• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of good clearance on Drs. Foster & Smith!

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
The soft-sided carriers were a crazy bargain. I'm impressed by their build: zippers are smooth, the mesh covers the entire front and back panels - so no picking holes along the edge of the window to try to get through, nice grippy feet on the bottom, and even the pad under the perch is removable for cleaning.
All the stuff I got, still can't believe I only paid like 25 dollars!! (Chirp shown for scale)

The seashell matches Chirp! So cute!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:omg::faint:The clam shell mineral blocks are beyond gigantic...They are so heavy I doubt a smaller cage bars would hold them!!!! So big hard to find a place for it & so far Penny does not want to go near the monolith!!!! Packaged in there own box with bubble wrap.

THe dragon wood perches are huge too. I guess I got 1 1/2 inch & they are long for $2~!!!
DW T stand med also great though not maybe long enough to be safe for an agressive bird to stoop over & bite the hand.

Should have gotten the large 24 in t stand for $2 & made a playstand!!!!

Ha ve not opened everything. The caitec spin forager looks nice oot & the small SS bells...is the quick link & chain SS???

In fact everything was so well packed with bubble wrap & things...I am amazed. No wonder it took a while to pack things.
:fairy2:
I love those T perches so I orders them lol. I carry the med and large they are great.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a Wingdow but no one ever uses it here, even after months of acclimation :(
Yeah, I can't help thinking that would happen here. And since this is a cheap version, imagine if Gigi finally got her nerve up and it was wiggly or it fell. :(

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I have the Wingdow, too, and my sennie just started to fly to it on his own and will hang out on it :) My quaker will only do that if the sennie is on it ;) I dont know about the Caitec but I pressure tested the Wingdows suction cups for 2 months and they are strong!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Aries loved our Wingdow and now Jenks is always on it. It gets a lot of use in our house. You could test the df&s one out for a while first like @Hjarta5 did, it might be worth a try. Do your fids like to perch in the window @Dona?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I got my order opened up. Lots of large toys for my guys! Since they can blow through the Apple Toy in a few days, I got in 6 of those. I got in the mammoth size T perch they are great, may end up donating to the rescue since they have lots of Macaws. I got the carriers for my Sophie, she's got a pretty black and white one. And the XLarge Willy Nilly that Kazoo loves to destroy. I got a few foraging toys for the fiddos, especially Sophie, Kazoo and Hoosier. I am still waiting on my cat food, dog toothpaste, crocks, and some grooming things and fish stuff and a few more toys for the crew.
:fairy2:
As for the dogs diner, it's freaking huge and tall but my cat Abby can drink from it. Less chance of her soaking the floor with her foot slapping water out. She's done it since she was a baby, cannot figure her out LOL. :coffeescreen:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Yes...the carriers are very nice! I bought a small and large one...put them in the bird room and my tiels are afraid of them. Will leave them open with some millet or nutriberries. Ordered a small one first - and after reading reviews on Amazon decided to order a large to better accommodate my tiels' long tails!

@taxidermynerd , I ordered that forager also. Saw a video on you tube showing a budgie using it - pulling the slats and getting his treats! Would like to know if Chirp figures it out. I also have a very simple foraging toy - tip and treat. My budgies have figured that one out -still waiting for my tiels to.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I'm insanely jealous of everyone who got the soft sided carriers. I shouldn't of chickened out with my first order and I would of got them! All these hauls are awesome though.
The soft sided carriers were not something I had even thought of getting - but the price!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Yes...the carriers are very nice! I bought a small and large one...put them in the bird room and my tiels are afraid of them. Will leave them open with some millet or nutriberries. Ordered a small one first - and after reading reviews on Amazon decided to order a large to better accommodate my tiels' long tails!

@taxidermynerd , I ordered that forager also. Saw a video on you tube showing a budgie using it - pulling the slats and getting his treats! Would like to know if Chirp figures it out. I also have a very simple foraging toy - tip and treat. My budgies have figured that one out -still waiting for my tiels to.
Chirp kind of gets it, he'll accidentally jostle one of the slats and have the treats fall, but I think he's getting it. I had eyeballed it at petsmart but there was no way I was gonna pay $20 for something my bird might not even like, so when I saw it so cheap I had to get it lol!

