• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bye my little heart bird

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Absolutely heartbroken
Just had the birds out was putting them back for bedtime and hoovering up my daughter shouted me for a drink I went downstairs all birds in cages pico was down playing with his ball as I left room I heard Indie screaming like I’ve never heard her before ran back upstairs to check her and pico was flapping about in his water bowl I thought he was bathing at first then he stop moving

I screamed hubby came running upstairs I got him out and he was gasping but breathing hubby took him off me and started massaging his heart while I tried to ring my vets shut but got through to emergency vets by time we got to car he was gone actually can’t think or talk at minute I don’t know what I am doing wrong or what I am going to do without my little pico I am absolutely heartbroken he was my little heart bird so soft and loving and full of energy
Hubby keeps saying he must have slipped and got stuck but how ? He baths in his bowl all time
IMG_4341.jpeg
I am so sorry my gorgeous little boy

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry. Fly high beautiful little Pico.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh I'm so so sorry. You gave him the most amazing life and yall were so lucky to have each other. Fly high and free sweet boy.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Oh no, I'm very sorry for your loss.
I am also lost for words to say here. I know the feeling, but I don t know what to say to make anything any better. But I am here for you and thinking about you and your family and Indie :(
:sadhug:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I am also lost for words to say here. I know the feeling, but I don t know what to say to make anything any better. But I am here for you and thinking about you and your family and Indie :(
I just don’t get it I was gone 3/5mins at tops just to get iris some water
I don’t even know what to do do I take him to vets to get him check or is it just an accident hubby put him in a box with his ball in garage I can’t look at his little wet body
I feel like such a failure olive now pico I feel like I am just letting them down
indie and remi go to a better home

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I don’t even know how Indie will be without him I know they aren’t bonded but they were friends bathed together played together when out
And there must be some connection way she was screaming never heard anything like it I thought she was stuck

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Oh I am so so very sorry. That is so heartbreaking. No words just sending you warm thoughts. Please be kind to yourself. It is obvious in all of your posts that you so love all your birds. Wish there was something more I could do but know we are here for you.:bighug:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This made me cry more but thank you means a lot although doesn’t feel like that at min
Oh I am so so very sorry. That is so heartbreaking. No words just sending you warm thoughts. Please be kind to yourself. It is obvious in all of your posts that you so love all your birds. Wish there was something more I could do but know we are here for you.:bighug:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh no Emma, I am so so sorry. You are not doing anything wrong- please do not think that!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
do I take him to vets to get him check or is it just an accident
Well, just use your best judgement. If you think the other birds could be at risk, then a necropsy may determine the cause. But if the other birds are fine, and you have checked and deem them to be not at risk, doing a necropsy may give you answers to what happened, but I personally don't believe it will bring much comfort of any sort, though everyone is different. I skipped a necropsy of Sydney because I didn't care to know the cause because from past experience, that doesn't bring me any comfort.

I know they aren’t bonded
I would like to think she will be ok as she still has Remi to hear bird sounds from but ultimately only time will tell. My birds were all ok after Sydney passing, though his mate Adelie.. I don't know still.

How is Indie now? Has she settled to sleep?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Well, just use your best judgement. If you think the other birds could be at risk, then a necropsy may determine the cause. But if the other birds are fine, and you have checked and deem them to be not at risk, doing a necropsy may give you answers to what happened, but I personally don't believe it will bring much comfort of any sort, though everyone is different. I skipped a necropsy of Sydney because I didn't care to know the cause because from past experience, that doesn't bring me any comfort.

I would like to think she will be ok as she still has Remi to hear bird sounds from but ultimately only time will tell. My birds were all ok after Sydney passing, though his mate Adelie.. I don't know still.

How is Indie now? Has she settled to sleep?
He’s not long been to vets about his plucking and went with indie for a general check up when I took her for hormones/behaviour I know it doesn’t fetch comfort didn’t with olive my heads just all over place I don’t actually know how old he was as his old owner said a 1 to 11/2 but didn’t have any proof when I asked and where he said he got him from breeder stop hand feeding a few years ago so I don’t know my heads just spinning maybe I didn’t get him out of bowl fast enough I just keep repeating it in my head I know it doesn’t help and I just have to accept it and remember him for his good not that last few moments

I couldn’t go back in the room she was calling so I said from hall it’s ok indie night night kisses and she made her kisses back to me and hubby went in gave them both treats made sure remi and indie were on their sleep perches and said night to them like I do I’ve not heard her but I can’t bro g myself to go look yet I don’t know what to do with his empty cage and toys his cage is the active one where we do tricks me and indie pico
They all seem to like his cage most to play on etc
I know I need to go in first thing in morning like normal but it’s going to hurt
I did to go check indie is asleep and ok I might send hubby in just for tonight

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Oh Emma ,
My heart stopped when I saw your post!! I'm so gutted for you, and your loss of beautiful Pico.

All my love to you . I'm so very sorry.

You did nothing wrong, don't you dare blame yourself, or re home your little sweeties. You provide amazingly for your birds in every way .

It's likely in his time of passing he fell in his bowl, rather than drowned in his bowl. The body goes through a process that is a lot like a seizure when passing.

My Burt took treats from me , was completely herself as I put them up to go outside and work in my garden. In less than an hour when I came back inside she was passing. They just don't let us know.

I lived through loosing Penny, and that tragedy was completely my fault. In no way is this loss of Pico your fault..We are going to loose our loves , we don't get to share their lives forever.

I'm so very sorry for the shock of this loss. Please my friend, do not blame yourself.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oh no Emma, I am so so sorry. You are not doing anything wrong- please do not think that!
Just so hard to get my head around how does it change in 3/5mins I know in my logical head it does but my hearts like why

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oh Emma ,
My heart stopped when I saw your post!! I'm so gutted for you, and your loss of beautiful Pico.

You did nothing wrong, don't you dare blame yourself, or re home your little sweeties. You provide amazingly for your birds in every way .

It's likely in his time of passing he fell in his bowl, rather than drowned in his bowl. The body goes through a process that is a lot like a seizure when passing.

My Burt took treats from me , was completely herself as I put them up to go outside and work in my garden. In less than an hour when I came back inside she was passing. They just don't let us know.

I lived through loosing Penny, and that tragedy was completely my fault. In no way is this loss of Pico your fault..We are going to loose our loves , we don't get to share their lives forever.

I'm so very sorry for the shock of this loss. Please my friend, do not blame yourself.
Thank you hubby read that on google not that it helps but I think it’s his way of helping even he had tears while massaging his heart he just kept saying come on pico

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Often nothing clear comes from necropsy. That is your choice tho. Myself id rather spend the money in wellness checks for the remaining, if I felt there was any risk. It sounds as if Pico was of the age we loose them.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oh Emma ,

That’s thing I had them out this morning he was totally fine flying in and out of room to bathroom my room sat on my shoulder only thing I noticed was in was plucking in front of me which he never does I gave him a bath with Indie and he stopped I was going to ring vets tomorrow to book him another appointment as he had a few runny poos today but they were after his bath which he normally was one but was a few today
I don’t know if I am just over reading everything at min

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I got them back out at 5 after tea he was going tricks sat on my shoulder him and indie sat in window together then I put them back about 5;45/6 he was feeding his ball while I hoovered up by 6:10 he was gone I think it just happened so fast

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I don’t know what to do with his empty cage and toys his cage
Get your husband to empty the drop tray and give it (and the grate) a bit of a clean, and then put a bedsheet over the cage until you are ready to deal with it. My friend lost her bird the other year and she left the cage like that for quite a while until she was ready (as ready as we can be anyway) to deal with it.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Get your husband to empty the drop tray and give it (and the grate) a bit of a clean, and then put a bedsheet over the cage until you are ready to deal with it. My friend lost her bird the other year and she left the cage like that for quite a while until she was ready (as ready as we can be anyway) to deal with it.
Good idea thank you I don’t know how indie will react to a bedsheet though she gets a bit freaked out anything new in their room but I will try
And their toys are attached to pico and indie cage in middle bit is their play area