• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel advice?

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
Pressure wash them then bake them for 30 minutes or until they are throughly dry then put them in the cage

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I honestly would stay away from any branches that have had pesticides on them.
Better to be safe then sorry.
:)

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Congratulations on getting a 'tiel. My 'tiels get Volkmans Avian Science Super Hookbill No Sunflower and Caitec Oven Fresh Bites. Check out Birdseed.com for Volkman seed although I am not sure how much the shipping would be.
Well, I don't have my tiel yet, but hopefully soon. Thank you! :)

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Pressure wash them then bake them for 30 minutes or until they are throughly dry then put them in the cage
okay. :)
I honestly would stay away from any branches that have had pesticides on them.
Better to be safe then sorry.
:)
I thought so, I will only use the ones that we didnt spray.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Had an easy and fun day in science Thursday! image.jpeg

Also, another question. How do you sprout seeds? Where can you purchase the seeds to sprout? Thank you!

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Is there a good way to sprout seeds? Everything I can find is very confusing. Also, what types of seeds are best for this? Thank you!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Here is something I posted a while ago on another thread. I use the Easy Sprout from Sprout People. I think there are various threads in the Feathered Food Forum about sprouting. Sprouting is easy and very nutritious. Anyway, hope this is helpful:

I always have sprouts going, and I find the Easy Sprout very easy! I use 1/4 Cup of the Little Bird mix from Sprout People. I soak it with some ACV overnight for 12 hours. I then put it in bright (but not direct) light and rinse and drain well about 3 times a day. I make sure to rinse them with cool water. (Not warm or very cold.) After about 2 days they seem done, so I soak them for 20 minutes with some ACV again, dry them well, and put them in the fridge. This gets eaten by my two tiels in about 3 days, right when I have more sprouts ready!

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Here is something I posted a while ago on another thread. I use the Easy Sprout from Sprout People. I think there are various threads in the Feathered Food Forum about sprouting. Sprouting is easy and very nutritious. Anyway, hope this is helpful:

I always have sprouts going, and I find the Easy Sprout very easy! I use 1/4 Cup of the Little Bird mix from Sprout People. I soak it with some ACV overnight for 12 hours. I then put it in bright (but not direct) light and rinse and drain well about 3 times a day. I make sure to rinse them with cool water. (Not warm or very cold.) After about 2 days they seem done, so I soak them for 20 minutes with some ACV again, dry them well, and put them in the fridge. This gets eaten by my two tiels in about 3 days, right when I have more sprouts ready!
Thank you! I feel dumb asking this, but what does AVC stand for?

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
ACV stands for apple cider vinegar