• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of good clearance on Drs. Foster & Smith!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He has the classic red Kongs because that's what we used to use for our dogs when we still crated them. And he has the large bell. I think it has a good sound, but again, it comes off the playstand when hubby is home. :p

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the tone of the large bell. It has a low pitch deep sound. So funny that you have to remove the bell when your husband is home.
I'm fairly certain that Cody's previous Kong was a small but maybe not. If it's too big I'll give it to the dogs (the Bichon & poodle). I ordered an Extreme Kong bone toy for my Lagotto.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I hope no one is planning to use the soft sided carrier in the car for transport. According to my breeder and vet the only safe mode of vehicle transport is an airline approved hard plastic cat carrier with a perch in it. I personally would never risk my birds in anything else.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I hope no one is planning to use the soft sided carrier in the car for transport. According to my breeder and vet the only safe mode of vehicle transport is an airline approved hard plastic cat carrier with a perch in it. I personally would never risk my birds in anything else.
I didn't know that. I have a small cage I use for taking Chirp places (primarily vet/ER vet). What would you suggest for the little guys? I've looked at plastic crates before but they all have such big spacing on the front and on the holes on the side (since budgies need 1/2inch spacing). I'd be terrified he'd get out. Maybe modifications could be made to a cat carrier for the little guys?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I didn't know that. I have a small cage I use for taking Chirp places (primarily vet/ER vet). What would you suggest for the little guys? I've looked at plastic crates before but they all have such big spacing on the front and on the holes on the side (since budgies need 1/2inch spacing). I'd be terrified he'd get out. Maybe modifications could be made to a cat carrier for the little guys?
good question. Ask your vet what they recommend. Maybe for little guys a little cage is safest because as you say, the door grid is too big. Let us know! My vet techs are coming for nail trims tomorrow. One has finches. I'll ask her what she uses.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a Wingdow and also bought the booster seat strap so I can put it on a chair but I haven't done that yet. I haven't used the Wingdow much either and right now it is so hot here don't want the bird sitting by the window with that HOT sun rays coming through. The Caitec design is not as good as the Wingdow design and the materials are also not supposed to be as good. I believe the Caitec perch swings back and forth rather than being stable.
Yes, I've read more reviews and it does swing, so def a no go. I will consider a wingdow maybe down the road.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@taxidermynerd I think a cage is fine for the littles. I use cages for finches and canaries. I use a dog crate for everyone else.

I have crammed a cockatiel into a finch cage for travel before but they’re better in a crate also. :rofl:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
We have a kennel into which we drilled holes and added a dragonwood perch. They ride safely and comfortably perched inside it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like a great stand @saroj12 What do you think about it? Is it sturdy and do the perches fit well?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Looks like a great stand @saroj12 What do you think about it? Is it sturdy and do the perches fit well?
feels sturdy. My OH put it together quickly. One perch is a little tilted (bowl) but it's fine!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Nice stand! Are those birdie baskets! :dance4:

i was thrilled to buy them at a Michael's an hour away! Came home and took them out in the sunlight...they are coated with something odorless. So I'll give them away to normal (non bird) people :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
i was thrilled to buy them at a Michael's an hour away! Came home and took them out in the sunlight...they are coated with something odorless. So I'll give them away to normal (non bird) people :D

Normal people :rofl:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some of the goodies!

The perches are very nice. Wish I had received the ones I ordered.
Did you get a Caitec Tumbler? I gave one to Keno about 2 weeks ago and she won't do anything with it yet. She's somewhat fearful of it although if I put a cashew on top or sticking out of it she will grab that but then she runs away.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yes, got the Caitec tumbler. Penny is afraid of it too. have some pumpkin seeds & sometimes an almond sticking out.
They were gone she may have got them or they fell out. Sort of a bit wonky..its turns but not great.
Was under $3 so we'll see...