• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Going away for 2 weeks

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Sadly, I have to go to the Philippines for 18 days; which means I won't be able to take care of Peeps for that long. I have made all the preparations, and will have my brothers take care of him while I'm gone.

Having to go through with this made me realize how much time I spend at home with Peeps. To be honest though, I am more of a home body so I never minded it. This brings me to my next questions (if you don't mind me asking): What's the longest you've been away from your birds? How did they fare?

This is the first time I'm leaving Peeps for more than 24 hours, and I've always been the one who took care of him. I'm pretty anxious, but I do trust my brothers.

This is Peeps getting acquainted with his temporary room~

Last edited:

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Hi

I know the feeling. Im due my holiday in 2 weeks..away for 7 nights. My mum is looking after my canaries but I'm nervous. My birds mean so much its like leaving my children at home. Im so attached and its such a wrench because they have helped me through a very tough time. But all said and done I need my holiday. .we cant afford one every year and boy do we deserve it this year. My mum will take great care of them and so will your brother with Peeps. Ive seen clips of him and your brother and he is at ease and happy. I too am a home bird and this does not bother me as I am content and never bored. 18 days in the bigger picture is not too long like my 7 nights..we must keep reminding ourselves of this. Big treats for Peeps and mine when we are back..sending big hugs

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Hi @Clairecanary15 !

I hope you have a good holiday :) You are most definitely right that it won't be a very long time, and that they are in good hands. I was very anxious earlier, but I've come to terms with reality lol
I even made them a notebook with instructions and his routine just in case ahaha

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
@rockoko thank you! :hug4: he's a screamy ball of energy!!!

Your brother is taking really good care of him.
Peeps looks happy so enjoy your vacation as much as you can.

I wish I could too. :)
I can hear him singing in the background whenver i videochat with my mom lol he's really at home!

It's been lots of eating for me since day 1. :excited1:If you ever visit Philippines, bring bug repellant!!! Ahah

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Not up to much with the heat. Having to look after my daughter..she Type1 diabetic and this heat is causing havoc. So we r all near a fan. .birds and dog too