• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Korbel and Maui's Playgym overhaul......

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Wow Sarah! That is looking great. How are they at staying each on their own side? Is it working at all? Your photo shows one each on a gym. Is that a one time thing?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It all looks amazing! They are very lucky! Matt

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
They lool great! I think I love these two designs more than the one you made before! Very nice!

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
:omg: i LOVE IT!!

:mad: see what you've done??? skittles saw the pics, he has his favorite coke bottle and bell packed and is putting in a pick up request to fed ex.... expect a box of macaw on your door step tomorrow.... lil snot even insisted on over nite delivery! :lol:

okay not really :rolleyes: but i know such a set up would be prime real estate round here! ;)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Just makes me with I was a handi-woman. If I knew how to build such a marval I would! My birds would love it. I love the "strut space". Those LONG branches are just perfect for a cockatoo!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
How are they at staying each on their own side? Is it working at all? Your photo shows one each on a gym. Is that a one time thing?
:o: We have noticed..... When I am home there is not much need for separate gyms and I link them together. When hubby is home alone..... they need their own space and it has been working great. :D :rolleyes:

OK so is there a commercial we all have to be on the look out for?
:p Yes, my bird did a commerical shoot that should air in the next few weeks.... I want to watch it before I claim it as my bird. :rofl: I think they may make him look silly :rolleyes:

They lool great! I think I love these two designs more than the one you made before! Just makes me with I was a handi-woman. If I knew how to build such a marval I would! My birds would love it. I love the "strut space".
Thanks Mercedez. When we are finished I should have Joe weigh them and estimate a box..... something like this may be shippable if you can screw a few branches on and tighten some bolts. :o: Let's be honest...... there is alot more "handi-women" in us bird people than most other people. ;)

:mad: see what you've done??? skittles saw the pics, he has his favorite coke bottle and bell packed and is putting in a pick up request to fed ex.... expect a box of macaw on your door step tomorrow.... lil snot even insisted on over nite delivery! :lol:

Tell Skittles I prefer fedex overnight too. Just pack his overnight stuff.... If you can fit Calab too I would find that to be a bonus. I could smush on a pink bird daily. :D

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth

Tell Skittles I prefer fedex overnight too. Just pack his overnight stuff.... If you can fit Calab too I would find that to be a bonus. I could smush on a pink bird daily. :D

:lol: omg there is no better cuddling than a big pink fluffy cockatoo! :faint: tho he says he's not pink, he's apricot. :p

SunUp

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Those are just great! Heck, I'd pay for just instructions on how to make them! Materials list, step-by-step with pictures...honestly, I think you guys could sell that! (Insert whiny voice here)...Pleeeeease???

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The gyms sit on top of the frame but no, they don't go back there. :)

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia

Wish someone would build theirs first so I could shamelessly do the same thing. ;) Right now the floor and trim are level and I do love that, it would make for very easy cleanup. If this were any of my macaws from work I could leave it that way but the babies are not that easy. I just know they are going to chew the edges so today we are putting down trim on top of the flooring with the purpose of being chewed on. I would rather have them eat some pine trim than the laminate floor. :D When you get beat them..... ya know.... give in. :p
Can you put plexi layer over the floor to make cleaning easy?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I doubt you would need to. The laminate is easy to clean.