• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Completely Custom Freedom Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:lol:

I do believe every single custom cage maker in the USA is dropping to their knees and thanking the "powers that be" that Saroj does NOT live close enough to visit!!! :p:p:p ;););)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
now that you put it that way.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
i would be quita a pita eh?:lol:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
You .. a PITA??? No, no, no .... NEVAH!!! ;) :heart: :p

You my dear, are simply detail oriented, conscientious, exacting, vigilant, precise .... umm ... well .....................
.................................................................................

Yea, I guess I could see where PITA "could" be interpreted from those descriptors. :hehe:

In my line of work, we'd be nice and say "high maintenance" :rofl:

******** Running and ducking from the :whack:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
You .. a PITA??? No, no, no .... NEVAH!!! ;) :heart: :p

You my dear, are simply detail oriented, conscientious, exacting, vigilant, precise .... umm ... well .....................
.................................................................................

Yea, I guess I could see where PITA "could" be interpreted from those descriptors. :hehe:

In my line of work, we'd be nice and say "high maintenance" :rofl:

******** Running and ducking from the :whack:
what? Have you been talking to the AC guys?? :eek:
Over the course of the last two months getting the bird room AC switched out and replaced three times with me insisting on this and that the whole time...:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
"high maintenance" :laughing6:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Personally, I think it would be a very good experience for them to have Sarojie as a client.:D

It will be like discovering and navigating through unchartered waters. :dance5:

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Tonight Mark Mann is sorting through all my 100000 emails and gathering alll my specs into one document for my review. When we've fine tuned it and are both on the same page he will finalize it. I am so pleased with our communications and his focused attention to detail!! :D

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Saroj! I have a quick question. Now I know Freedom had warrenties against rust. But since your having these custom made, have you considered Aluminum? Can they/will they even do Aluminum? (otherwise I was thinking of emailing them and asking them, cause now I'm interested in their cages! lol)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Saroj! I have a quick question. Now I know Freedom had warrenties against rust. But since your having these custom made, have you considered Aluminum? Can they/will they even do Aluminum? (otherwise I was thinking of emailing them and asking them, cause now I'm interested in their cages! lol)
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I just got a cage from him as well and discussed this. He doesn't at the moment do aluminum, but is considering it for the future.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I just got a cage from him as well and discussed this. He doesn't at the moment do aluminum, but is considering it for the future.

ah thanks for answering this one for me Coco!:highfive:
That's good to know!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Tonight Mark Mann is sorting through all my 100000 emails and gathering alll my specs into one document for my review. When we've fine tuned it and are both on the same page he will finalize it. I am so pleased with our communications and his focused attention to detail!! :D
this is great to hear! :highfive:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
just received the first draft of my cage specs as promised!

Two identical cages made with 1/2" tubing and 3/16" bars spaced 11/16" apart. No Freedom Buffets. 2- 20 oz feeder ring bowls with 5-6" between them and located 14" above pullout grate and one located by itself in the center of the opposite panel. Cage width of 32", depth of 24" with a dome top that is 9.5" tall. Cage overall height of 62" (floor to top of dome). Interior cage height of 40". Cage grate will be located 22" off floor. The door will be 24" tall. Door opening width of 12" Pullout tray 15-16" above ground. Shelf on bottom of cage (interchangeable with the cage grate) located 6" above ground. "front porch" located in the center of the dome top. welded toy hangers in each cage. Last but not least, both cages will have the porch railing shown as pictures. (1/2"x1/2" bars with 1/2" between each, total of 5")

i decided to skip the back door idea. Mark is so nice, he said the front porch is on him, no charge for this exta feature!:D

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Do you have any diagrams of the cages Saroj? They're sounding great! :D

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Sounds great. Can't wait to see them when they are all done.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thanks Allison and Merlie!:D
Do you have any diagrams of the cages Saroj? They're sounding great! :D
Steve, I don't know if Mark will make sketches. I've been writing articles for a german parrot magazine and thought this custom-cage experience would make an interesting topic so will request Mark to send me photos along the way. Even a boring pile of cut metal tubing and bars stacked up for the next step :D. I've sent him lots of pics. We are exactly replicating their current cages with improvements and going wider...

quakercages.JPG

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
need input!:D

the current cages have removable food bowl rings and really I only use one bowl in each cage, the rest are lixits and screw on rings-bowls at a much higher level. So I am considering only having two food doors in the new cages...one on either side, and at diagonally opposite ends. Do you think I might regret this? :huh:

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
need input!:D

the current cages have removable food bowl rings and really I only use one bowl in each cage, the rest are lixits and screw on rings-bowls at a much higher level. So I am considering only having two food doors in the new cages...one on either side, and at diagonally opposite ends. Do you think I might regret this? :huh:

It depends, Do you need this? Or is it a "Sarojism" and you would like it? ;)

If you only use one SS bowl then why get more than one? I like having the Lixits to be able to move around and change up the cage a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.