• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How old are your Too?

Srohe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzanna
Our G2 is almost 6 years old and we’ve had her since she was 6 months of age. And our Quaker parrot is 7 years old and have had her since she was around 6 months of age too. So this may sound like a silly question but what does the info on the bands tell you?

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
So this may sound like a silly question but what does the info on the bands tell you?
Not a silly question at all. When I first joined AA I thought bands were supposed to have a inform way which all the info was supposed to be on them. But that's not how it works. Its up the breeder how and what is on them. If you're lucky you can decode them, they'll usually have initials of name of the breeder or aviary they came, the country or area they from and the year they were hatched. But some are harder decode than others

My U2 Echo has/had band (I decided to take off for safety reasons) and through AA I was able track down which breeder he came from as it had the initias of the breeder. But his band didn't really tell me much. Just the country he hatched in Canada, which I assume already. I'd really love to know for sure what year he was hatched. There is the number 103 on his band. 2003 lines up with what his former owner said how old he was so the 03 could possibly mean the year and the 1 before it mean something like he was part of first clutch that year. But that's only a guess and only the breeder knows for sure what the code on band means. I thought about contacting the breeder but someone who also had a bird for him on this forum already did. And they didn't have a good experience so I decided not to. That's kind of rambly answer but I hope it helped :)

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jasmine is 20 years old. She was hatched in July 1999. I got her when she was 7 months old. My CAG & B&G Macaw were also hatched in 1999. JaJaBinks (Macaw) is the oldest, then Jasmine U2, then Jengo CAG.

Jasmine eating a rose.

jasrose1.jpg

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Jasmine is 20 years old. She was hatched in July 1999. I got her when she was 7 months old. My CAG & B&G Macaw were also hatched in 1999. JaJaBinks (Macaw) is the oldest, then Jasmine U2, then Jengo CAG.

Jasmine eating a rose.

View attachment 318802

Jasmine is absolutely beautiful. I love the the photo of her.

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Chipper is 30, we've had him for a month :heart: IMG_20191101_165141.jpg