hope you will choose some other high-quality formulated food for your birds. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I wish all the best for your beloved feathered companions!

Dr. Ted Lafeber
President, Lafeber Company

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
A minimum price is legal

Manufacturer-imposed Requirements | Federal Trade Commission

Minimum Retail Price is Vertical and is Not an Agreement among Competitors
Minimum RPM is a vertical price restriction imposed by an upstream manufacturer on downstream distributors, dealers, or retailers (henceforth, all will be referred to as “retailers”). Typically, a manufacturer specifies a minimum price above which its retailers must sell its product(s). The manufacturer monitors the retailers or employs a monitoring agent[7] to ensure their performance. If retailers are discovered pricing below the specified minimum price, they are terminated or threatened with termination.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I was saying one too many times you see crazy pricing on things.

I agree with set pricing! BOSE dies this with all retailing dealers.

Yes, the 2.7 and 3lb tubs wholesale are in the $18 to $23 area. There isn't much markup. Think of the operating costs for stores being brick and morter?

Just sad to see low ball pricing and price markups that are almost 3x the cost.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I was saying one too many times you see crazy pricing on things.

I agree with set pricing! BOSE dies this with all retailing dealers.

Yes, the 2.7 and 3lb tubs wholesale are in the $18 to $23 area. There isn't much markup. Think of the operating costs for stores being brick and morter?

Just sad to see low ball pricing and price markups that are almost 3x the cost.

Sorry I meant more about why I say places like drs aren't discounting them anymore. Not sure why others are or are able to! Low balling hurts eeveryone and artificial inflation is just a jerk move!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So its 12Am 7/25...is it over?

Have gloves in the cart but don' realy need more & nutriberries but no discount on those..
So its 40 cents off on each pair of gloves so I won;t die but they are so cheap for full length nice strong gloves!

No the code expires tonight

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Sorry, I meant does!

I am totally here for you guys. I am not a giant retailer, just a parrot owner wanting to have fun!!

As I said before, if someone needs anything in bulk pricing, wants to ship flat rate, I am willing to do what it takes to help my fellow bird lovers.

I am working on A&E as far as adding cages. Kings is up next. I love their carriers. As for one more distributor in mind for sure. I can and will take special orders to add the little critter supplies. Hopefully, I will be able to bring in on another site some of the best dog products grooming supplies to supplements and carry a few of the raw dehydrated foods I use and believe in.

Bottom line supporting rescue from birds to dogs and anything in between.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
ooohhh...I guess 7 is enough gloves...Not like I need them up to my arm pits all the time but great if you are spraying in the garden to protect the arm from chemical.
I already have over a dozen Mapa nitrile stocked away...I used to clean apts so gloves were important...actually those armpit ones would be great for reaching into oven...LOL...Don't clean my oven caustically anymore as I have birds! Heck a little oil in the oven is just seasoniing@!!! :rofl:

Tempted by the Senior Nuriberries..no discount but has the herbs but willPenny eat it????