The soft-sided carriers are rather nice, I wish they had spots for food/water and also maybe somewhere to put a toy? Small gripes though, overall they're very nice. I like that the bottom is removable and wipes clean so easy.
The soft sided carriers were not something I had even thought of getting - but the price!
Same here! I'd never pay the full price for them, they just don't seem worth it to me, but for the 10$ (for the small) I had to get one.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I've had my eye on them since a local store has them, but they're pricey. I thought my husband would get mad that I spent to much so I didn't order them then the next day he tells me he thought I did and we need them. I did order them but they were sold out just like with a lot of other stuff. Right now my parents let me borrow their travel cages but I want some that are sitting right here for emergencies so I'll probably just pick up some more of the travel cage I brought Diggle home in at the next bird fair.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I considered purchasing a soft sided carrier or two but I decided that I prefer the dog/cat carriers and can use the $$ towards those or maybe even put money away for a Celltei. However that was an incredible deal on those.
I regret not ordering the dragonwood perches early enough and not adding some Vittles Vaults to my order. I received package #1 today but haven't opened it yet.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm a bit in awe!!!!

I was doing redecorating of cages today. Rio flew out while I was trying to get that monolith polly seashell in his cage.
He was sort of caught by the nails in the curtain & I had the perch trying to get him & Penny was saying STEP UP!!!!
She knew!!!!! I can believe it but she was telling him to step up!!!!! I just luv that ANGEL!!!!

:omg::faint:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aries loved our Wingdow and now Jenks is always on it. It gets a lot of use in our house. You could test the df&s one out for a while first like @Hjarta5 did, it might be worth a try. Do your fids like to perch in the window @Dona?
We bring Gigi into the living room 12-7 each day and she is in front of the window on our covered deck. So she is used to seeing out and might like another opportunity (in the kitchen) to perch and watch. So funny that I can't decide. I might be shopped out, lol.

Last edited:

Doctress

Strolling the yard
DF42BCD1-69FB-45D2-8C28-BF7477115EEE.jpeg

It came!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We bring Gigi into the living room 12-7 each day and she is in front of the window on our covered deck. So she is used to seeing out and might like another opportunity (in the kitchen) to perch and watch. So funny that I can't decide. I might be shopped out, lol.
I have a Wingdow and also bought the booster seat strap so I can put it on a chair but I haven't done that yet. I haven't used the Wingdow much either and right now it is so hot here don't want the bird sitting by the window with that HOT sun rays coming through. The Caitec design is not as good as the Wingdow design and the materials are also not supposed to be as good. I believe the Caitec perch swings back and forth rather than being stable.

Doctress

Strolling the yard
AND... I just terrified Smoky Blue by putting a new toy in the cage ...

:peek1:

We’ll take it slower... :unsure1:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Is that the firecracker toy? I'm kicking myself. :bored: I like that wreath & what's that bag of plastic toy parts? :wideyed:
My "haul":
View attachment 281793
Have one more package coming but just nitrile gloves and Kong toys for dogs although one Kong toy is for Cody.
I like your pile-o'-bells! Buzzard loves his; hubby not so much. :laugh: Can't wait to hear Scott's small size.

And what size Kong for Cody? I want to get Luv Bug one, but wasn't sure if small was too big or not. :chin: I saw a keychain-size mini online, but I don't think they're available anymore. Buzzard loves feeding his XL in his spare cage bowl & his large ones that cover the tops of his playstand. Bug would probably just stuff beads in hers. :rolleyes:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is that the firecracker toy? I'm kicking myself. :bored: I like that wreath & what's that bag of plastic toy parts? :wideyed:
I like your pile-o'-bells! Buzzard loves his; hubby not so much. :laugh: Can't wait to hear Scott's small size.

And what size Kong for Cody? I want to get Luv Bug one, but wasn't sure if small was too big or not. :chin: I saw a keychain-size mini online, but I don't think they're available anymore. Buzzard loves feeding his XL in his spare cage bowl & his large ones that cover the tops of his playstand. Bug would probably just stuff beads in hers. :rolleyes:
I got Cody a small classic red Kong. I think that is the size she had previously. I misplaced it. Does Buzzard have the classic or the black extreme? Funny that he feeds his Kong. I want to start "playing catch" again with Cody. I just sort of throw the Kong to her (basically hand it to her) and she throws it back to me.
Does Buzzard have the large bell? The small has a pleasing sound although a bit tinny.