• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bye my little heart bird

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
they are so quiet I always thought indie was noisy one but must not have been
My Sydney was the quiet one. The day he passed, the birds were silent. All day. I really think they felt it, or knew something was not right.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Emma, I'm heartbroken for you.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
I am so sorry. Your Pico was just beautiful.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so very sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
So glad I have this place that understands my best friend just come to swap kids gifts I told her about pico she laughed and said do you have bird flu oh well thank you just what I needed
My brother in law and sister in law are only family to have met pico and they were so sad as pico loved when they came to stay

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So glad I have this place that understands my best friend just come to swap kids gifts I told her about pico she laughed and said do you have bird flu oh well thank you just what I needed
My brother in law and sister in law are only family to have met pico and they were so sad as pico loved when they came to stay
Some people just don't understand how much our birds mean to us. If it had been a dog or cat, would she have reacted the samè way? I sure hope not.
Still, not the best response from your best friend?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Some people just don't understand how much our birds mean to us. If it had been a dog or cat, would she have reacted the samè way? I sure hope not.
Still, not the best response from your best friend?
That is horrible...but I can say many people don't put them in the same category as a beloved pet companion. It took so many years for me to convince my family. I don't get it,
if anything caused someone I care about sadness, I feel empathy

To understand the true depth of these special souls, then those who have shared their life with them are our greatest support. We see so many find us here, just because they need that connection . The AA community provides so much comfort to those , who's first post is seeking help with their loss.

I'm one of so many thinking of you today. Wishing we can make your pain less .

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so terribly sorry!! :sorrow:
Just so hard to get my head around how does it change in 3/5mins I know in my logical head it does but my hearts like why
Sometimes they go so quickly without warning. It's not your fault, so hope you're not blaming yourself. I know it's so hard though :bluhug:

AW2023

Strolling the yard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Annie
I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
So truly sorry., Emma. Like others have said, and I say, though I do it myself, do not blame yourself. Easier said than done, I know.

As for the response from your friend, I know that feeling, too. You grieve as long as you need to, however you need to. If others knew or had had such a special connection with another being, they wouldn't say things like that. So they obviously haven't and I feel sorry for them.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Thank you everyone hubby put him under tree today with his ball couldn’t do it yesterday as it was so stormy

I knew people wouldn’t get it but I thought maybe knowing how much there mean she would have been more nice she was when we lost our dogs it’s such a shame people don’t see them same as cats and dogs they are still a massive part of our life’s

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I knew people wouldn’t get it but I thought maybe knowing how much there mean she would have been more nice she was when we lost our dogs it’s such a shame people don’t see them same as cats and dogs they are still a massive part of our life’s
Noone in my family knows we lost Sydney. Most never knew his name. I would rather grieve alone than risk telling someone and they respond like your friend did because I know it happens and it would break my heart.
I am also thankful of the AA community. We understand each other more than our own families and friends sometimes and we are always here for each other :hug9:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Noone in my family knows we lost Sydney. Most never knew his name. I would rather grieve alone than risk telling someone and they respond like your friend did because I know it happens and it would break my heart.
I am also thankful of the AA community. We understand each other more than our own families and friends sometimes and we are always here for each other :hug9:
My daughter told her off she said don’t laugh pico was our family I think I was just shocked

I am so glad to have this community it’s so sad you can’t or feel you can’t tell your family and thank you so much I know it can’t be easy for you and @Pixiebeak @orphansparrow to reply having just losted too

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
My daughter told her off she said don’t laugh pico was our family I think I was just shocked

I am so glad to have this community it’s so sad you can’t or feel you can’t tell your family and thank you so much I know it can’t be easy for you and @Pixiebeak @orphansparrow to reply having just losted too
Awesome daughter! I'm so very proud of her!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Awesome daughter! I'm so very proud of her!
Honestly I say what I think most of time she’s savage with it though if she got something to say says it and if she doesn’t like something or someone there’s no talking her around can be embarrassing sometimes :rofl: