• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I've had it with this cage!!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Email/message them in writing and tell them you would like a replacement cage since their "fixes" are not working. Whatever you do, do it in writing or record conversations (telling them when you are). Also go to their FB page if they have one and message them. I've found that messaging a company through FB will sometimes get a quicker reply than through the old fashioned systems. For example I had a problem with UPS, tried the different phone #s to no avail - but when I messaged them on FB, I not only got a reply but also a resolution to my delivery problem.

It couldn't hurt - nothing ventured, nothing gained. But be almost exceedingly polite even if you are fit to be tied and can "speak French" fluently.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have been very polite in emails and phone calls all the while gritting my teeth!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have been very polite in emails and phone calls all the while gritting my teeth!!
Then look up the company on BBB (Better Business Bureau) and look them up on their FB. Message them through FB and tell them you are disappointed in their CS, and will be contacting BBB. If you need help, PM me.

Mention that your bird has been "caught" more than once due to the faulty door construction and, if they won't help solve this situation once and for all, they will be responsible for any vet bills if (God forbid) he should be injured.

Last edited:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This is not the best made cage, but is very reasonably priced through Petco. I've had a total of 7 of these cages. The biggest complaint that I've had is that the coasters tend to break off, and aren't replaceable. I move my cages around quite a bit, so if you don't, then I highly recommend it: You & Me Standing Parrot Cage | Petco
It has a ton of room for toys, etc.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If I could afford another cage I would get one but I have so many things going on right now I cant afford one, I'm stuck. :crycry:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
This is not the best made cage, but is very reasonably priced through Petco. I've had a total of 7 of these cages. The biggest complaint that I've had is that the coasters tend to break off, and aren't replaceable. I move my cages around quite a bit, so if you don't, then I highly recommend it: You & Me Standing Parrot Cage | Petco
It has a ton of room for toys, etc.
Look closely at the curved top of the door! THAT is where Farlie's toe got caught this time as the curve pans out at each side and straightens out vertically. It becomes a wedge when a bird slides down the bars. That is a 'toe trap' on each side of the door and the cage I now have does the same thing.
It's not too bad if it had a square top door.
Please stay away from any curved top cages or cage doors! :yes3:

toetraps.jpg

Last edited:

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
looks nice

John57

Meeting neighbors
check the internal size of the cage by using the questions and answer part on Amazon. My cage for my sweet yellow sided green cheek conure is bigger than the 68" size and she loves having lots of space in the cage. Another issue I had with this cage is very few horizontal bars for small birds to climb.

Last edited:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
check the internal size of the cage by using the questions and answer part on Amazon. My cage for my sweet yellow sided green cheek conure is bigger than the 68" size and she loves having lots of space in the cage. Another issue I had with this cage is very few horizontal bars for small birds to climb.
It's 22x23.8 inches. Just a tad smaller then I'd like but will fit in my small apartment nicely. ;) I can leave the play pen off and add my own. It doesn't have an under shelf unfortunately. It does have the locking feed doors and one big front door. I see the lack of horizontal bars but perches can fix that and ladders too.

:thanks: Anybody else with comments?

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I looked at listing and it seems the bar spacing should be OK at .6" (5/8") I'd wash it good and before putting it together and wipe it down with Vinegar (mild disinfectant). The top tray needs to go as it'll be very dark in the cage otherwise so adding you own is good.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Check the bar gauge on that. Those bars look thin. So funny that they list it for a Macaw and Cockatoo. That cage wouldn't hold up to their beaks. How much do you want to spend? I really think that the Avian Adventures Loro Flight cage would be an excellent choice. It doesn't have a play top but it has a flat top and it's easy to add accessories and perches to create a play top.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Check the bar gauge on that. Those bars look thin. So funny that they list it for a Macaw and Cockatoo. That cage wouldn't hold up to their beaks. How much do you want to spend? I really think that the Avian Adventures Loro Flight cage would be an excellent choice. It doesn't have a play top but it has a flat top and it's easy to add accessories and perches to create a play top.

I don't like the roof. Can it be removed?
https://www.hayneedle.com/product/l...udwSFzTN_vBoy-ZC81DLnKRfUz9s-NxYaAsvOEALw_wcB

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just reminding you that the Midwest Critter Nation has ALL horizontal bars. I have several pictures of Java's set up for reference if it'll help. :)

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OK, I thot it might be that one. I'm thinking it might be a bit too short for me to clean with my bad back. Bending over is a great issue with me.
I have Java's cage sitting on a table. Bending over was a huge issue with his other cage. Now, I don't have to bend over. The table that his cage is on brings the cage to just above eye level for me (I'm 5'7")