• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent i cant believe im making this thread

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Thank goodness!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that your mom decided to take her to the vet. I hope that she will be OK. Sending positive thoughts for a full recovery.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I hope that Kiwi will be ok. I think that your parents need to talk to your sister about taking out the bird without you there. Maybe you need to put a key lock on it so she can't get at Kiwi

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Hope she will be okay

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
She's okay! She's on antibiotics for any possible scratches and she needs a week of down time in a warm dark cage, but she'll make a full recovery!
So thankful....

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's okay! She's on antibiotics for any possible scratches and she needs a week of down time in a warm dark cage, but she'll make a full recovery!
That's very good news.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Though I know your mom is angry, please, please tell her that you and Kiwi have a lot of feather-headed bird aunts who are very, very grateful for her taking Kiwi to the vet. When most of us posted that it was a matter of life-and-death, it really was. Too many birds have died because that one little scratch or tooth injury was not seen.

Think about how a cat scratch can get inflamed on a human and multiply that by 1,000 or more - that's how that one little ding can affect a bird.
But to Mom, thank you, thank you, thank you!

A nutty bird mom.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
SandraK that's absolutely wonderful! Kiwi and mom and grandmom, good job!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am soooo glad your bird will be ok. I'm sorry this happened on your birthday. And I hope your mom's anger wasn't directed at you, but at your silly sister. Please invite your mom to read this forum or whatever it takes so she understands how important all this is!
:hug8:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Poor Kiwi! I'm so glad your mom agreed to take her to the vet. Do you share a room? If not get a lock on your door! If you do share, you will have to figure something else out. Your sister has not learned her lesson, and she will do it, or something like it again.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so very glad that you were able to take Kiwi to the vet. Please tell your mom thank you from me. What did the vet say to you?

Now, have you come to a decision as to how you can protect Kiwi from your sister? Is your sister younger than you? You really, really need to protect Kiwi from her.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I feel very wrapped up in kiwis plight. Please let us know if he makes it. Poor little thing has had a lot of bad luck. I'm glad you got a lock for the cage. I hope your sister knows the pain she has caused kiwi to have because of her disobedience.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I think you should not let Kiwi out of your sight when home, and make mom responsible for Kiwi when you’re not. Unless mom is driving you somewhere and sister is alone at home with Kiwi. What are your plans for this not ever happening again? Deanna is right, your sister will do it again.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
SandraK said it all! I am very happy that Kiwi is okay! I am sorry that all of this happened and that you sister does not seen to realize what consequences her actions have. I hope you can get a lock for the room kiwi is in, I would think about wearing the key like a necklace or on your keychain, but also keep a spare one, Maybe two, hidden from your sister so when there is an emergency Kiwi can be saved and Will not be locked in. Succes, my thoughts are with you and Kiwi!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
She's okay! She's on antibiotics for any possible scratches and she needs a week of down time in a warm dark cage, but she'll make a full recovery![/QUOTE
That is wonderful news.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
So relieved to hear Kiwi is ok!!

kiwi203

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Caden
I think the shock of her getting hurt (finally) made my sister understand that she can't take her out anymore. She's only 8, and very impulsive and not the best with animals. Meanwhile, I'm a bit worried about Kiwi. She's just staring into space and not moving. I kept her warm overnight but she just sat on her perch all night and stared straight ahead. She's alive, but when I petted her she didn't respond like she usually does. She hasn't eaten either. I told her to step up to see if she responds to that, and she did step up, but she fell off my finger and I had to catch her. Now she's sitting in her little hanging sleep hut and just staring.

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What tests did the vet do? It sounds like she may need to go back and get hospitalized.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Alright, so has she been receiving her meds? What did the vets do when they took her back?