• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I've had it with this cage!!!

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully this gives you an idea of size and height
20181105_163920 1.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't use the peaked roof. I just store it on the shelf that is underneath the cage. I've read a few complaints about the front door being too small to get good access into the cage for cleaning but I don't have an issue with that. There is a thick border around the door and initially Jaden had some difficulty with that but he's OK with that now. You can also attach a platform to the front door on the inside or next to the door on the outside so when you open the cage it's easier for the bird to exit.

Last edited:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I have Java's cage sitting on a table. Bending over was a huge issue with his other cage. Now, I don't have to bend over. The table that his cage is on brings the cage to just above eye level for me (I'm 5'7")
LOL I'm only 5' 8" myself. Bending over is an issue with me too.
Being short for a man has been an issue with me as well. :laughing2:

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, it's now a toss up between these two cages. I like them both about the same.
The first one has no under shelf but it does have the extended sides to catch stuff. It's also a little smaller to fit in my apartment better.
The second one seems to be pretty perfect but no extended sides. A little pricey right now, too.

Hmmmmmmmm, gotta think about this one for awhile.

Amazon.com : SUPER DEAL PRO 53"/61"/68" Large Bird Cage with Play Top & Rolling Stand - Parrot Chinchilla Cage Macaw Cockatiel Cockatoo Pet House, 61 inch Wrought Iron : Pet Supplies

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/loroflightcage1.cfm

Many thanks, everybody. :heart: :hug8:

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Rick you might want to look at this HQ Flight cage. I have HQ cages and they are well made and there are no feeder doors only the two front doors and the two breeder doors, you use pear links to lock them closed. Price is about $180.00 if you have room. at 32" x 21" x 60" I think Farlie would enjoy the extra room.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

I have one very similar to this. Just thought I would mention that the top grate in mine is not screwed in, it pretty much just sits there and can be easily pushed out. Might be worth checking that this one is actually screwed in at the top unless you are happy to leave the big tray on the top

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Well, it's now a toss up between these two cages. I like them both about the same.
The first one has no under shelf but it does have the extended sides to catch stuff. It's also a little smaller to fit in my apartment better.
The second one seems to be pretty perfect but no extended sides. A little pricey right now, too.

Hmmmmmmmm, gotta think about this one for awhile.

Amazon.com : SUPER DEAL PRO 53"/61"/68" Large Bird Cage with Play Top & Rolling Stand - Parrot Chinchilla Cage Macaw Cockatiel Cockatoo Pet House, 61 inch Wrought Iron : Pet Supplies

Many thanks, everybody. :heart: :hug8:
I don't like any of those, to high consider the width. And it's the same with the food bowls.

The Loro is probably much better quality. There is an all horizontally barred cage that is a decent size. I found it at a place in TX called Bastrop cages but the guy wanted to charge me $300 for shipping it to CA which is crazy. Another member here has that cage Does anyone have this HQ flight cage? | Page 2 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
I like that cage. A flight cage will always be my first option.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Oh, those food bowls mean nothing. I have my own bowls. It's the locking doors that I like.
I don't mind leaving the tray on top. It'll help keep Farlie from pooping in the cage when he's playing up there. Wire ties should secure the grate if necessary tho.
I'm very glad all of you are pointing all these things out. They say two heads are better then one.

I just finished reading a number of Q&A's about the Amazon cage. (Top link) and didn't like what I read.
First off the actual cage measurements are 18" square. That's a little small for a conure, don't you think?
Second is the 3/4" bar spacing. Isn't that a little too wide?

Looks like this will be my new cage. (Now I gotta come up with a ton of money.)

:thanks: guys. More comments?

Last edited:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I was considering this cage I found the best price at 1 800 Pet Supplies. It might be 30% off now, so $244. I love this cage but felt it was just a little too big for my single Linnie.

John57

Meeting neighbors
The Loro Flight Cage looks good with horizontal bars on the side which will help in climbing to the perches. Did you noticed that the assembly of this cage is a bit different from others as shown in YouTube?

John57

Meeting neighbors
When I was considering this cage I found the best price at 1 800 Pet Supplies. It might be 30% off now, so $244. I love this cage but felt it was just a little too big for my single Linnie.
All I can say is that someone brought this cage for his Finches.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All I can say is that someone brought this cage for his Finches.
lol, that's a lot of cage for 2 finches!

On a serious note though, Gigi is pretty clumsy and I was afraid that it's just too far to fall.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Loro Flight Cage looks good with horizontal bars on the side which will help in climbing to the perches. Did you noticed that the assembly of this cage is a bit different from others as shown in YouTube?
The Loro is screwless, boltless and nutless and easy to put together as are all models of Avian Adventures cages. I did have an issue with the one I received and since I had it out of the box and laid out on the floor and it was after closing time for Midwest Homes 4 Pets and couldn't contact them until Mon. because it was Fri.night, I just decided to correct the issue on my own. I would recommend, though, that if @Farlie gets the cage and there are issues, call Midwest or the vendor and have them send replacement parts.

I have 8 Avian Adventures cages.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
The Loro is screwless, boltless and nutless and easy to put together as are all models of Avian Adventures cages. I did have an issue with the one I received and since I had it out of the box and laid out on the floor and it was after closing time for Midwest Homes 4 Pets and couldn't contact them until Mon. because it was Fri.night, I just decided to correct the issue on my own. I would recommend, though, that if @Farlie gets the cage and there are issues, call Midwest or the vendor and have them send replacement parts.

I have 8 Avian Adventures cages.
:laugh-bounce: Then how do you put it together??? Snaps? Or is it already assembled?

Last edited:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Elmer's Glue! :loltears: