• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Completely Custom Freedom Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hope he can do it, question though, if i read your post right you still want the grate at the bottom? is that for cleaning purposes? since you always cover with paper, i thought you might ask for a solid bottom - of course that can be pulled out?
I put plexiglass over the grate so it works as a solid bottom...:highfive:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Can't wait to see the finished product.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Why do you even need a grate? Can't you just have the tray?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Saemma, could i trouble you to take a few pics of the buffet? From the inside and from the outside. How much room along the wall does it take up? Can that wall be used for climbing down at all? Also how it secures.....
thanks!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
ok, decided no buffet, so scratch the photo demand Saemma :D
I'm so excited, Mark said get as specific as you want....these cages are getting made totally from scratch so anything goes. I've never had a cage with a platform that drops down at the front of the cage near the top. Any pros and cons to this? I think my guys would enjoy it....:)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I'm so excited, Mark said get as specific as you want....these cages are getting made totally from scratch so anything goes. I've never had a cage with a platform that drops down at the front of the cage near the top. Any pros and cons to this? I think my guys would enjoy it....:)
I decided to go for one as well :) I asked around and found no cons, but a lot of people said their birds loved it, so I took a chance. I hope Lola likes it!!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I've heard good things about the platform thing. My friend currently has a style of cage that allows this and she says it is her birds favorite roosting spot.

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Skyler's new cage has the drop down platform above the door, and I haven't found any cons yet except that I bumped my head on it once when it was open (I had not got use to it yet). Pros: Skyler loves it! :)

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Re these the stainless steel cages? I would like to know how they come out as I would like to put my English Budgie in a cage that is not wire. He deserves a "real" Cage:)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Skyler's new cage has the drop down platform above the door, and I haven't found any cons yet except that I bumped my head on it once when it was open (I had not got use to it yet). Pros: Skyler loves it! :)

:omg: good point. I would not want to slam anyone sitting on it shut accidentally. I will ask if it can have a locking mechanism. Thanks for the idea Lisa!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I decided to go for one as well :) I asked around and found no cons, but a lot of people said their birds loved it, so I took a chance. I hope Lola likes it!!
I've heard good things about the platform thing. My friend currently has a style of cage that allows this and she says it is her birds favorite roosting spot.
okay then! I'll ask for it!:D

MaryB6368

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mary
I wish I could have more custom work on all my parrot cages. I would LOVE external feeders on all of them. There is so much more room inside the cage when the buffet is attached to the ouside and the food stays clean and it's easy to use.

I got our hy's SS cage modified by Mark and added the freedom buffet feeder. It was great service, they did nice work and I absolutely LOVE the feeder.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
My guys love the platform on the front of their cage. They spend a lot of time hanging out on it.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thanks for the input on the platform :D. I will ask Mark to put one in in each cage. We just had a great conversation on the phone. The ETA of the two cages is Sep 10!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.