• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zazu melting my heart as always

Dgirard

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Danielle
Zazu and I had a good long snowpocalypse cuddle session. He is such a sweetheart :swoon: He normally doesn't like being touched that much, but has recently started asking for scritches by rubbing his head against my fingers. It melts my heart :cloud9:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Zazu and I had a good long snowpocalypse cuddle session. He is such a sweetheart :swoon: He normally doesn't like being touched that much, but has recently started asking for scritches by rubbing his head against my fingers. It melts my heart :cloud9:

I've always loved how fids tend to yawn when you scritch over their ears ...

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch pushes really hard with his beak when he wants scritches:D:heart: Sometimes if I don't get with it he starts preening and pinching my arm:eek:

Dgirard

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Danielle
I've always loved how fids tend to yawn when you scritch over their ears ...
I didn't realize that was why, but it makes sense. The yawns were what really got me though, because he's never that relaxed when I touchback head.
Lurch pushes really hard with his beak when he wants scritches:D:heart: Sometimes if I don't get with it he starts preening and pinching my arm:eek:
Zazu really likes to preen my fingernails. I think that's his cue sometimes that he wants scritches, because he can get really adamant about it if I don't do anything (like trying to pry my fingernail off). The little monster. :angel4:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I didn't realize that was why, but it makes sense. The yawns were what really got me though, because he's never that relaxed when I touchback head.

Zazu really likes to preen my fingernails. I think that's his cue sometimes that he wants scritches, because he can get really adamant about it if I don't do anything (like trying to pry my fingernail off). The little monster. :angel4:
Nerd before Lurch used to do the same. He'd even grab my fingers and guide them to the best spot, he also would let me just hold a finger still and he'd rub the bad spot very happily himself:heart:

Last edited:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
His little puffballness is irresistible :swoon::swoon::swoon:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, snuggy lovie! <3 He loves mama!

Dgirard

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Danielle
That is so adorable. :heart: Wish mine would let me scritch them. Maybe someday...........
Hang in there. Even a month ago I never would have thougot zazu would let me scritch him. He was terrified of hands for a long time. He slowly (after about 4 months) stopped attacking my fingers if they came near him. That progressed to perching on my fingers rather than just my hand. He used to run as far from my fingers after stepping up as he could. That progressed to relentlessly preening my fingers/nails. I think the preening made him realize that they weren't dangerous bird eating monsters. He then occasionally let me touch his body for brief moments. This video was the first prolonged scritching session after almost 1 year of having him. So I guess it just takes time and many cuddle sessions lol. I do think he is a particularly sweet lovebird though. He almost never bites. I think I have only been seriously bitten by him twice in the whole year I have had him. My last lovebird bit and attacked all the time. I have a suspicion he/she was a girl :rolleyes: