• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of good clearance on Drs. Foster & Smith!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
ooohhh...I guess 7 is enough gloves...Not like I need them up to my arm pits all the time but great if you are spraying in the garden to protect the arm from chemical.
I already have over a dozen Mapa nitrile stocked away...I used to clean apts so gloves were important...actually those armpit ones would be great for reaching into oven...LOL...Don't clean my oven caustically anymore as I have birds! Heck a little oil in the oven is just seasoniing@!!! :rofl:

Tempted by the Senior Nuriberries..no discount but has the herbs but willPenny eat it????

@Love My Zons / Kazoo Bird has the Senior Nutriberries and is running a 20% off sale ;)

Welcome to Kazoo Bird and Company - Our products are Fid tested and Mother approved!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I ordered some clearance items for my cat yesterday and received the shipping confirmation today. I guess they have recovered from the AA rampage a couple of weeks back :roflmao:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

I would like support our great AA Vendors but I do have to watch my budget...
I'll check it but generally even with 20 % off the shipping kills it as FS is free... So I'm doubting I can get a bag at $8.99 shipped free...just economics & I do need to budget. For $19 I can get the nutriberries & 4 pair of gloves shipped free (it would be$23 with shipping for 1 bag of NB if I buy at DFS its like getting 5 pairs gloves for free if I had to pay the $14 shipping for the $9 bag of NB...Maybe if I had a larger order it would spread the shipping out but I don;t need much now as I've already soent alot...

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

I'll check it but generally even with 20 % off the shipping kills it as FS is free... So I'm doubting I can get a bag at $8.99 shipped free...just economics & I do need to budget.
Postal service can send in a padded envelope cost is $7.25 and 4 packs of nutriberries would fit just as an example. ;)

:)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would like support our great AA Vendors but I do have to watch my budget...
I'll check it but generally even with 20 % off the shipping kills it as FS is free... So I'm doubting I can get a bag at $8.99 shipped free...just economics & I do need to budget. For $19 I can get the nutriberries & 4 pair of gloves shipped free (it would be$23 with shipping for 1 bag of NB if I buy at DFS its like getting 5 pairs gloves for free if I had to pay the $14 shipping for the $9 bag of NB...Maybe if I had a larger order it would spread the shipping out but I don;t need much now as I've already soent alot...

I am also on a budget, I get it. Was just offering additional options available.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I've been trying to post on this thread for almost 20 minutes, and only this one has issues. :extremeanger:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Of course now it works. I ended up ordering a few more things today. I got the space station toy that Slade loves, a stainless steel treat cage that's 50% off and the three strand kabob for Diggle since he smashed the single strand one I got in the great purge sale of 2018.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Also it's really really sad, since I went through toys again and it use to be pages upon pages when I clicked the conure to amazon section and now it's just 2 pages. :sad1:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Also it's really really sad, since I went through toys again and it use to be pages upon pages when I clicked the conure to amazon section and now it's just 2 pages. :sad1:

Yeah there used to be lot more!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I order 4 more pairs of the nitrile gloves, some groovy blocks and a Rope Knot.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I did good and didn't buy anything, though I should have stocked up on Nature's Miracle.....

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am quite sure thus is part of the Petco purchase of DFS.

When I was at the large Petco here getting fish things, they were remodeling. They said they were redoing the fish area (it was gone) and all stock was moved around. I asked, that's what they said but also said they were bringing in a Vet area. Well, seems to be since the growth in our town and county is getting 63 new residents a day (The county) and it's a trendy, yuppie and young town.

Petco opens store that offers free veterinary care for a monthly fee - Business Insider

Well my Mobile Vet also showed me the article too. This is probably a reason behind the sale and movement. CRAZY! but a very cool concept.

$9 per month with free Vet care? I'm sure the visit is, but you'll pay for all the extra stuff, tests etc.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I am quite sure thus is part of the Petco purchase of DFS.

When I was at the large Petco here getting fish things, they were remodeling. They said they were redoing the fish area (it was gone) and all stock was moved around. I asked, that's what they said but also said they were bringing in a Vet area. Well, seems to be since the growth in our town and county is getting 63 new residents a day (The county) and it's a trendy, yuppie and young town.

Petco opens store that offers free veterinary care for a monthly fee - Business Insider

Well my Mobile Vet also showed me the article too. This is probably a reason behind the sale and movement. CRAZY! but a very cool concept.

$9 per month with free Vet care? I'm sure the visit is, but you'll pay for all the extra stuff, tests etc.
Sounds like they're trying to compete with PetSmart. They've had Banfield for years and have what they call a Wellness Plan and it costs $15 a month. If they're similar plans you're right it's pretty much just the vet visit covered and I think certain routine tests. Anything major you still have to pay out of pocket.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I have not seen it in my local Petsmart, but I like the idea of having vets be more accessible to the general population. Overall, my annual check-up for my cat costs much less than $15 per month if I multiple that by 12 months, but I think people find $15 a month more palatable if they base their budget on a month-to-month/paycheck-to-paycheck basis. Although personally I prefer having a traditional vet where I can build a relationship with them, anything that encourages ppl to learn more about responsible pet care is a plus in my book and this may be the first stepping stone for ppl who pick up their new pet in a cardboard box. Too bad its at the cost of downsizing other products.

As a side note, a couple of years ago, my cousin was approached by Facebook about becoming the on-site vet for their headquarter campus. Ultimately, she declined as she has her own practice in LA, but they were offering good money and said it was a perk they were thinking of adding for their employees and potential employees who had/wanted pets.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I wanted to get more food but only thought about it at 3 AM. Was totally immersed in my project working from home. I just love ❤ my work!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well, is it just me but I can't open any product on the Drs...it shows the product but when you click on it says "Were sorry page unavailable!!! Checked about 8 items & can't open anything!!!

So are they blocking us???

I had 4 nitrile gloves & senior nutriberries in the cart but I opted out as I have 7 long nitrile pairs & donlt use them as much as regular gloves but they were great watering the garden & keeping my arms from getting burned.

Problem is gloves do have a shelf life or so they say maybe 3 years. Bet its more but they want to be on the safe side if you are dipping your hands in acid....

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, is it just me but I can't open any product on the Drs...it shows the product but when you click on it says "Were sorry page unavailable!!! Checked about 8 items & can't open anything!!!

So are they blocking us???

I had 4 nitrile gloves & senior nutriberries in the cart but I opted out as I have 7 long nitrile pairs & donlt use them as much as regular gloves but they were great watering the garden & keeping my arms from getting burned.

Problem is gloves do have a shelf life or so they say maybe 3 years. Bet its more but they want to be on the safe side if you are dipping your hands in acid....

I had the same problem, but it's working fine again

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They haven't updated the webpages so lots of items are out of stock even though you can still see the item. They will probably update the web pages at some point.

Tried the gloves on. They were very comfortable.

Felt like a mad scientist wearing those gloves.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is what shows on their web page for in and out crocks right now:

That's an interesting looking crock.