• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of good clearance on Drs. Foster & Smith!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I ordered on July 6, and still no evidence it has shipped. Has anyone else had a delay?
Yes, my order with dog things and fish is coming. There was a large order I placed with more bird things for my guys- no evidence of it yet. I emailed them and got a reply, it was that they were so overwhelmed by the sale, that it's in the processing stage.

So we will wait, I may contact them again tomorrow since the one coming does not have the cat food I had ordered. :(

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Fed EX is WORSE!!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I ordered on July 6, and still no evidence it has shipped. Has anyone else had a delay?
I placed my order on the 5th & not a peep out of them until I finally emailed on the 12th that everyone else seemed to be getting confirmations and even their packages already. That afternoon I received a shipping confirmation & later that day a reply that they'd received my email. Even though the reply was sent after, I don't think the two were unrelated. :meh: I believe if I hadn't nudged them I might still be waiting.

Good news is my order should be here tomorrow.

@faislaq The small Kong is probably a good size for Luv Bug.
Fantastic! We'll give it a shot. :dance5:Thank you so much!

Last edited:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
My packages arrived... amazingly enough everything was still in it...

View attachment 281952 View attachment 281953
Good gravy...maybe companies should start stamping "job security" on the boxes.

The second half of my second order is supposed to be here today...shipping confirmation finally on the 14th about my first order but it doesn't show in UPS at all.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Yeah, UPS isn't the greatest with their care of merchandise! :mad:
The parcel people told me the drivers don't pick them up if they are heavy, they kick and roll them with their feet.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
My packages arrived... amazingly enough everything was still in it...

View attachment 281952 View attachment 281953

So much of that sort of thing happening is, the package is not taped well enough. To me more than enough tape is cheap assurance to be sure it arrives without busting at the seams. That sort of thing happening partly is the fault of the business who ships the package(s). Plus some places do not pack items tight enough with packing paper so when items inside the box move about in handling, that is another cause for boxes to do that as well because the box flexes more.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Ours arrived today. :DancingChilli: One flap of the box was loose, but everything on the invoice was there! Not humid here, just cruddy or old tape, I guess. :shrug2:

Buzzard is so excited about all of his new perches & toys and has checked them all out. :yes4: Luv Bug immediately beaked every foraging toy, but is scared of the other toys & perches, so we'll have to play with those on the sofa together tonight. Harley has already found and bashed the small stainless bell, but Scott is wary of it & their new perch and kabob toy will be spending a few days on the table beside their cage before moving any closer. :scared5:

All in all, I'm very pleased and just wish I'd've ordered more shreddable toys & maybe a Vittle Vault for the dogs' food. I am most in love with my priciest piece; the XL Sweet Feet & Beaks perch for Buzzard -for only $10. That thing is massive! He has a new treat-getting (read: nail filing) perch on the side of his cage. :D

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well Fed Ex has gorillas that play soccer with them & sit on & who knows what else.

UPS has been decent with all my packages & don't have a problem where Fed Ex breaks & redesigns the contents.
Even a round vacuum came square when they were finished with it!!!

Alot depends on the way its packed but I heard Fed Ex has a 40 to 50 mph conveyer belt & anything within a few inches of sides of box is macerated.

Aviana

Strolling the yard
My order had been cancelled. My email I used was not the one the credit card has, because I do not choose to receive billions of spam messages about shopping in the email I use for important things. They thought it might be fraud. I will not be ordering again. I am about done with most corporate behaviors, anyway. Besides, I ordered something from California Bird Nerds and got great stuff, quickly, and without a lot of bravo sierra in my inbox later. Looks like I should keep getting things from the vendors that hang around here.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My order had been cancelled. My email I used was not the one the credit card has, because I do not choose to receive billions of spam messages about shopping in the email I use for important things. They thought it might be fraud. I will not be ordering again. I am about done with most corporate behaviors, anyway. Besides, I ordered something from California Bird Nerds and got great stuff, quickly, and without a lot of bravo sierra in my inbox later. Looks like I should keep getting things from the vendors that hang around here.

Wow, that sucks!! I'm sorry

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Think that was credit card co. I have a different email for my credit .Card and never had a problem w Drs

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Luv Bug immediately beaked every foraging toy, but is scared of the other toys & perches, so we'll have to play with those on the sofa together tonight.
I have a super cute visual of that :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm sorry! I have one order haven't heard a word on. I am thinking it's not coming. There is one coming, no mention of my cat food. :( atleast the dogs dental chews and tooth paste is on it with some buffer for my African tank.

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
So happy I saw the sale the other day! It's unfortunate though I wasn't able to grab the bird scale, it was only $20, was $80!
This is what I ended up getting, finally started to buy bird supplies since the breeder should be back soon. No carrier though as my little boy is going to get shipped here so he'll already have a carrier.

First Order

1) Rings Game Small - Price: $3.50

2) Super Firecracker Junior 13" L x 7" H - Price: $3.00
My order was taking too long to ship so I called and they said it was because
a couple of the items I got were discontinued and this was one of them. I found the firecracker though on
mysafebirdstore.com and that order came 2 days after I bought it! I'm still waiting on my first order from drs, bought it the 7th and it should be here Thursday.

3) Super Bird Creations Jungle Bridge Jungle Bridge - Price: $3.24

4) Super Bird Creations Sitting Pretty Bird Toy Sitting Pretty Bird Toy - Price: $1.87
Another one that was discontinued, not sure if I'll ever get refunded for these things without calling again.

5) Shred Master Large Toy - Price: $2.75

6) Treat Pinata Ultimate -Price: $2.25
Style: Donkey

7) Treat Pinata Ultimate - Price: $2.25
Style: Monkey

8) Quick Link Wide-Jaw 4-pk - Price: $0.75

SUBTOTAL: $ 19.61

If they truly are not going to be carrying the clearance items anymore, I wish I would have bought some extras of the pinatas. They're so cute.

Second Order

1) Super Bird® Chain Reaction Chain Reaction - Price: $7.00

2) A & E Happy Beaks Movie Time Bird Toy 4" dia x 12" long - Price: $7.15

3) Java Wood Branches Small - Price: $19.99

4) Super Bird® Foraging Basket Foraging Basket - Price: $7.00

5) Sanded Thermal Perch Small - Price: $9.10

6) Prevue Hendryx™ Hide & Seek Foraging Perch 6" - Price: $3.00
Another discontinued one

7) Planet Pleasures Melon Foraging Bird Toy Medium - Price: $1.99

8) Planet Pleasures Diamond Piñata Foraging Toy Medium - Price: $2.24

9) Super Bird™ Creations Tassel Tunnel Tassel Tunnel - Price: $3.24

10) Super Bird® Tip Your Hat Bird Toy Tip Your Hat Toy - Price: $7.40

11)Naturals Rope Ladder Large 6" x 24" x 3/4" dia - Price: $5.00

12)Beach Walk Perch 7/8" x 5" long - Price: $3.50

SUBTOTAL: $ 76.61

Ordered the second one the 11th and it finally just shipped out today. :shifty:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Original order should be here today. I wish I had gotten more of the large colored shred toy. They are huge. Of course the pineapples are cheekie eating evils...Maui is keeping a close eye on her area.:rolleyes:

98CF35D0-B655-4C5F-9654-5C7AC4884049.jpeg