• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Going away for 2 weeks

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
:lol: butt fluff! :hehe: I love Peeps!!!
I got to boop it once when he was standing on the ceiling fan. It was so soft! Thankfully, the lil guy didnt panic, he just fell off ahahah

Arr so fluffy and a little scratch too..just too cute you are lucky to have your family looking after him. I hope you are relaxed and enjoying yourself too
Thank you, it's hard to relax in hot and humid weather, but it's going well over all. I'm eating way too much ahah :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh those videos are precious! You're so lucky to have trusted brother to care for Peeps. Enjoy that holiday, even if it does include lots of bug repellant! :)

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Your brothers rock for taking and sending videos to you!

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
My brother was updating me on Peeps, and apparently he hasn't been singing as much and just seems a bit slower lately. :bored:Fortunately no heavy breathing, tail bobing, or foot favoring, so he doesn't seem ill... I'm worried, but I'm hoping it's because he's molting. 6 more days before I get to go home!!!! This video he sent me doesnt fail to make me smile though :shy:

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
You are right. Its because he is moulting. Mine are happy enough just quieter. My Sugar or Jelly Bean haven't sang for sometime but still eager to get in the fresh seeds or greens bowl. Peeps looks happy to and active. I call it their rest time.

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
You are right. Its because he is moulting. Mine are happy enough just quieter. My Sugar or Jelly Bean haven't sang for sometime but still eager to get in the fresh seeds or greens bowl. Peeps looks happy to and active. I call it their rest time.
It's always a good sign when they're eating well :) I hope Sugar and Jelly Bean are faring well with their molt. My brother told me Peeps hasn't been droppimg feathers, but has been looking more ruffled on the sides. It's so weird when I realized Peeps hasn't been making as much sound (even weirder last year since that was his first molt with me), he's always so screamy lol

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Yes we are so used to their singing or screaming in your case that it takes a bit to register. Its too quiet in the avairy. Jelly Bean has always been ear popping as a singer..but not a note. Think he is nearly done..he has fresh new feathers coming on his head. He was showing me earlier lol

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Yes we are so used to their singing or screaming in your case that it takes a bit to register. Its too quiet in the avairy. Jelly Bean has always been ear popping as a singer..but not a note. Think he is nearly done..he has fresh new feathers coming on his head. He was showing me earlier lol
Those pin feathers looks so scratchy!!! They're probably used to it, but dang it looked so uncomfortable on Peeps! The best we can do is provide them regular baths and healthy diet so they make it through the ordeal smoothly. On the bright side, it is a good indicator that it's almost over lol