• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

it must be in the air "RESCUE ME"

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
No wonder the CAG has been so difficult - it seems like has been through a lot! Poor fella. :(
I am glad to hear that the budgies and tiels won't have to stay in the clinic too long.
Keep us posted!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I talked to "G" on her way home. Mr. CAG had his first tube feeding. in the end Nick was wearing a lot of formula. he will have to be toweled better to do this. they may have to get the birdie snuggler out storage to feed him.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww poor buddy! Not feeling well I'm sure but at least he has the energy to put up a fight. I hope all the nasty disease tests come back negative.
That is awesome all the work you are putting in to help these birds! :) :hug8:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
all birdies will be staying in quarantine until Mr. CAG bloodwork and swabs come back. he

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
talked to "G" tonight to see how the human babies were (say some prayers for Dr. Barb's 2 grandchildren in the hospital with RSV, and for Dr. Tony's daughter who had surgery today ). Bird babies budgies, tiels and Mr. CAG are doing ok, Mr. CAG has been cussing up a storm, trying to bite anyone with in his sight. the tube feeding are not going well. They dug out the bird snuggler and are trying that to hold him while feeding. he is very upset and keeps asking for Myrtle his former owner. the tiels and budgies are eating up a storm. liking Nutriberries and mash. YAY.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Hope the children recover quickly and hoping the grey will start to eat on his own. Thanks for the updates :)

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thanks for the update, I hope everyone shows some improvement soon. Even Mr. CAG, poor guy.:(

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I have Update on the five rescues:
the Budgies and tiels are doing great, learning to love mash and chop. their blood work came back very good, still waiting on swabs to come back.
Mr. CAG is doing ok, hating every second of being tube fed, but also gaining some weight back. he thinks that chop needs to be outside of his cage and has liberally applied it to the floor, walls and ceiling. he is trying Nutri berries and also birdie cupcakes. he has also bit Nick 3 times, one of them needing 3 stitches. His bloodwork is also back, his kidneys are not good and there is something funky with his liver also. Dr. Tony wants to wait until he is at healthier weight before re doing the testing again. after several calls to the previous owner, with some very nasty words from her, it has been discovered that she was feeding all of the birds old human cereal, like Wheaties, lucky charms, golden grahams, cheerios, and shredded wheat. and soda pop on daily basis. needless to say this, but what a crappy diet. Dr. Tony will be checking their sugar levels also. now I understand why we found dead ants in their cages.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
What a horrible home for these guys. No wonder Mr. CAG is in poor health.

Thanks for saving them.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww, the poor guy. I hope he comes around once he feels better. :(

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Poor thing. I hope he can pull through and start to trust people for love.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Poor guys so glad you and your vets took them in ..best of luck with them :)

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Thank you so much for saving them!

You know its a bad diet when, in comparison, it makes the all-seed diet nonsense look semi-sensible!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I just want them to get healthy again. Mr. CAG is one angry bird, he has the worst potty mouth I have ever heard. it not wonder becuz Myrtle his former owner had it too. :backout: he hopefully will out learn the bad behavior, but you never can tell.
he fight beak and talon the tube feeding, it's taking 2 people one to hold him in a bird snuggler and the other to manage the tube and syringe. I might be going in on Sat.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Update time:
the 2 budgies and 2 tiels will be able to find new homes. their swabs came back clean as a whistle, no scary diseases. they have moved out of the quarantine area.
the news is not so good for Mr. CAG. he has had several severe seizures in the last couple of days. and is now living in incubator. his calcium levels are either sky high or almost nill. there is no middle ground right now. his swabs came back with no Aspers or PBFD indications. he may have diabetes and they are doing blood work daily checking his sugar levels. his liver values are off also. they are testing for heavy metals and Fatty liver disease also. he is still fighting beak and talon every moment of the day. there is a small chance that the next seizure could take him out also. Dr. Tony, Nick and one other tech have been staying with him nightly. one of them stays in the quarantine room at all times.
I am suppose to go tomorrow to the clinic if "G" is feeling up to it. she had same day surgery on Thursday for minor bowel obstruction. she is doing fine but a bit achy.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Such good news about the tiels and budgies, but poor Mr. Grey! My heart breaks for the poor bird. He's lucky he has such caring people around him now.
Hope G has a quick recovery!

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
thank you so much for taking care of these lovely birds. I'm so thankful there are people like you who care so much about these precious creatures

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I did go into the clinic today, mostly to clean cages, offices, kitty haven. the budgies look a hundred percent better. the tiels are much healthier also, cages cleaned, F-10'd and fresh fruit and veggies in the budgies cage, tiels got mash & chop. there is Hybrid Macaw being boarded, he was stinker, beautiful but a stinker. had to test my arm with little nibbles from my fingers to my elbows. he was not always gentle about it either but no blood. once he was out on Java tree eating, it was impossible to get him back into cleaned cage. he finally went back on his own time. I cleaned Fast Freddy's cage and Java tree. he wanted to be on me the whole time. sorry buddy, but I have work to do. I watched the past videos from several days of the quarantine room. poor Mister is having tough time, he had a couple really bad seizures. Dr. Tony was in the room both times and was able to inject meds and calcium both times and get the seizure to stop. Nick was in the quarantine room today, cleaning the incubator, feeding him, and providing some comfort for very frighten bird. I cleaned kitty haven, playing with mama cat and her babies. got the offices clean and ready for the next week. it's wait and see with Mister, the testing for heavy metals and fatty liver will be back Tuesday.