• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

it must be in the air "RESCUE ME"

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
me too

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So glad he is doing better :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Mister does not like stop-n-go traffic. Andrea said he cussed up a storm every time they were stopped.
Sherbie doesn't like it either, or the patchy, always-under-construction roads on the way to the vet. The traffic is always heavy and the people driving are crazy. :extremeanger:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
My mother had carpal tunnel surgery some months ago and hasn't fully recovered from it... She's better now, but still has numbness and lack of feeling in that hand.

I imagine it's going to be particularly tough for Dr Barb. :(

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
she has in both hands, but right now her left hand is the worse of two. she has no feeling in her thumb, ring, and middle finger. if she does surgery Dr. Tony has to scrub in to do the stitching. I saw how bad it was when we all were together right before Easter, she dropped her coffee mug filled with ice, sparkling water and lemon. she sat down and cried. we cleaned it up and consoled her. she saw the Ortho Dr. that Monday.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Dr. Barb's Surgery went well, she will be out for 4 weeks and then she plans to have her other hand done.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Update on Mister::
I was there to clean cages, make some toys and a general work day. today was anything but ordinary. "G" and I got there in the middle of crisis. with Dr. Barb out and Dr. Tony trying to keep the practice running with Dr. Paul. we pulled in the back and got out of the SUV, "G" was getting Missy the M2 out. when Nick came flying out the door telling us we were need inside pronto. He would get Missy inside. both "G" and I ran. Dr. Paul has 2 dogs both hurt in car accidents, Dr. Tony has puking bird and there are 3 critters waiting to be checked in. "G" was in Scrubs, I wasn't, I stuff my purse and clothes in to a locker, got into scrubs asap. there are 3 other techs there and they are up to their fannies in sick critters. Because "G" can be more help to the DR.'s then I can. I took over the front desk, answering phones, checking in patients and getting Missy settled in her cage. the whole time Mister is yelling in the back bird kitchen. he is still covered and madder then wet chicken about it. Dude, you are going to have to hold on until Nick can get to you. once all those that need checking in were in the computer and in their areas birds on one side, cats and dogs and very fat rabbit on their side. whew, I got Missy in her cage and breakfast, I uncover Mister in the back and got his breakfast. Fast Freddy is waiting for his breakfast. the door bell is ringing back to the desk. one was the person with one of injured dogs in surgery. she is in tears so I ask if she would like to wait in, one exam rooms, bring her to pooch #4 and get her cup of tea. the other is checking in with cat that is bulging with kittens. mama cat is suppose to have C-section today. ok that may not happen becuz of the craziness happening every where else. but as soon as Dr. Paul has moment I'll ask him.
I get Freddy's breakfast and mind the door and desk. "G" comes out of the surgery, shaking her head, I know that one of the dogs didn't make it. DANG. Nick is with Dr. Tony helping the puking bird to get stabilized. "G" takes care Mama Cat bulging with kittens and gets them in the Kitty haven until Dr. Paul can be consulted. I find out Monster is in Dr. Paul's office still in his travel cage. shoot I'll take care of him too. he isn't happy being locked in his travel crate, I open the door and have a Monster on my chest. hmmmmmmmmmmmm, his eyes are pinning faster then strobe light. easy buddy, I really don't want to get bit right now. I remembered Dr. Paul keeps some walnuts in his desk drawer. got to find those quick. once I had 3 walnuts in my hand and putting them on Monster's java tree, he ready to get over there. whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww saved my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I close the door to the office so he stays in there. I grab him breakfast and some snacks.
ok, Dr. Tony come out and says Peace is in his office, ok dokey, I get his breakfast and take care of him too. Sometime either before all he)) broke loose or during it, somebody called Dr. Barb's house and gets the new vet (her son) in house on the phone. he comes in to help out. he takes care of the 2 birds waiting in the waiting room. the other side calms down and Mama cat bulging with kittens will have surgery tomorrow. there is one dog in the ICU area, one bird in ICU from some door knob spraying Lysol in the room. Fat Rabbit is expecting babies. cages got a lick and promise until tomorrow.
wow it was day and half in 5 hours. I came home to Sweet Pea chilling in her new "nestbox" and Bebe shredded all of the paper in his cage. I am going to bed shortly cuz I am wiped out.

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yikes, that's one crazy day!:wtf:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
of course, when I am so blasted tired, I can't get to sleep. thank the Lord we don't have to be in tomorrow until 1 pm. I'll get the cages tomorrow, toys made and hopefully we will get a late lunch. I feel so sorry for the dogs that got hit by the car. I am a firm believer that dogs in their own yard should be on leash when guests are leaving or left in the house. I hope to snuggle those new kittens too. I am so grateful that Monster didn't get a chance to take his pound of my flesh from my face/ neck. he was so irate about being locked up in his travel crate. Mister was pretty ticked off too. I will have to see how he is come morning. Nick and Andrea are staying the night with sick animals. any who I need to get my self to sleep. :sleeping3::bedbug::sleeping3:......

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Update time for Mister: yuppers, he is still at the clinic. he is still cussing up a storm, although some days he is very good. and then there are days that his beak runs over the limit. I am sad to report that his former owner passed away about a week ago. she was found dead in her bathroom. Rest In Peace Myrtle.
the 2 budgies and 2 cockatiels are in their new homes and doing great.
Dr. Barb is still not back to the clinic yet, but will be there is this coming weekend for a cleaning party. "G" stopped over this AM to pick up a box of toys for clinic birds. Missy was in a MOOD and we didn't get much time to talk.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Tomorrow is a cleaning party for the entire clinic, both sides. so it's all hands on deck. "G" just dropped off scrubs for me, new designed with all the Vets names on them not just the clinic's name. starting next week every body will have their names on them. and if you are volunteer (like me) you will have the word 'Volunteer' plus either a bird, dog or cat on your scrubs. they are new color a ocean bluish green with bright sunshine yellow embroidered writing. if you need long sleeves under your top to be warm enough in a sometimes chilly office, they want either white or bright sunny yellow. I have the white so I don't have to worry about that. I have more toys made up and 2 boxes or forging toys with raw nuts, dried fruit (bird Safe) and 3 different sizes of Nutriberries plus different flavors. All supplies provided by the clinic. I finally made up a code sheet for the different Nutriaberries forging toys and will bring that on thumb drive so that they know what they are feeding. I write on the different forging toys the code with food safe markers, just like I do for my own 2.
IMG_0015.JPG
the markers are on the far left on the coffee filters.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I just counted up all the forging pieces I have made since 04/20/17. 870 pieces. I am not the only person that does this in the clinic. "G" does a bunch of these as she watches TV in the evening, like I do. Nick makes some too. I keep everything food wise in the Frig both before it's made and after it's made and in Zip lock quart size bags. plus the Frankenstein toys are at 40 assorted sized toys that still need shredders at the bottom clips.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Update: after oversleeping again, I woke up with just enough time to uncover my 2, throw my meds down, grab my ice tea and get out the door. "G" had two cockatoos with her, Missy the M2 and Ralph the U2. Ralph was due for his wellness exam and her hubby had to work today, some snafu in the production line. Ralph is Joe's bird 120% and anybody else handling him better mind their P&Q's. he will bite and he has no forgiveness in his soul except for Joe. I had my scrubs with me, they were the wrong size. any tighter and they would have been inside my skin instead of on top of it. the box of toys and forging toys were by the door and I grabbed them as I ran out the door. once in the SUV, Missy was very quiet and Ralph was in full screaming mode. "G" drove at bat speed to the clinic. "G" called the clinic when we were at the closest stop light, because it takes 2 people to carry Ralph's travel cage. I got Missy out, while "G" and Nick took Ralph in. I ran into the restroom with proper sized scrubs and changed. I got Missy out and into her cage at the clinic and some treats.
Surprise, Surprise, Dr. Barb is there with her hand still in a cast but she is doing a lot better. Both Charlie and Petey are on their Java trees, Fast Freddie is there, Peace and Happy are there (Dr. Tony's birds) plus Mister the CAG is in the back. and Monster the DYH is in Dr. Paul's office. I am going to be a busy lady today. I ran back and started making breakfasts for 8 birds. Nick is getting their water dishes with fresh water. I swear I should have taken a waitress training course. everybody is fed and watered, now I can start cleaning. Ralph is screaming his head off in exam #1, he is hungry, mad that his person isn't there, and doesn't want to come out of his travel crate. I am in the back kitchen scrubbing out 2 small cages, hear Dr. Tony trying to calm him down. Mister is laughing like some creepy movie alien character.:alien: be nice buddy. I put those 2 cages back together and decide to get Mister to Java Tree and divert his attention to something else. Amazing, he steps up without a fuss and enjoys going to the java tree. then he spouts a load of cuss words and I walk away. I clean his cage, hide forging toys, and put in 2 new crazy toys. Nick comes and puts him back to his cage. Ralph is quieter, Dr. Tony must have gotten him out. I quick go up front to check on all the birds in the waiting area. Charlie of course, wants to be in my shirt. love you big boy, but I have work to do. Happy, I haven't worked with much, so I am a little leery of her. I know that she can be a bit snappy at times. they are getting along ok. so back to work, I do up a bunch of dishes:dishes: and mop out the little kitchen. there are no boarded birds so nothing left but cleaning the waiting room, mopping the floor there. I clean up the 3 offices and watch my back in Dr. Paul's office. Monster has been in a mood for days and I have been warned to not turn my back on him. I go to help the cat volunteer but she is done already. Ralph is back screaming again, oh boy, Dr. Tony is going to have concert deafness for awhile. I put away all the forging toys I made. all Frankenstein toys are put away after I get phone book chunks for shredders on the bottoms. All cages in the waiting area have been cleaned yesterday, they just need to have papers changed easy peasy.
lunch time: birdies are with all of us in the big kitchen, subway sammies, and a huge salad for the birds and 2 kinds of home made bars: pecan/date on a shortbread crust, nummy & some type of apple/cranberry crumble. I explain the chart for the forging toys codes, "G" ran them off on the printer b/4 we sat down. I will have to redo some of it, too complicated, I guess. maybe colored Dots would work better next time. Ralph was finally allowed to have some food and he was much happier, but still in his crate. Joe ("G"s Hubby) showed up while we were eating. I have never seen a bird so happy to see his person:birdance::birdance::birdance:, in long time. the Docs went to do their day's paper work. Nick and I cleaned up the big kitchen, mopped the floor and clean the restrooms and the shower. I had Petey & Charlie with me helping LOL. I was home by 3 pm. Sweet Pea laid another egg today. I need to go shower and go to bed myself.:sleeping3: