• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How old are your Too?

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Mine were all adults when they came to my home. Babette, my U2, actively chose me and she captured my heart. I soon found out that she hated almost all middle aged men and would outright attack them, leaving a 1-2” gash under their eye or check bone. I also had five kids under 11. She was very jealous of them and loved to chase them around tying to amputate their toes. Babette and the kids got older and they learned to love each other to the point where they were inseparable during the kids teen years. She traveled everywhere with them. Now most have their own families and she still remains my sweetheart. The other two Toos were shipped to me as adults. I’ve found that shipping offers a huge bonding opportunity
Because they’re looking for a friendly face and reassurance. I didn’t really experience the terrible Too phases with these three. I think it’s because they were adults when I got them. I don’t think I got lucky 3 times.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
View attachment 314995 Bentley on the left is 19 years he's been with us since he was 6 months old. Isabelle is the baby she turned 4 yrs old this last April. She's been with us since 6 months old , Their the best of buds :mykid:
Now there's a pair of inscrutable looking 'toos...:)

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Isabelle is the femme fatal she is very much a girl,always a demure poised fluffing her Mutton chops like a feather fans covering her beak.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
My lil angel is roughly 8 years old......:)
TELL ME ABOUT IT!! Last March I was forced to clip his wings....and give him parrot CBD oil..yep, they make it exclusively for parrots...my vet said it was ok...anywhoooo..both things really helped..lil buger was WAY to sweet on my hand....:hehe: and was doing fly attacks on me when he didnt get his way...:confused:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
He is quite proud of it . Cock -o-the- walk strutting his stuff!
:dancing::pinklol2:

Gotta love ( what I call it) the cockatoo stomp -walk...
Like they are in slow motion type of walk... They must be thinking.. " yep I'm bad, best not get in my way now"
You know that walk....all it needs is the theme to JAWS playing in back ground and that would make for a scary too!
Lol!!!!!

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Gotta love ( what I call it) the cockatoo stomp -walk...
Like they are in slow motion type of walk... They must be thinking.. " yep I'm bad, best not get in my way now"
You know that walk....all it needs is the theme to JAWS playing in back ground and that would make for a scary too!
Lol!!!!!

Ha! Ha! Kinda like a pigeon toe stomp , lifting the feet high-up , body sways from side to side. Could be a new style of dance.
We could call it the Cockatoo monster mash!
:chickendance::batnana::pinklol2:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Isabelle has been in rare form latley...I dunno if it's the change in weather or that she's reached her 5 years old mark.

She being extremely mischievous, not mean, just a more rambunctious girl ,still a sweetheart.
Just like a toddler getting into everything.

Bentley's always been a reserved perch potato.
He's never really got hormonal or anything else about the common complaints of our feathered friends...

One exception is that he's two faced & disingenuous .luring me in for a sweet talking kissy kiss then trys to nail my lips. :cautious:
:smilesign:

Last edited:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
TELL ME ABOUT IT!! Last March I was forced to clip his wings....and give him parrot CBD oil..yep, they make it exclusively for parrots...my vet said it was ok...anywhoooo..both things really helped..lil buger was WAY to sweet on my hand....:hehe: and was doing fly attacks on me when he didnt get his way...:confused:
Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
:facepalm: