• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of good clearance on Drs. Foster & Smith!

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Drs. Foster and Smith have tons of supplies on clearance.

Aviator Harnesses are 50% off!

A&E Soft-sided Carriers are 75% off.

Plenty of toys, perches, and other goodies on clearance too.

Unfortunate that they're liquidating these goods, but a good opportunity to snap them up while they're cheap.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I ordered some vitamins yesterday from Dr. Foster and Smith's. I hope they will do okay - it says 1 drop per ounce of seed.
Mine are so stuck on seeds it's all I can do to get them to eat anything with nutrients / vitamins!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are discontinuing a lot of things. Surprised that Volkman seed is in the clearance section. A toy I purchased a two weeks ago for $10.99 is now $2.75.

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I just bought some foraging and safety perches, 3 stainless steel bells (RIP eardrums), half a dozen kabobs for Piper, and 2 36" wacky wood perches. And my usual Roudybush/Zupreem food order.

Came out to just over $50 for everything.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wan't going to spend any $$ but I am considering buying stainless steel bells and a Vittle Vault.

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I wan't going to spend any $$ but I am considering buying stainless steel bells and a Vittle Vault.

I picked up a few small SS bells. The vittles vaults were tempting, but I use the Jr ones and the smallest they had was the 15 - which is too big for where I have my food stored. Still a great deal on them, though!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have two Vittle Vaults. One is the stackable version and so I thought I might get another stackable one.
The carriers are an excellent price. Says large but the perch diameter is only 1/2". My larger birds wouldn't be comfortable in that. I'm also concerned about the zipper and breakage.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Could be that since Petco has purchased DR.s, they are changing the stock to what they sell in their stores.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you see the 10% off code? Includes sale and clearance items. Expires 7/6. JUL10SVG

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Did you see the 10% off code? Includes sale and clearance items. Expires 7/6. JUL10SVG
didn't see that & it's good off of clearance, too?? I'm calling to see if they'll take it off of my order.
(Though even if they don't I still feel like I should be wearing a ski mask after the order I just placed!
)

The best part is, hubby laughed at me & said yes before I placed the order. :hug8: What a great guy!

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
didn't see that & it's good off of clearance, too?? I'm calling to see if they'll take it off of my order.

(Though even if they don't I still feel like I should be wearing a ski mask after the order I just placed!
)

What did you order?

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel

)

I've done that before - had to call them to apply a coupon code that I accidentally left off my order. They should take care of it no sweat. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Coupon doesn't include dog or cat food, prescription items, fleat & tick control or items with manufacturer's set prices

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I've done that before - had to call them to apply a coupon code that I accidentally left off my order. They should take care of it no sweat. :)
They did take it off! My $93 order went down to $84 after tax. I got 20 items -lots of perches & toys, a vittles vault, and EVERY foraging toy on clearance we don't already have! :faint:

I got: another large safety perch for Buzz, T-top dragonwood perches for Buzz & Bug, A corner shelf for Buzz like the one Buggy sleeps on, 2 wood toys ,a kabob & small stainless bell like Buzz's for Scott & Harley, a receipt paper holder, A pollen perch for Bug because it was $1.75?, Sweet Feet & Beak perches for everyone & the Rings Game in medium for Bug and 5 foragers for whoever can & will use them. 20 items in all for $84. :flowers2:

Thank you @painesgrey for the tip & @iamwhoiam for the code! :grouphug3:

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welp, I just spent $25 in the clearance section. Christmas is coming early for Java! :D:heart: toys! Toys! And more toys! I love spoiling him, even if my account screams "are you crazy?! What about that new bed set you wanted to buy?" ......apply code......and place order. what's done is done. I regret nothing :cool3::cool4: smooth operator

Last edited:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Thank you for posting this! I didn’t need to spend any more after my latest order with some of our vendors lol but for under $100 I got food for parrotlet to macaw and toys for both as well. :heart:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well ordered another almost $50 worth but the sales were great & add 10% off so guess they are doing away with Roudy bush now???

$2. for a 44 oz bag???? Had to get 2!
Perches under $3!
Even got the stupid cozy for 70 cents!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:backout:

Im putting myself on a shopping hiatus for now... Must not click, must not click.... :dead: