• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Check out the craftsmanship

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Cutie! What a great architect!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Those are some lovely baskets. They are amazing little builders! :rolleyes::xflove:

I wish I could hire them to build some architecture models... my weaving never looked half as nice.

Attachments

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Wow! :dance4:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thanks everyone! I'm sure Blu would be so proud (or angry, lol) to know that you are all so impressed with his hard work.

Those are some lovely baskets. They are amazing little builders! :rolleyes::xflove:

I wish I could hire them to build some architecture models... my weaving never looked half as nice.
That little house is so cute! Did you make that, @fashionfobie ?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Thanks everyone! I'msure Blu would be so proud (or angry, lol) to lnpw you are all so impressed with his hard qork.

That little house is so cute! Did you make that, @fashionfobie ?

I have made many many models :) I have also built full scale products and cabinets... however.. no ordinary cabinets.. more artsy and esoteric. That particular project in the photo was a two person team. So we shared the work about 50/50 and I can't take all the credit. My friend and collaborator is pretty Epic! We were pretty happy with how the little cabin model came out. The most fun was gathering the willow twigs from the site. The proposal was to encourage using materials on site for the build. It was for a little camping cabin.. they do not have any electricity or anything.. Just a place to sleep. If you ever go camping in Danmark you can find them on your hikes and sleep there.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I have made many many models :) I have also built full scale products and cabinets... however.. no ordinary cabinets.. more artsy and esoteric. That particular project in the photo was a two person team. So we shared the work about 50/50 and I can't take all the credit. My friend and collaborator is pretty Epic! We were pretty happy with how the little cabin model came out. The most fun was gathering the willow twigs from the site. The proposal was to encourage using materials on site for the build. It was for a little camping cabin.. they do not have any electricity or anything.. Just a place to sleep. If you ever go camping in Danmark you can find them on your hikes and sleep there.
Very very cool!!!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
He's on a roll with a new project and we've converted to more eco friendly materials

20190806_231535.jpg
20190806_213917.jpg

*notice the stink eye he's giving me. He gets very territorial once the nest becomes cave like. We'll see how long I can keep it up without too much blood shed.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
It is quite marvelous!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's very impressive. He looks as if he is very proud of his handiwork.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Blu sure knows how to build a fantastic nest!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very impressive!

And he looks like he absolutely would fight you if you try to disturb his handiwork!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Very impressive!

And he looks like he absolutely would fight you if you try to disturb his handiwork!
He's been so mean for the past couple of days. Not only is he possessive of the nest but he also comes over to the couch when I'm minding my own business and attacks whenever he feels the need. This thing is not going to stay up too long, unfortunately.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:kiss2:

Wally said she's impressed -- and that Blu is her type of man :geek:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
All that with no tools. Impressive. :D

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I took down all his hard work this morning. He's just been completely obsessed from the minute he wakes up till the minute before bed. Not eating much at all and being somewhat of a jerk. So since my friend was over I had him hold Blu in the living room while I demolished his masterpiece. When he came back to his room he inspected for a minute but didn't seem to care too much. Now he's eating nicely. Back to the drawing board again :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I took down all his hard work this morning. He's just been completely obsessed from the minute he wakes up till the minute before bed. Not eating much at all and being somewhat of a jerk. So since my friend was over I had him hold Blu in the living room while I demolished his masterpiece. When he came back to his room he inspected for a minute but didn't seem to care too much. Now he's eating nicely. Back to the drawing board again :)
Rinse. And repeat. :D