• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Young bird with droopy wings?

parrotkid

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlin
Hey,

I haven't posted here for a fair while now, years actually, but I've been thinking of adopting another Green Cheek into my flock. (My new profile picture) Past members may remember my previous Green Cheek passed away due to abnormally low temperatures about 2 years ago. I really do miss him. Had him cremated too... However, life goes on you know?

Now I have the opportunity to bring this girl into my life. A handraised yellow-sided green cheek conure. She's adorable! Yet, just last week the breeder mentioned to me her concerns for her. Her brothers are perfectly developed, whereas she's a little behind. Both her wings droop and she has less weight. Apparently when the breeder took her out of the nest box there was blood everywhere?

Now, I know nothing about bird breeding, I don't know the stages they go through. It could be normal. She is the youngest. She took him out to her bird breeder friend who's been in the business for 25+ years now, and he said she was fine. Just behind.

I'm still a bit skeptic, would love a second opinion.

Thanks!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Sorry to hear about your fid passing away! It is always sad to lose something that is a part of you! :cry3:

As for your little girl... a vets visit is indeed in order! Just to be on the safe side!

Welcome back! :greet7:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I would be very hesitant with drooping wings and low weight. I would want an actual vet confirmation of health. But knowing me, I might scoop her up just to make sure she will be okay. Vet, vet, vet!

parrotkid

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlin
I would be very hesitant with drooping wings and low weight. I would want an actual vet confirmation of health. But knowing me, I might scoop her up just to make sure she will be okay. Vet, vet, vet!
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, is there any cases that birds like this are fine though? She's only several weeks old