• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bye my little heart bird

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I got them back out at 5 after tea he was going tricks sat on my shoulder him and indie sat in window together then I put them back about 5;45/6 he was feeding his ball while I hoovered up by 6:10 he was gone I think it just happened so fast
I'm glad you got to spend a lovely wonderful day with him . That it wasn't a day you were gone or working. He was surrounded by love.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I'm glad you got to spend a lovely wonderful day with him . That it wasn't a day you were gone or working. He was surrounded by love.
Thank you that’s a comfort I am so glad I wasn’t at work and hubby would have had to tell me
House just won’t be same without him

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Often nothing clear comes from necropsy. That is your choice tho. Myself id rather spend the money in wellness checks for the remaining, if I felt there was any risk. It sounds as if Pico was of the age we loose them.
Going to book a wellness check tomorrow with vets just to put my mind at rest

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Omg Emma hun,I am so sorry this has happened to you. I am in tears and at a loss for words.
I can't believe it. You must be absolutely devastated. Sending you and your family love and the biggest hug. :sadhug2:
Fly high our sweetest little Pico. :sorrow:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Thank you means a lot
Omg Emma hun,I am so sorry this has happened to you. I am in tears and at a loss for words.
I can't believe it. You must be absolutely devastated. Sending you and your family love and the biggest hug. :sadhug2:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Going to bury him tomos under tree with ball you got him he loved that bigger ball

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oh you just got me in tears again. Thats an honor to me. Thank you. xx
I will get another one for Indie. :)
Indie got a smaller one honestly that’s so lovely but she as a smaller one not sure she will play ball without pico he sets the game off :sad9:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Indie got a smaller one honestly that’s so lovely but she as a smaller one not sure she will play ball without pico he sets the game off :sad9:
I'm glad she's sleeping. She is going to be looking all over for him tomorrow. Remi too. I hope you can get through it okay. It's going to be hard. I hope you go easy on yourself and get some rest. xx

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I'm glad she's sleeping. She is going to be looking all over for him tomorrow. Remi too. I hope you can get through it okay. It's going to be hard. I hope you go easy on yourself and get some rest. xx
I am dreading it going to break my heart even more she’s never been without another lovebird
I think remi will be ok but then him and pico flock call to each other remi does same lovebird call indie doesn’t answer him but pico always did so I don’t know and if he called pico would come to bathroom or where remi is

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh my God :sadhug2: Emma I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine. I'm absolutely heartbroken for you and Indie both.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I'm so sorry this happened to you :sadhug2: You must be absolutely heartbroken. I'm sending you a huge hug and good vibes.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Get your husband to empty the drop tray and give it (and the grate) a bit of a clean, and then put a bedsheet over the cage until you are ready to deal with it. My friend lost her bird the other year and she left the cage like that for quite a while until she was ready (as ready as we can be anyway) to deal with it.
That's exactly what I've done everytime I've lost somebirdie and it does make it easier in a way to have it be covered but still comforted by keeping the cage.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I’ve just released I’ve had him 2years this month got him on 19th of December just to make things harder

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Absolutely heartbroken
Just had the birds out was putting them back for bedtime and hoovering up my daughter shouted me for a drink I went downstairs all birds in cages pico was down playing with his ball as I left room I heard Indie screaming like I’ve never heard her before ran back upstairs to check her and pico was flapping about in his water bowl I thought he was bathing at first then he stop moving

I screamed hubby came running upstairs I got him out and he was gasping but breathing hubby took him off me and started massaging his heart while I tried to ring my vets shut but got through to emergency vets by time we got to car he was gone actually can’t think or talk at minute I don’t know what I am doing wrong or what I am going to do without my little pico I am absolutely heartbroken he was my little heart bird so soft and loving and full of energy
Hubby keeps saying he must have slipped and got stuck but how ? He baths in his bowl all time
View attachment 439592
I am so sorry my gorgeous little boy
I am so sorry for your loss. I am heartbroken for you.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. No words can describe the pain of losing a loved one. :sorrow:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sudden deaths that leave us with so many questions are the hardest I've learned. I'm so sorry :(

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
This is so sad. I’m very sorry for your loss.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Thank you all so much I’ve just checked on remi and indie gave them their veggies they are so quiet I always thought indie was noisy one but must not have been
Going to bed there was no little beep pico did when hearing us a whistle back would settle him
So heartbroken